Thread Rating:
  • 22 Votes - 4.36 Average
PPSSPP Feature Request Page
08-20-2013, 10:10 AM
RE: PPSSPP Feature Request Page
I have a good idea for us monster hunter players (android specific):
Force analog to be at max position (forgot the term) ignoring the finger's position (literally acting like an analog dpad)
This would help small screens cause my hunter always stops when I wanna change direction cause analog "tilts less"

and also 2 other ideas:
1. Option to hide the buttons that are bind to a device button
2. Possibility to add an onscreen button that is basically 2 or more buttons (like for example a button that presses triangle and circle when you press it)

How do my ideas look?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-2013, 12:02 AM
(08-20-2013 01:11 AM)xZabuzax Wrote:  I tried the latest git release to see how the feature got implemented and while you can finally map the right-click of he mouse to the Pause hotkey this is still not acting like the Back hotkey that was removed.

This is a new example of how the feature should be:

If i'm in this window menu and i press Right-Click then it should go back to the previous menu before that.
[Image: eh6a.jpg]

This is the previous menu after pressing Right-Click.
[Image: q70d.jpg]

In other words, the Pause hotkey should act the same way as the removed Back hotkey.

Or just bring the old Back hotkey that got removed because now we can finally map that to the Right-Click of the mouse and this feature will be fully implemented.

I hope i was clear enough this time, thanks for all the hard work.

yes, this is exactly like it should be, sadly this is still not working.

the right click is implemented but this is not working as i or xzabuzax had in mind, by configuring the right click to the Pause button we should be able to go back in the menus too but this is not working.

right now pressing the right click to 'pause' will only work just to pause the game, but we also want it to be able to go back in the menus, not only the games. xzabuzax made a perfect example of how this feature should be.

it is easier to just bring the removed 'Back hotkey' again, this will most likely make the feature complete and ppsspp will behave exactly like magicengine.

developers, if this is not a problem then we would like to request the old 'Back hotkey' that got removed months ago, that hotkey should be the default one for ppsspp since it offers more than the current 'pause' button.
08-21-2013, 01:52 AM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2013 01:54 AM by killerhaha100.)
i know this my request will be a great help not only for me.so here is my request!
IF POSSIBLE CAN HAVE A PROFILE WITH THEIR OWN SETTINGS
EX:PROFILE 1=THE SETTINGS IS FOR GTA
PROFILE 2=THE SETTINGS IS GOR FF
LIKE YOU CAN CREATE DIFFERENT PROFILE
EACH PROFILE HAVE THEIR SETTINGS
CAUSE ITS A BIT HASSLE WHEN YOU NEED TO OPTIMIZED THE SETTING FOR A CERTAIN GAME IF ITS HAS PROFILE JUST CLICK THE PROFILE AND YOUR SETTINGS IS OPTIMIZED FOR THAT CERTAIN GAME! BTW IM ON ANDROID I HOPE MY REQUEST APPROVE. TNX
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-21-2013, 02:12 AM
(08-21-2013 01:52 AM)killerhaha100 Wrote:  i know this my request will be a great help not only for me.so here is my request!
IF POSSIBLE CAN HAVE A PROFILE WITH THEIR OWN SETTINGS
EX:PROFILE 1=THE SETTINGS IS FOR GTA
PROFILE 2=THE SETTINGS IS GOR FF
LIKE YOU CAN CREATE DIFFERENT PROFILE
EACH PROFILE HAVE THEIR SETTINGS
CAUSE ITS A BIT HASSLE WHEN YOU NEED TO OPTIMIZED THE SETTING FOR A CERTAIN GAME IF ITS HAS PROFILE JUST CLICK THE PROFILE AND YOUR SETTINGS IS OPTIMIZED FOR THAT CERTAIN GAME! BTW IM ON ANDROID I HOPE MY REQUEST APPROVE. TNX

I really really second this as well.

Currently the new 0.9 is amazing with the speed and compatibility, but the lack of actually saving the setting for each individual game is really troublesome. Some games have really different optimal setting than other games and trying to figure out which setting works best and changing ALL of them each time I want to play something different is a lot of work.

It would be incredible if this feature can be added to the next update.
08-21-2013, 08:05 AM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2013 08:05 AM by TheDax.)
Per-game settings are coming in the future. We ran out of time before 0.9's release.

Same with the pause/back thing. <- As far as this goes, it's sort of a complicated matter at the moment; the only screen at the moment which keybinding applies to is EmuScreen, which is what we call the in-game screen, meaning that even if you press your bound pause button all it's coded to do is simply go back one menu right now. It'll take some time to allow all of the screens to be closed from anywhere. I wasn't aware it was so complicated at first. Undecided

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
08-21-2013, 08:51 AM
(08-21-2013 08:05 AM)daxtsu Wrote:  meaning that even if you press your bound pause button all it's coded to do is simply go back one menu right now.

Dude, this is exactly what we want, it is to go back one menu by pressing it. This work if you map it to the ESC key but it doesn't work when is mapped to the Right-Click.

When mapped to the Right-Click it only work to pause the game and nothing else, however when it is mapped to the ESC key it work to pause the game and also to go back in the menus. The only thing that's missing is getting back to the game again.

We appreciate the effort you developers are doing in adding this feature but i assure you, it is worth it. PPSSPP will be a lot easier to configure if we use the Right-Click to go back in the menus. But at this moment this is not working with the Right-Click.

[CPU]: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz
[GPU]: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 2.0 4GB GDDR5
[PSU]: EVGA SuperNOVA G1 1000W (80 Plus Gold)
[RAM]: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz
[MOBO]: MSI Z97-GAMING 5
[PC CASE]: ENERMAX Ostrog GT (Red)
[CPU FAN]: Cooler Master: Hyper 212 EVO
08-21-2013, 08:59 AM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2013 09:02 AM by TheDax.)
Oh, I see. All of the confirm/back buttons for the menus are hard-coded right now, so currently right-clicking can't be used for that. However, it's trivial to add it in. It'd act as a cancel button(same as pressing escape).

There's no way to make escape or right click dismiss the pause menu though, not right now.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
08-21-2013, 09:04 AM
(08-21-2013 08:59 AM)daxtsu Wrote:  Oh, I see. All of the confirm/back buttons for the menus are hard-coded right now, so currently right-clicking can't be used for that. However, it's trivial to add it in. It'd act as a cancel button(same as pressing escape).

Yep, this is exactly what we want, thank you for looking into this issue mate, we appreciate your efforts in adding features and this feature is gonna be worth it.

08-21-2013, 09:07 AM
Sorry for the misunderstanding, heh. Still waking up. I've opened a pullrq with native which will let the RMB be a cancel button too.

08-21-2013, 09:15 AM
(08-21-2013 09:07 AM)daxtsu Wrote:  Sorry for the misunderstanding, heh. Still waking up. I've opened a pullrq with native which will let the RMB be a cancel button too.

Well english is not my main language so i wasn't sure if i was getting my point across.

I needed to use more fancy words i guess but you know, i just stick to the basic, is a lot easier =p

08-21-2013, 09:20 AM
I also put in a pullrq to let all of the hard-coded cancel buttons(escape, right click, etc) dismiss the pause menu so it goes back in-game.

08-21-2013, 10:14 AM
(08-21-2013 09:20 AM)daxtsu Wrote:  I also put in a pullrq to let all of the hard-coded cancel buttons(escape, right click, etc) dismiss the pause menu so it goes back in-game.

Excelent!, this will act as the removed Back hotkey.

I don't know why that hotkey got removed in the first place, that hotkey should have been the default one from the beginning but i'm glad it's gonna be back again.

Anyways, you're the man.

08-21-2013, 10:18 AM
In that emulator you guys like, does right click go back in ALL menus, or just its pause menu?

08-21-2013, 10:27 AM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2013 10:29 AM by xZabuzax.)
(08-21-2013 10:18 AM)daxtsu Wrote:  In that emulator you guys like, does right click go back in ALL menus, or just its pause menu?

It goes back one menu at a time, in other words, pressing Right-Click is the same as pressing ESC They both have the same function.

In PPSSPP we wan't the same, the Right-Click should do the same as pressing ESC in this emulator.

If you want i can send you MagicEngine so you can see how well the Right-Click was implanted and you will notice that this emu will benefit a lot from it too.

08-21-2013, 10:29 AM
Okay. Thanks.