Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
[Playable] God Eater 2 - NPJH-90338 DEMO
08-16-2013, 07:32 PM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2013 07:35 PM by CPkmn.)
RE: [Menu/Intro]God Eater 2 - NPJH-90338 DEMO
(08-14-2013 05:07 AM)kerupukalot Wrote:  @ckpmn
what mission is that with black sky? the one with 2 ogre tail? i havent seen something like that.

and yes i crash too in blood arts screen

The mission above the one I was selecting (in my screenshot) when I asked about the blood arts crash was the one with the black sky. Some apparently use bezier curves like God Eater/Burst. I guess some areas do and some don't in God Eater 2.

(08-14-2013 02:47 PM)Gurlok Wrote:  I can't really argue regarding the save compatibility, did you check the crypto mode on jpcsp?

yes, and it didn't work.

(08-16-2013 06:37 PM)tsengasd Wrote:  I pass the blood arts screen, using the hammer as a weapon because the game don´t show the blood arts, instead show other screen, if i use other weapon the game crash in the blood arts screen, i tested this using the build ppsspp-v0.8.1-1403-g33beb57 (64 bits), here the ss

I learnt that yesterday while playing around with different weapons, but not everyone will want to use the hammer. Not that I don't like the hammer, but I was curious if someone figured out the caveat to show the blood arts screen (so the hammer isn't required).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-2013, 07:56 PM
The game runs flawlessly on my phone, but as soon as i accept the first mission and go to the elevator to start it, it will get stuck in the loading screen.

Just tried every single option on my settings and i cant fix it -.-
08-16-2013, 08:11 PM
It doesn't freeze,it just requires powerful pc(or maybe because of bug)to decrease the wait time.
Here on my PC I had to wait ~60 seconds to load the stage...on phone will probably take even more time

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
08-17-2013, 07:02 AM
(08-16-2013 08:11 PM)vsub_ Wrote:  It doesn't freeze,it just requires powerful pc(or maybe because of bug)to decrease the wait time.
Here on my PC I had to wait ~60 seconds to load the stage...on phone will probably take even more time

It is me or, doesn't it sound like the last mission bug from god eater burst aswell?

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
08-17-2013, 07:47 AM
Don't know...I know it's doing something because the CPU usage is not a constant number.
Did you ever tried on GEB to wait and see if the game will actually continue(if the CPU usage is not always low during that time)

Save Game\States Manager
08-17-2013, 08:34 AM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2013 08:37 AM by Gurlok.)
Honestly I have not cleared the game on PPSSPP (as for now I don't have too much free time) so I can't answer your question yet, but a poster on GEB thread said that he was able to past the issue by fastwforwarding and waiting for 10 mins using an older build.

08-17-2013, 01:49 PM
(08-17-2013 07:47 AM)vsub_ Wrote:  Don't know...I know it's doing something because the CPU usage is not a constant number.
Did you ever tried on GEB to wait and see if the game will actually continue(if the CPU usage is not always low during that time)

I never had a problem with loading in this demo.
My PC takes 2~3 seconds max (usually not even that long) to load areas.

(08-17-2013 07:02 AM)Gurlok Wrote:  
(08-16-2013 08:11 PM)vsub_ Wrote:  It doesn't freeze,it just requires powerful pc(or maybe because of bug)to decrease the wait time.

It is me or, doesn't it sound like the last mission bug from god eater burst aswell?

What's wrong with the last mission? I finished all the missions with my build and I had no problem (story+challenge+DLC).
08-17-2013, 02:53 PM
(08-17-2013 01:49 PM)CPkmn Wrote:  I never had a problem with loading in this demo.
My PC takes 2~3 seconds max (usually not even that long) to load areas.

I just start the game,and continue until I'm able to accept the first training missing.
I accept the mission and when I go to the elevator,the game stay on the loading screen for about a minute(1:10 to be exact)and then the game continues.

If I abort the missing and accept it again,then the loading is less than 10 seconds.

v0.8.1-1581 x86 with default settings...Non-Buffered Rendering and MT is not enabled.

I had similar problem with GEB long ago but they were fixed
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...9#pid34399

Save Game\States Manager
08-17-2013, 03:40 PM
(08-17-2013 01:49 PM)CPkmn Wrote:  What's wrong with the last mission? I finished all the missions with my build and I had no problem (story+challenge+DLC).

According to the posts on GEB thread, some people experienced ah black screen after beating the last story mission (chapter 6 I believe? Dunno since I'm not at that point) prior the game asking to save, making the game impossible to continue; as a workaround an older build able to past that point was mentioned, but for some it works, for some don't.

08-17-2013, 07:17 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2013 07:20 PM by CPkmn.)
(08-17-2013 03:40 PM)Gurlok Wrote:  
(08-17-2013 01:49 PM)CPkmn Wrote:  What's wrong with the last mission? I finished all the missions with my build and I had no problem (story+challenge+DLC).

According to the posts on GEB thread, some people experienced ah black screen after beating the last story mission (chapter 6 I believe? Dunno since I'm not at that point) prior the game asking to save, making the game impossible to continue; as a workaround an older build able to past that point was mentioned, but for some it works, for some don't.

Chapter 6 is the last story mission for the original God Eater.
God Eater Burst follows the story of the original God Eater, but expands it (so chapter 6 isn't the last story chapter in God Eater Burst). At the end of chapter 6, both games play an MPEG (the credits). I remember PPSSPP had a problem with ending God Eater Burst MPEGs (or at least, the opening MPEG...I didn't try MPEGs beyond that one on the official build) but I thought it was already fixed on the official builds.

...and also

(08-17-2013 07:02 AM)Gurlok Wrote:  It is me or, doesn't it sound like the last mission bug from god eater burst aswell?

I don't think the issues are related, unless you somehow figured out the loading screen in the God Eater 2 demo is an MPEG? (from what I see on the log, it's not)
08-18-2013, 02:34 PM
(08-17-2013 07:17 PM)CPkmn Wrote:  Chapter 6 is the last story mission for the original God Eater.
God Eater Burst follows the story of the original God Eater, but expands it (so chapter 6 isn't the last story chapter in God Eater Burst). At the end of chapter 6, both games play an MPEG (the credits). I remember PPSSPP had a problem with ending God Eater Burst MPEGs (or at least, the opening MPEG...I didn't try MPEGs beyond that one on the official build) but I thought it was already fixed on the official builds.

Yes I know, It's just that even yesterday another user asked for an older build to skip the issue, so I don't know if the issue was already fixed, but if you haven't experienced it then the last few builds should do the job fine.

(08-17-2013 07:17 PM)CPkmn Wrote:  ...and also
I don't think the issues are related, unless you somehow figured out the loading screen in the God Eater 2 demo is an MPEG? (from what I see on the log, it's not)

I only guessed, I have not yet tried the demo, after I have free time I'll make some tests, though if you say that the log doesn't display anything related to MPEG you should be right.

08-19-2013, 03:14 AM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2013 06:03 AM by CPkmn.)
I did some more testing and figured out a few more things :

- it turned out I had crypto mode off when jpcsp (I could have sworn I had it on before, but I double checked this morning and it was off). The God Eater 2 demo saves from PPSSPP do load in JPCSP (with the same crypto modes) but it seems JPCSP crashes when talking to the girl at the desk. I'm not sure if that's an issue with a PPSSPP save going into JPCSP, or if JPCSP really can't allow the user to talk to the girl at the desk at the point I'm at (I know it's possible before the first mission in JPCSP, but I haven't tested JPCSP very far beyond that...)

- savestates do work in the official build. I guess I forgot to savestate something it uses properly in mine heh (although I don't have savestate problems in any other game so it's a little weird...)

- I was able to solo missions with my buster blade and win without triggering blood arts (to prevent crashing). I think it's possible for any weapon, but the easiest weapon to use (relative to not triggering blood arts) would probably be the boost hammer.

Also, I took a screenshot of one of the new buster blades Smile

[Image: 0vle.jpg]
08-19-2013, 05:32 AM
Interesting what have you found regarding JPCSP. That new blade has a nice looking, it sorta remind me the souledge of nightmare (soul calibur).

On a off topic note, damn GEB, I find the game so difficult, heck, if compared, monster hunter is a piece of cake; every attack from monsters deal 1/2 of HP damage to me, also I find blades so weak when dealing damage. I'm in chapter 3 and it is annoying to kill a vajira under 40 min ._. (putting aside the countless times I get killed).

08-19-2013, 06:11 AM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2013 06:43 AM by CPkmn.)
There's something interesting I noticed when looking at missions in PPSSPP. When you choose who to go with (or to go solo), the list of members you chose displays fine :

[Image: en74.jpg]

But if you go back before entering the mission (ie to cancel and choose a different one) no one is displayed on the list of members you chose :

[Image: 01cf.jpg]

Doesn't seem to affect gameplay, but it's just something I noticed that might be/probably is being done wrong.
Also, that was with solo. It seems to display 1 less member than however many are chosen, and if the protagonist is displayed (ie not solo) the name and codename you chose for the protagonist isn't shown when going back before entering the mission.

Regarding the off topic note, that brings back some memories. I remember when I was in a similar position. Now, I can take on 4 rank 7 ones at once solo and kill them all in less than 3 minutes (sometimes less than 2) and end at full HP.
08-19-2013, 05:33 PM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2013 05:35 PM by kerupukalot.)
(08-19-2013 05:32 AM)Gurlok Wrote:  Interesting what have you found regarding JPCSP. That new blade has a nice looking, it sorta remind me the souledge of nightmare (soul calibur).

On a off topic note, damn GEB, I find the game so difficult, heck, if compared, monster hunter is a piece of cake; every attack from monsters deal 1/2 of HP damage to me, also I find blades so weak when dealing damage. I'm in chapter 3 and it is annoying to kill a vajira under 40 min ._. (putting aside the countless times I get killed).

yes i think so too, GEB is really hard compare to monster hunter, that because there are not so many opening after each monster attack, however after fighting the new monster (the crocodile and the wolf), it's so much easier and the animation so much smoother, you can tell what the monster is going to do.

vajra however......is still the same lol, i hate that guy.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)