Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
a few questions regarding the emulator
08-09-2013, 07:48 AM
a few questions regarding the emulator
hi all, pretty new here, but not new to emulation Tongue

i had a few questions,

1: is there a quality guide to improve the graphics rather than a perfomance guide?

2 i saw an option to unlock the cpu, what will happen if i up the speed of the cpu beyond it limits of 333mhz, will my games run smoother than that they did on my psp/vita? (lets say a game had slowdowns on the psp, will they be remedied if i upped the clock speed to lets say 400mhz?)

thanks in advance and keep up the good work Smile

*~* You can get the weeny out of the war, but you cannot get the war out of the weeny
*~* [email protected] - 8gb ddr3 - gtx 970 - windows 7
*~* i am really good at English, but it isn't my native language :3
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2013, 07:53 AM
RE: a few questions regarding the emulator
1) Set texture scaling to 3x hybrid bicubic with deposterize, otherwise there isn't really much you can do yet Smile

2) yes. Also, the PPSSPP emulated CPU seems to be faster than the real one per clock so you get some of this effect without even overclocking it.
08-09-2013, 07:54 AM
Don't forget to tick on Antialiasing, too. Tongue

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
08-09-2013, 08:16 AM
(08-09-2013 07:53 AM)Henrik Wrote:  1) Set texture scaling to 3x hybrid bicubic with deposterize, otherwise there isn't really much you can do yet Smile

2) yes. Also, the PPSSPP emulated CPU seems to be faster than the real one per clock so you get some of this effect without even overclocking it.

havent had h+B and deposterize on, lets see how that looks Tongue
on the cpu clock thing, that is pretty interesting to tinker with, maybe final fantasy type-0 will be actually playable this time around instead of running @10fps lol

@daxtsu, i already added AA, it was one of the first things i added when tweaking xP

*~* You can get the weeny out of the war, but you cannot get the war out of the weeny
08-09-2013, 08:21 AM
Ah, sorry, I took a really quick glance. If you want even more quality, you can use NVidia Inspector to force the antialiasing level of your choice, and it should work.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
08-09-2013, 08:38 AM
(08-09-2013 08:21 AM)daxtsu Wrote:  Ah, sorry, I took a really quick glance. If you want even more quality, you can use NVidia Inspector to force the antialiasing level of your choice, and it should work.

nah not that big of an AA freak, 3x render is usually enough for me, a complete jaggyless game isnt possible, even on pc games or any other emulator, so im good Tongue

08-10-2013, 02:36 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2013 02:36 PM by warweeny.)
might as well post it in the topic i made,

my mother has an intel atom 2.2ghz processor with a pretty crappy videocard in it (laptop)
it can handle psx emulation and some n64 emulation to some decree (it runs banjo kazooie at playable speeds,not full speed all the time tho) to get a general performance idea Tongue

do you think her laptop can handle ppsspp?
when i see things like 1ghz android devices running games fullspeed i cant lose the mind of thinking it would be as light for the pc as well...but i am probably horribly wrong here xD

anyone know a bare minimum to run ppsspp on the pc? i saw a ''minimum'' spec @ the main site but its so vague Tongue (modern cpu, yeah i know exactly what you mean lol)

08-10-2013, 02:47 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2013 02:47 PM by vnctdj.)
(08-10-2013 02:36 PM)warweeny Wrote:  might as well post it in the topic i made,

my mother has an intel atom 2.2ghz processor with a pretty crappy videocard in it (laptop)
it can handle psx emulation and some n64 emulation to some decree (it runs banjo kazooie at playable speeds,not full speed all the time tho) to get a general performance idea Tongue

when i see things like 1ghz android devices running games fullspeed i cant lose the mind of thinking it would be as light for the pc as well...but i am probably horribly wrong here xD

anyone know a bare minimum to run ppsspp on the pc? i saw a ''minimum'' spec @ the main site but its so vague Tongue (modern cpu, yeah i know exactly what you mean lol)

You just have to test it Wink
You will not get awesome performance in games, but I think PPSSPP will run on your mother's PC Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
08-10-2013, 05:54 PM
(08-10-2013 02:36 PM)warweeny Wrote:  might as well post it in the topic i made,

When it comes to Atom chipsets and processors, our main concern is the actual model of the Intel gfx chipset used with the Atom.

The CPU may be able to handle it, but we'd need to know the precise model of the crappy videocard in it before we can make a definitive conclusion.

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
08-10-2013, 08:30 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2013 08:31 PM by warweeny.)
(08-10-2013 05:54 PM)solarmystic Wrote:  

When it comes to Atom chipsets and processors, our main concern is the actual model of the Intel gfx chipset used with the Atom.

The CPU may be able to handle it, but we'd need to know the precise model of the crappy videocard in it before we can make a definitive conclusion.

if i say it hampers with facebook slot machines and candycrush would that help? xD although i think that is more of the cpu fault tho...

i really dont know the exact vga and i am quite far of my moms place so i cant check it out yet, it didnt have an actuall recognisable name like hd 2xxx or better, it is an intel graphics card but it doesnt have decent drivers too, it was released before windows 7 Tongue

i dont think the laptop can handle ppsspp in such a way it can handle lets say crisis core full speed, osi am giving it a lost cause for now Tongue