Thread Rating:
  • 10 Votes - 3.9 Average
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
07-26-2013, 06:18 PM (This post was last modified: 07-27-2013 12:38 AM by jedi pawn.)
RE: Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
I got ppsspp from the playstore and peace walker always crashes when installing the data around the beginning, first time it kept saying its not responding and gave the options to force close, wait or report, on which i waited multiple times before force closing.
Using android ginger bread on sony xperia neo V. Any help will be welcome Smile I'm new to this emulator stuff, and while I'm kindof towards the web developement side, I don't really know c++ so less chinese please Big Grin

Edit: It turned out I needed a phone restart, but it works too slow Sad I even turned off all graphic settings (even the ones i didn't know, i just unchecked everything) and got that sound plugin but still really slow Sad do you need a controller to enjoy it on the pc? or is it playable without a controller?

pc specs: windows 7, 4 gb ram, some built in intel graphics card, dual core 1.8ghz (it should work fine on that right?)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-27-2013, 07:07 AM
(07-26-2013 07:41 AM)Gizmo770 Wrote:  EDIT: I tried the game, so far, everything works. 300 MB install works without any problems. I don't know what the problems are (For me anyways, all I did was install data and launch the game...), so could someone also list all the major problems?

The game is almost perfect now, except some bosses won't die for some reason, so you might have to resort to 1 hit kill cheat codes to beat them, until a proper fix is found. Also, I heard reports of some texture glitches involving rocket launchers, so that's another thing.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
07-27-2013, 01:06 PM
(07-27-2013 07:07 AM)daxtsu Wrote:  
(07-26-2013 07:41 AM)Gizmo770 Wrote:  EDIT: I tried the game, so far, everything works. 300 MB install works without any problems. I don't know what the problems are (For me anyways, all I did was install data and launch the game...), so could someone also list all the major problems?

The game is almost perfect now, except some bosses won't die for some reason, so you might have to resort to 1 hit kill cheat codes to beat them, until a proper fix is found. Also, I heard reports of some texture glitches involving rocket launchers, so that's another thing.

and shadows and lighting effects are broken!
07-28-2013, 05:37 PM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2013 09:27 PM by chukkyjr.)
btw is it just me, or the timer (any timer) is flipped upside down in this game? the actual bar for timer is actually correct (bars like alert etc)

still no luck getting past Peace Walker Battle 2, last tried on v0.8.1-955-g0988516
07-29-2013, 10:21 PM
My game freezes when I'm at the rescue Chico mission at the area where there are many houses and Chico is hiding in one of those houses.

v0.8.1-608-g4511867-windows-amd64.7z
07-30-2013, 02:51 PM
am i been stupid but im stuck, im at a mission which i need c4, ive tried getting RnD to make them but nothing, i did a few missions to see if it would work but im stuck.

i started a new game but still noticed that instead of taking me to the next mission, it takes me back to mother base and has random crashes like before when loading next mission, but not as often as the older build.
08-05-2013, 07:03 PM
(07-30-2013 02:51 PM)Retroboy Wrote:  am i been stupid but im stuck, im at a mission which i need c4, ive tried getting RnD to make them but nothing, i did a few missions to see if it would work but im stuck.

i started a new game but still noticed that instead of taking me to the next mission, it takes me back to mother base and has random crashes like before when loading next mission, but not as often as the older build.

Hm...sounds like you using some kind of bad ISO or a something like that...I'm playing MGS PW just fine;no crashes,mission ending works....

Did you downloaded the lates build? Which do you use?
08-07-2013, 10:49 AM
(08-05-2013 07:03 PM)Antonio1994 Wrote:  
(07-30-2013 02:51 PM)Retroboy Wrote:  am i been stupid but im stuck, im at a mission which i need c4, ive tried getting RnD to make them but nothing, i did a few missions to see if it would work but im stuck.

Hm...sounds like you using some kind of bad ISO or a something like that...I'm playing MGS PW just fine;no crashes,mission ending works....

Did you downloaded the lates build? Which do you use?

Ill have to double check the build but it was off the home page 8.1, but ive no idea why i cant create the C4 needed for my next mission.

i guess the datel codes might have affected the game
08-07-2013, 06:20 PM
I'm playing right now....I've went through majority of the missions(again) and so far no crashes. The only one that makes problems is the Peace Walker battle 2....cant kill him....everything else works,for me atleast.
08-07-2013, 09:54 PM
I have same problem the PW battle 2 is impossible you can't take its 2 last bars, other than that it runs perfect, the buffered rendering works fine, no frame skipping, full screen all work fine, but I can't kill that b4st4rd
08-10-2013, 08:06 AM
well,is the text left 2 the boss life bars fixed?they were flipped b4...

I don't exist anymore, no use calling a dead person
08-10-2013, 09:09 AM
I dont know,did any1 tested the boss names? I dont think it's fixed,if any1 can try the lates build?
08-10-2013, 04:38 PM
i tried it back on around rev 1155 and it is still upside down iirc, don't think it has been fixed in 1173 yet (the latest one when this post was made)
08-10-2013, 05:37 PM
Well,this is not much of a problem....the boss fight is,and the menu transparency,when you choose weapon or items.

Does the game look to bright when using buffered rendering?
08-10-2013, 06:12 PM
(08-10-2013 04:38 PM)chukkyjr Wrote:  i tried it back on around rev 1155 and it is still upside down iirc, don't think it has been fixed in 1173 yet (the latest one when this post was made)

sad...

I don't exist anymore, no use calling a dead person