Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 3.71 Average
Danganronpa Kibou no Gakuen ro Zetsubou no Koukousei (PSP The Best)
08-04-2013, 10:18 PM
RE: Danganronpa Kibou no Gakuen ro Zetsubou no Koukousei (PSP The Best)
The speed is approximately 50%, though it varies depending on the screen.

The laptop is set to highpower mode.

I'm running the 2 programs, but I can't tell what numbers to look at to determine if they are running at full capacity.

I haven't played any other games, so I have no idea. It seems many roms have specific settings that they need to be set at to run properly. Is there a "test rom" as such, to judge performance against?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2013, 10:26 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2013 10:30 PM by solarmystic.)
(08-04-2013 10:18 PM)XYouble3973 Wrote:  The speed is approximately 50%, though it varies depending on the screen.

The laptop is set to highpower mode.

I'm running the 2 programs, but I can't tell what numbers to look at to determine if they are running at full capacity.

I haven't played any other games, so I have no idea. It seems many roms have specific settings that they need to be set at to run properly. Is there a "test rom" as such, to judge performance against?

50% Speed is not playable, I agree. If you're still getting only that speed even after everything you've done in my guide, something is very wrong.

What you need focus in CPUz is the Core Speed measurement on the 1st page. Is it fluctuating while running the game? What is the reading?

And for GPUz, head to the Sensors Tab and focus on the GPU Load, GPU Core clock and GPU Memory Clock. Also observe whether the clock speeds are fluctuating or are they running at full speed. Check whether the GPU Load is stable. Report back the readings please.

Run both those apps on the side while you're playing Danganronpa on PPSSPP.

Yes, there is a test ROM you can use, and it comes bundled with PPSSPP. It's called cube.iso, and it's located in the demos subfolder within the ppsspp folder.

Load it into PPSSPP, and report your findings when holding down the "Tab" button to unlock your speed %.

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
08-04-2013, 10:58 PM
The Core Speed is constant between 1396MHz and 1397MHz

GPU Core Clock is constand at 650.0MHz
GPU Memory Clock is constant at 666.7MHz
GPU Loadis constant at 5%

Playing with both programs running lowers speed to approximately 37%, so they're probably higher when playing without them.

Cube with TAB held down shows speed at approximately 53%
08-04-2013, 11:14 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2013 11:23 PM by solarmystic.)
(08-04-2013 10:58 PM)XYouble3973 Wrote:  The Core Speed is constant between 1396MHz and 1397MHz

GPU Core Clock is constand at 650.0MHz
GPU Memory Clock is constant at 666.7MHz
GPU Loadis constant at 5%

Playing with both programs running lowers speed to approximately 37%, so they're probably higher when playing without them.

Cube with TAB held down shows speed at approximately 53%

That is not right at all.

Your CPU should have a Core Speed of 2100MHz when running at full speed, according to Intel:-

http://ark.intel.com/products/52220

Being stuck at 1396 MHz means that your CPU is NOT running at maximum performance.

Check the Power Options again, and set it appropriately to High Performance.

[Image: ijkWq1tgq4OSG.JPG]

Try and customize the advanced power settings (change plan settings, then change advanced power settings) like the screenshot below, carefully (scroll down to Processor power management):-

[Image: ib19nEPRFNpAEm.JPG]

Also, make sure you're plugged into the wall socket, and not running on battery power. Just check it again.

The GPU Load should be much, much higher. And the fact that you're only getting 5% means that it is being choked by the CPU. (CPU is not fast enough to cope with it).

The GPU core clock should also increase itself from 650 MHz to 1.1 GHz when you're running a game like Danganronpa.

No wonder you're suffering from mediocre performance.

You are running those two programs together with Danganronpa, yes?

As a last resort, you can update the drivers of your HD 3000 Integrated Graphics card from Intel:-

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Product...uctID=3319

Windows 7 x64 SP1

8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
08-05-2013, 02:32 AM
Hey guys, I've been having the basic "can't interact with anything" problem in the first room of Dangan Ronpa.

I have tried all recommended fixes and settings, even in the .ini such as FrameBufferstoMem = True (which didn't show up in the original .ini so I had to insert itself. I even downloaded older versions which had it in the .ini initially, but to no avail). I've tried absolutely every suggestion.

This then leads to the conclusion that I have an AMD graphics card. This, however, isn't true, as I happen to have an nVidia GeForce 9800 GT.

Thanks.
08-05-2013, 02:37 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2013 02:43 AM by solarmystic.)
(08-05-2013 02:32 AM)Watashi Wrote:  Hey guys, I've been having the basic "can't interact with anything" problem in the first room of Dangan Ronpa.

I have tried all recommended fixes and settings, even in the .ini such as FrameBufferstoMem = True (which didn't show up in the original .ini so I had to insert itself. I even downloaded older versions which had it in the .ini initially, but to no avail). I've tried absolutely every suggestion.

This then leads to the conclusion that I have an AMD graphics card. This, however, isn't true, as I happen to have an nVidia GeForce 9800 GT.

Thanks.

Ermm..

The newer revisions on the buildbot use a different ini setting called RenderingMode under the [Graphics] heading (it has been renamed)

RenderingMode uses values of 0,1,2 and 3

0 = Non Buffered Rendering
1 = Buffered Rendering
2 = Read Framebuffers to Memory (CPU)
3 = Read Framebuffers to Memory (GPU)

The equivalent setting is now to set that RenderingMode to 3 for your NVIDIA card in the ppsspp.ini file. This is the same as the older FramebufferstoMem = True ini setting which is no longer used in the latest revisions.

I'm assuming you're using the latest revisions on the buildbot here:-

http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/

The official 0.8.1 version on the main website does NOT support these modes at all and cannot be used with Danganronpa.

Windows 7 x64 SP1

8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
08-11-2013, 03:00 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2013 03:15 PM by Mubashwer.)
Please help me. I used build 1173 (x64). In chapter 5, right after the dead body of unknown masked person is discovered, the screen is infinitely loading. Changes to Framebuffer/Hardware transform options didnt help (originally played it with buffer to GPU option).. newer builds doesnt change nething and older builds crash on loading state.. please helpl.. if possible please pass this loading screen from my savestate [SAVESTATE #2] - http://www.mediafire.com/?n51m12jhb8k1cio

(08-11-2013 03:00 PM)Mubashwer Wrote:  Please help me. I used build 1173 (x64). In chapter 5, right after the dead body of unknown masked person is discovered, the screen is infinitely loading. Changes to Framebuffer/Hardware transform options didnt help (originally played it with buffer to GPU option).. newer builds doesnt change nething and older builds crash on loading state.. please helpl.. if possible please pass this loading screen from my savestate [SAVESTATE #2] - http://www.mediafire.com/?n51m12jhb8k1cio

wait i got it to work on an older build by actually saving the game instead of savestate =D
08-12-2013, 09:47 AM
Hi all, I just recently started playing dangan ronpa and solved the investigating bug, and had some questions that would like to know if is because of my settings or my hardware:

1. The game slowdown when the text is being animated, short but goes to 30% speed, is not that important but would like to know if it's something normal, or a setting that must be done.

2. With the Read Framebuffers to Memory (CPU) enabled, if I play for about half an hour or more the game crashes and says that there's not enough memory and to free some, is this normal? my ram is 2gb and use 6gb Virtual memory (yeah little but until now was ok), is this problem of my current hardware or there's a setting to fix it.

Aside from that the emulator goes just great and if there is a solution on this (if is software/config problem of course) it would be nice if someone would let me know.
08-12-2013, 10:02 AM
Hey there, so I've been playing Danganropa using the PPSSPP v.0.8.1-1169 it was working smoothly until I got to chapter 5 and its stuck in the loading screen, the game doesnt freeze, the emulator doesnt crash and I'm not seeding the game or anything.

I've tried disabling hardware transform didnt work, used the most recent emulator still didnt work Sad

Please help me with this issue >_<
08-13-2013, 07:20 AM
Came again as I haven't found a solution to my issue

Specs
CPU: AMD Phenom 4X Black Edition 9600 @ 2.3 Ghz (TLB fix)
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 4830 512mb GDDR3 (default clock 575/900)
RAM: 2 GB
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

Current PPSSPP Built v0.8.1-1293-g39950b0 (This one lags more and image sometimes freezes but the games keeps normal) also tested with v0.8.1-399-gb581b73 and v0.8.1-1173ge03acc4 (all x64).

Config
Hardware Transform On/Off
Vertex Cache On/Off
MipMapping On/Off
Read Framebuffers to Memory (CPU) On

So the thing is that the memory that ppsspp is using goes way a lot, up to 1.6+ gb in 10 min of gameplay and ram no matter what configuration I use it goes to the system asking to close the program for memory lack (FF7 Crisis Core, Dissidia, GOW, Corpse Party and others don't go beyond 500-600 mb, even games like Tomb Raider 2013 1.1 Gb +/- ) and have already look for any info on the matter but haven't found a clue so can anyone tell me if it's hardware problem, configuration on the emu, newer versions conflict or just my luck xD.

Thanks in advance for any help.
08-13-2013, 09:58 AM
I have a random bug with Dangan Ronpa. Sometimes the text becomes strange and after becomes normal.
I am using PPSSPP 0.8.1-1297
Here one screenshot

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

08-13-2013, 10:52 AM
Everyone has that bug. Turboing for a while usually fixes it.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
08-13-2013, 02:20 PM
(08-13-2013 10:52 AM)daxtsu Wrote:  Everyone has that bug. Turboing for a while usually fixes it.

Damn. Sad
Thank you very much for your answer!
08-13-2013, 02:22 PM
No problem.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
08-13-2013, 05:22 PM
Save a few bugs like the text issue and occasional crash right before a video, this seems to play straight to the end; I was able to finish it without much issue. Should this be moved to playable?