Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Looking for a RPG to play on PPSSPP
07-26-2013, 05:20 AM
RE: Looking for a RPG to play on PPSSPP
(07-26-2013 04:58 AM)vsub_ Wrote:  Look here...you can choose a region.
When you find some game that you like,check here if the game work on not.

Those are all of my RPGs
Crimson Gem Saga - work fine(audio problems)
Crisis Core - work fine
Dissidia 012 - work fine
Hexyz Force - work fine
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep - work fine
Lunar Silver Star Harmony - work fine
Mana Khemia Student Alliance - work fine
Mimana Iyar Chronicle - work fine
Persona 3 - work fine
Phantasy Star 2 - work fine
Radiant Mythology - work fine(audio problems)
Radiant Mythology 3 - randomly crashes and it's Japanese only(the game have English patch for the menus)
Twin Braves - work fine(the game have English patch for the menus)
Unchained Blades - work fine
Ys Seven - work fine

I told him about gamefaqs already, but forgot about the compatibility list, good job vsub_ .

I wouldn't suggest Phantasy Star Portable 2/Infinity though, it has many heavy graphical glitches to be played without experiencing pain.

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-26-2013, 05:29 PM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2013 09:36 PM by Hansuke.)
(07-26-2013 04:58 AM)vsub_ Wrote:  Look here...you can choose a region.
When you find some game that you like,check here if the game work on not.

Those are all of my RPGs
Crimson Gem Saga - work fine(audio problems)
Crisis Core - work fine
Dissidia 012 - work fine
Hexyz Force - work fine
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep - work fine
Lunar Silver Star Harmony - work fine
Mana Khemia Student Alliance - work fine
Mimana Iyar Chronicle - work fine
Persona 3 - work fine
Phantasy Star 2 - work fine
Radiant Mythology - work fine(audio problems)
Radiant Mythology 3 - randomly crashes and it's Japanese only(the game have English patch for the menus)
Twin Braves - work fine(the game have English patch for the menus)
Unchained Blades - work fine
Ys Seven - work fine
Thank you but I am looking for working games that are not Final Fantasy and are classic styled RPGs like turned based ones. Not action RPGs. Tongue Specifically, I am looking for something I can grind on while watching a TV show or movie. I do thank you though for the list just it doesn't help me... Tongue Mana Khemia looks nifty but I have the PS2 port. As I previously stated I played all the Final Fantasy games. I am a Final Fantasy nut. lol I also know how to tell if the game is working you kinda posted that looking a bit annoyed. Don't worry I know how to tell if a game is working or not. This isn't the question I needed. Please, read the topic before posting. I do thank you for this list but you kinda just wasted your time posting this sadly. The only useful information you posted was Mana Khemia Student Alliance. Not trying to be rude but can you please read the topic before posting? Thank you for your research though... Smile
07-26-2013, 05:34 PM
Brave Story: New Traveler I believe may be what you're looking for.
07-26-2013, 05:52 PM
(07-26-2013 05:34 PM)EvilKingStan Wrote:  Brave Story: New Traveler I believe may be what you're looking for.

Definitely a game I will be looking into! Big Grin It looks awesome! Thank you so much! Big Grin
07-26-2013, 05:58 PM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2013 06:24 PM by GuilhermeGS2.)
Someone can recommend me a good real-time RPG? I mean an RPG that isn't like the FF games, I don't know if the name is really real-time RPG *-*

EDIT: I think the name is Action RPG Smile

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
07-26-2013, 06:17 PM
The english rpg of the kind you are looking for is not big anyway.
And btw you can't know if a game is playable or not until you clear the whole game

Also
Quote:games that are not Final Fantasy and classic styled RPGs like turned based
Quote:Not action RPGs
Quote:Specifically, I am looking for something I can grind on while watching a TV show or movie.
what kind of rpg is that then...you want to level up while doing something else but to not be turned based.

Can you tell me how will you grind if the game is not turn based while you are not actually playing the game(while watching a TV show or movie)

Action RPG - impossible
Turn based rpg - possible but your don't want those kind of rpgs
Strategy rpg - there are two types:
1.Turn based - possible but you don't want turn based
2.Real Time - impossible(those are similar to action rpg)

Hexyz Force - turn based
Brave Story: New Traveler - turn based
Now tell me,why are you giving positive reply to those games if you don't want turn based
Hexyz Force - turn based
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep - action rpg
Lunar Silver Star Harmony - turn based
Mana Khemia Student Alliance - turn based
Mimana Iyar Chronicle - action rpg(the battles are not turn based)
Persona 3 - turn based
Phantasy Star 2 - action rpg
Radiant Mythology - action rpg(the battles are not turn based)
Radiant Mythology 3 - action rpg(the battles are not turn based)
Twin Braves - action rpg
Unchained Blades - turn based
Ys Seven - action rpg

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
07-26-2013, 06:55 PM
(07-26-2013 05:58 PM)GuilhermeGS2 Wrote:  Someone can recommend me a good real-time RPG? I mean an RPG that isn't like the FF games, I don't know if the name is really real-time RPG *-*

Lord of Arcana/Apocalypse (the latter is really awesome but in japanese), Kingdom hearts birth by sleep, Crisis Core final fantasy VII, the various Ys games. Phantasy star portable 1 and 2 suffers from some heavy glitches (that's unfortunate because they are a must have for anyone who likes loot and grind type of rpg), Final Fantasy Type-0 (japanese only). There are others which I don't remember now, but there are some listed in these previous topics aswell Smile

(07-26-2013 06:17 PM)vsub_ Wrote:  Can you tell me how will you grind if the game is not turn based while you are not actually playing the game(while watching a TV show or movie)

Action RPG - impossible

Hexyz Force - turn based
Now tell me,why are you giving positive reply to those games if you don't want turn based
Hexyz Force - turn based
Persona 3 - turn based
Twin Braves - action rpg
Ys Seven - action rpg

I thought the same thing :/

07-26-2013, 07:26 PM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2013 07:29 PM by GuilhermeGS2.)
(07-26-2013 06:55 PM)Gurlok Wrote:  
(07-26-2013 05:58 PM)GuilhermeGS2 Wrote:  Someone can recommend me a good real-time RPG? I mean an RPG that isn't like the FF games, I don't know if the name is really real-time RPG *-*

Lord of Arcana/Apocalypse (the latter is really awesome but in japanese), Kingdom hearts birth by sleep, Crisis Core final fantasy VII, the various Ys games. Phantasy star portable 1 and 2 suffers from some heavy glitches (that's unfortunate because they are a must have for anyone who likes loot and grind type of rpg), Final Fantasy Type-0 (japanese only). There are others which I don't remember now, but there are some listed in these previous topics aswell Smile

Thanks, but I don't like to games like Final Fantasy style. I like real-time action games. But thx Smile

I like to games style Shining Force NEO and EXA(PS2).

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
07-26-2013, 07:48 PM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2013 07:48 PM by EvilKingStan.)
He said he wanted a turn based RPG, so he wouldn't have to be paying attention 24/7. He just didn't want it to be a mainstream game like Final Fantasy. Hence, Brave Story. Also, Phantom Brave is excellent as well.
07-26-2013, 08:06 PM
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light is another option, but it does not work on PPSSPP. I found it in the list and it seems good, but I do not know if it is a good game.

There are many RPGs without English translation. I hope that English patches come in the future.

Suikoden: Tsumugareshi Hyakunen no Toki
Final Fantasy Type-0
Trails in the Sky Second Chapter and the other games of Trails/Kiseki series
Nayuta no Kiseki
Frontier Gate
07-26-2013, 08:18 PM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2013 08:19 PM by EvilKingStan.)
(07-26-2013 08:06 PM)Squall Wrote:  Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light is another option, but it does not work on PPSSPP. I found it in the list and it seems good, but I do not know if it is a good game.

There are many RPGs without English translation. I hope that English patches come in the future.

Suikoden: Tsumugareshi Hyakunen no Toki
Final Fantasy Type-0
Trails in the Sky Second Chapter and the other games of Trails/Kiseki series
Nayuta no Kiseki
Frontier Gate

There is hope for a Final Fantasy Type-0 English Patch.
http://skybladecloud.wordpress.com/2013/...n-project/
http://skybladecloud.wordpress.com/proje...anslation/
It was updated about five days ago, so it's reasonably safe to say it's still ongoing.
This guy also made a tool to merge the Type-0 ISOs into a single 2 GB file, and is well-known for a ton of hacking in Dissidia 012 so people can input custom stages, characters, and music. So I have a huge amount of hope to one day play my Type-0 and understand what's going on.
07-26-2013, 09:27 PM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2013 09:44 PM by Hansuke.)
(07-26-2013 06:17 PM)vsub_ Wrote:  The english rpg of the kind you are looking for is not big anyway.
And btw you can't know if a game is playable or not until you clear the whole game

Also
Quote:games that are not Final Fantasy and classic styled RPGs like turned based
Quote:Not action RPGs
Quote:Specifically, I am looking for something I can grind on while watching a TV show or movie.
what kind of rpg is that then...you want to level up while doing something else but to not be turned based.

Can you tell me how will you grind if the game is not turn based while you are not actually playing the game(while watching a TV show or movie)

Action RPG - impossible

Hexyz Force - turn based
Hexyz Force - turn based
Persona 3 - turn based
Twin Braves - action rpg
Ys Seven - action rpg

Sorry I messed up. I typed my response to you when I just got up. As I previously said I am looking for turn based RPGs. Not action based ones. I meant to say something that is not Final Fantasy however is turn based like Final Fantasy. As for Type-0 I been waiting for this game for a long time now. Smile I am just waiting till it has at least the story fully translated. As Final Fantasy games are usually very good with there story lines. Smile Also, side note Unchained Blades isn't turn based. That is like Dance Dance Revolution styled when I looked at it. Maybe it is just for there "limit breaks"? Not sure. It didn't get good reviews. o.o Again, read the topic. Tongue You only really suggested me 2 games of what I was looking for the others were already posted which is why I wasn't personally thanking you for them. As someone already posted it. If you read the topic you would have known I typed a typo in that. Thank you everyone again it is much appreciated! Big Grin I will also check out Phantom Brave thanks EvilKingStan! Big Grin
07-27-2013, 03:11 AM
(07-26-2013 07:48 PM)EvilKingStan Wrote:  He said he wanted a turn based RPG
SRW.

Oh wait.
07-27-2013, 05:05 AM
(07-27-2013 03:11 AM)Razorback Wrote:  
(07-26-2013 07:48 PM)EvilKingStan Wrote:  He said he wanted a turn based RPG
SRW.

Oh wait.

If he is new to the series he will have quite some problems understanding the game (cause of the language rather than game mechanic). Though I don't know if SRW can fit here, since he is looking for turn based rpg rather than tactical ones :/

07-27-2013, 06:08 AM
SRW = Super Robot Wars? Like, the game on the SNES? Amazing game :O