Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
memstick folder path
07-20-2013, 04:36 PM
memstick folder path
I want to set my memstick folder to another HDD.
Is it possible? if no for now, any plans?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-20-2013, 05:15 PM
RE: memstick folder path
(07-20-2013 04:36 PM)HEGREN Wrote:  I want to set my memstick folder to another HDD.
Is it possible? if no for now, any plans?

no 4 now,yay 4 future (mayb)...

I don't exist anymore, no use calling a dead person
07-20-2013, 05:34 PM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2013 05:54 PM by solarmystic.)
If you are on Windows Vista/7/8 you can use the mklink command prompt function to make junctions that will trick the program into thinking that your memstick folder is still in the same place.

Consider the following scenarios:-

1. Your ppsspp folder is in C:\ppsspp\ which means that the program would look to C:\ppsspp\memstick for the location of your savedata

2. Your actual memstick folder (with all the save files etc) is in D:\memstick since you are running out of space in C:

The procedure:-

1. Open up an administrative command prompt. (Start, type in cmd, right click on the icon that appears in the search results and click on Run as Administrator)

2. If the above details as outlined in the scenarios above are true, type in the following:-

mklink /j "C:\ppsspp\memstick" "D:\memstick"

(The first path is the place where you will create the junction/virtual folder which will be linked to the second path, which is the actual location of your save data and the memstick folder)

3. Press Enter/Return key

(If you get an error at this point, make sure that the memstick folder in C:\ppsspp does not exist, it should not be there, so that windows can create the junction)

4. To test out whether or not it was a success, go back to your original ppsspp folder in C:\ppsspp and double click on the memstick folder there (it should be a folder with a shorcut arrow next to it).

It should properly load the contents of the folder you've linked to which is actually in D:\memstick

You've now linked your memstick folder from D: to a "virtual" one in C:\ppssspp and the emulator will still think that the savefiles are in C:\ppsspp\memstick

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
07-21-2013, 02:56 PM
Thanks for the info.
I'll try mklink tho I still want the setting memstick path feature Big Grin
07-22-2013, 01:06 PM
@solarmystic
thnx 4 the temp hack,bt lookin 4ward to get it official...

I don't exist anymore, no use calling a dead person
07-22-2013, 03:39 PM
(07-20-2013 05:34 PM)solarmystic Wrote:  If you are on Windows Vista/7/8 you can use the mklink command prompt function to make junctions that will trick the program into thinking that your memstick folder is still in the same place.

Consider the following scenarios:-

1. Your ppsspp folder is in C:\ppsspp\ which means that the program would look to C:\ppsspp\memstick for the location of your savedata

2. Your actual memstick folder (with all the save files etc) is in D:\memstick since you are running out of space in C:

The procedure:-

1. Open up an administrative command prompt. (Start, type in cmd, right click on the icon that appears in the search results and click on Run as Administrator)

2. If the above details as outlined in the scenarios above are true, type in the following:-

mklink /j "C:\ppsspp\memstick" "D:\memstick"

(The first path is the place where you will create the junction/virtual folder which will be linked to the second path, which is the actual location of your save data and the memstick folder)

3. Press Enter/Return key

(If you get an error at this point, make sure that the memstick folder in C:\ppsspp does not exist, it should not be there, so that windows can create the junction)

4. To test out whether or not it was a success, go back to your original ppsspp folder in C:\ppsspp and double click on the memstick folder there (it should be a folder with a shorcut arrow next to it).

It should properly load the contents of the folder you've linked to which is actually in D:\memstick

You've now linked your memstick folder from D: to a "virtual" one in C:\ppssspp and the emulator will still think that the savefiles are in C:\ppsspp\memstick

Very interesting, thanks ! Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
06-20-2017, 03:33 PM
https:// github.com/MarioMasta64/EverythingPortable/releases/latest
https:// github.com/MarioMasta64/EverythingPortable/blob/master/launch_ppsspp.bat
i made a ppsspp launcher for my suite with a special feature: memstick detection. memsticks will automatically be detected and set in quicklauncher mode and a menu will ask which you would like to use in launcher mode. you can type default in launcher mode to use data\ppsspp\ if no memstick is found in both modes it will simply launch using data\ppsspp\.