Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.33 Average
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
07-11-2013, 04:40 AM
RE: Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
Has anyone else noticed a major glitch with the vanish command? Whenever I or an enemy uses it the entire screen goes black except for weapons and the lock on symbol. While this is as simple as not using it most of the time, it's not so easy when an enemy uses it (like MF)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2013, 05:10 AM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2013 05:11 AM by RavenChaser.)
Hi, I am just finished Ventus Route on Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix Version. When I start a New Game, I am suppose to be able to load trophies from my save data, but it says "unable to load system data no system data found". Anybody know why?

All my save files still works, I just can't load trophies from media storage when I start a new game.

note: ppsspp is the best emulator I ever come across. can play most games with 0 lag and minimum graphic glitches. who ever wrote it is a genius Big Grin
07-13-2013, 10:38 PM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2013 10:44 PM by SinorKirby.)
When copying over my save games and system data from my PSP for the Final Mix version, it keeps saying that the save data is corrupted. Is there anything I'm doing wrong that would cause this, like not using a special save data import tool to bring my saves to PPSSPP or something?

(07-11-2013 05:10 AM)RavenChaser Wrote:  When I start a New Game, I am suppose to be able to load trophies from my save data, but it says "unable to load system data no system data found". Anybody know why?

All my save files still works, I just can't load trophies from media storage when I start a new game.
That's to load your trophies and such from the standard Japanese version of Birth By Sleep. Not to load them from your previous save game in the Final Mix version. Trophies in Final Mix are stored in the game's system data and are saved across however many save games you have for Birth By Sleep Final Mix.
07-16-2013, 12:07 AM
KH BBS works flawlessly (a few minor frame rate issues but generally +30fps) on the HTC One. The only issue is that there is no way to 3 finger touch thus making the shotlock tutorial level passable. Any advice?
07-17-2013, 05:35 PM
Really need help with saved data. When i transfer save data from my PSP or online it says its corrupted. How can i fix this?
07-18-2013, 01:15 AM
(12-27-2012 05:22 PM)Mugetzu Wrote:  File Type: CSO
version: 0.4 git (2012/12/27)
Compatibility: Loading Screen

NOTE:can not see anything but if you press X and you will hear is loaded

Sir how can i download it? Im using tablet right now and i cant press X thanks for posible reply
07-18-2013, 01:48 AM
Download what, the emulator? Grab the latest beta here.

If you mean games, might I suggest re-reading the rules?

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
07-18-2013, 05:33 AM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2013 04:17 PM by Vanitas.)
My game works, but with the frameskipping on, it is REALLY choppy. How does anyone suggest I fix this problem?
07-18-2013, 05:47 PM
Any one know how to get transferd saves to work???
07-18-2013, 08:25 PM (This post was last modified: 07-19-2013 09:08 AM by bigol.)
With the latest build when you access the moogle shop the sound is too loud compared to the rest of sound effects , it scared me
and it seems that vsync is not working anymore on full screen

with the build 617 the sound is ok, but the vsync is already not working anymore
07-19-2013, 07:05 PM
If you're using the latest build, the controls are in (Press esc) -> Controls.
If you're using the stable 0.8.1 build, the controls are in Options -> Controls.
07-19-2013, 07:15 PM (This post was last modified: 07-19-2013 07:16 PM by kingdomkey123.)
(07-19-2013 07:05 PM)gintoki147 Wrote:  If you're using the latest build, the controls are in (Press esc) -> Controls.
If you're using the stable 0.8.1 build, the controls are in Options -> Controls.

I'm using the the 0.8.1 build, I gave that a try and moved the buttons control over to Y and H; same result as before. Could this be a processing error? I have a friend who is using the same emulator, same game, and a similar controller; the controls work fine.
07-21-2013, 09:22 PM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2013 10:07 PM by pablitox777.)
i am experiencing heavy crashes, its the eur version of birth by sleep,when i load the loading screen is kinda scrambled and it freezes

using version 0.8.1

i'm in terra's storyline, just starting deep space,it usually crashed in the command board minigame, used a savestate so i wouldn't have to start again, was that a bad idea?
07-22-2013, 12:52 AM
The problems concerning not being able to do the ice cream beat game and the fruit game seem to be related to the 60 fps hack. You talk to the characters that innitiate those minigames and the camera stays on them but the dialoge box never triggers. What ends up happening is your character model dissaperars for dialogue and the camera is locked on the npc but it gives you back control of the game. You can move around but you cant see yourself and the camera is locked. If you get in that situation you can run around until you find an exit. when you change maps all wil be fixed. I recomend saving at disney town before you talk to anyone just to be safe but worst case, just turn off frame limiting and just try to run around until you can get out of the area.

Both minigames work perfectly fine every time if you turn off the 60 fps cheat and restart ppsspp. the game is 100% playable, every minigame and sidemission, in 30fps but I just turned it off for those games, 60fps for everything else seemed fine.

That being said I feel like the ice cream minigame seems really off. Can anyone confirm the timing of the beats don't fit with the music, or is it just me? I am really into rythum games and have played ddr for the past 6 years. It seems off compared to the vanilla psp. It could be input lag or something on my end but I don't know. I use analogue audio output and switched to a fast monitor as the tv I normally use does introduce lag but that doesn't help.

Turning buffered rendering off will solve a lot of graphical glitches. I have seen no benefits of leaving it enabled in the game. Character models can be black with no textures while it's on but turning buffered rendering off and leaving the area sometimes didn't help, restarting ppsspp and loading the game with buffered rendering off is recommended

There are still graphical issues in cutscenes but nothing gamebreaking or even that will make you miss story elements. Sometimes it will look the the character models are in shadow or it just cuts off the background of the scene. I have found no current setting to help these issues.

And on frame rate most of the game is great for me at 4x resolution and 4x texture scale but the arena and final boss will kill your framerate (parts of disney town were a bit resource intensive to but not on the scale of the arena). I have a i7 3770k at 4ghz and a gtx 670 OCed about 10% above stock and with a normal uncapped framerate above 300 it drops to less than 10(unplayable) in those places at those settings with the 60fps hack. even at 30 fps it still has trouble with that texture scaling but is a lot better(if your lazy you could just use frame skip at those parts to keep you from having to restart ppsspp). I have to bump it down to 2x texture scaling in those parts and the default filter is recommended as they can make a big difference at those parts. Also if you don't mind the extreme slowdown at the arena lobby I think all the challanges you can do there load a different map so you will have slowdown in the lobby but all the actual games there (except maybe the first arena challange?) will work as well as the rest of the game.

I never found unlocking the internal cpu and running it at max opposed to the 222mhz stock to make any real difference in any situation at 30 or 60 fps. I changed the ingame option to run at 333mhz and another option to improve quality(forgot the exact purpose) and didn't see any performance hit at all. When I had 300+ fps 111mhz to 666mhz had a 10fps difference and when it dropped to below 10fps in the arena there was less than 1fps difference if any. It's understandable as the actual cpu emulation is prety negligable in this game compared to how the textures are handled in memory.

This game is not disk limited at all and running off a ramdisk has no effect on the game.(It actually can help some games believe it or not)

I would love to go over 4x resolution, I have no idea why the devs limited it to that. you might say that that resolution is excessive but I supersample dark souls more than that. most modern PCs are capable of more that 4x and it would help the visual quality immensly, I just hate the jagged edges, especially knowing it's an artifical limit Smile

Also fyi I 100% Terra's story line 100% on ppsspp. If anyone would like I'll tell you the revision of .8 I used but it was a couple weeks ago. I always try to use the latest
07-22-2013, 04:50 PM
Could someone share there BBS emulator save with me please.