Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2 Average
low nds4droid
06-07-2013, 05:34 AM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2013 05:43 AM by aki21.)
RE: low nds4droid

(06-07-2013 04:23 AM)cloud1250000 Wrote:  ahah that's why ppsspp is a winner from the start.

Supporting all platform by default and optimizing everything at the same time for every single platform is the way to go....
But how do the devs should I've know that cellphone will take this kind of path?

Anyway, in the following years, we will probably see change in the current emulators (pcsx2, dolphin, dunno...) to something more flexible and efficient just like ppsspp and ps3pcx...

Dolphin have already started the work for this... but for pcsx2... it will probably much more time... and nds emulator will follow for sure Wink

have a nice day Wink

they might have to start from scracht lol.like ppsspp did without rebasing code from other emus,making it from start with armjit been implemented(sure there's lot of work to do,but maybe the result is over expectation),it just who gonna do it anyway?i think pcsx2 emulator can't impelement the arm jit,i wonder how well the performance if armjit option can be use in pcsx2.

my sub weapon:
xperia mini hd
1ghz scorpion
single core
not clocked

my ultimate weapon
acer(laptop)
2.2ghz ?core
intel media accelarator 3000

i'm a tester,but not as good as other,please be kind with me,haha.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2013, 10:23 AM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2013 10:23 AM by slamandar.)
I have some news i think their others developers working now in DS emulator for android like Exophase :

" Hello, Exophase here. I just wanted to say thank you for the proper credits, and while I never dreamed of the gpSP ARM recompiler being repurposed for DS emulation I hope you’re finding it useful. This may be too late now, but if you have any questions or comments feel free to let me know.

That said, it might interest some to know that a DS emulator I’ve been working on should be available for Android in the near future (hopefully). It has already been available on the Pandora handheld (lowly 600MHz/1GHz single-core Cortex-A8) for a few months (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dUqYjg23vk), albeit with poorly optimized 3D and geometry emulation. But I’ve been optimizing these over the last few weeks so things are gradually shaping up. "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dUqYjg23vk

reply is from nds4droid Forum :

http://jeffq.com/blog/theforums/topic/de...co/page/2/
Find all posts by this user
06-08-2013, 12:40 AM
(06-07-2013 10:23 AM)slamandar Wrote:  I have some news i think their others developers working now in DS emulator for android like Exophase :

" Hello, Exophase here. I just wanted to say thank you for the proper credits, and while I never dreamed of the gpSP ARM recompiler being repurposed for DS emulation I hope you’re finding it useful. This may be too late now, but if you have any questions or comments feel free to let me know.

That said, it might interest some to know that a DS emulator I’ve been working on should be available for Android in the near future (hopefully). It has already been available on the Pandora handheld (lowly 600MHz/1GHz single-core Cortex-A8) for a few months (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dUqYjg23vk), albeit with poorly optimized 3D and geometry emulation. But I’ve been optimizing these over the last few weeks so things are gradually shaping up. "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dUqYjg23vk

reply is from nds4droid Forum :

http://jeffq.com/blog/theforums/topic/de...co/page/2/

Looks interesting, for sure there will at least be some playable games, but very few work at all. But it would be interesting to see if DraStic and NDS4droid start building off of each other's code.
06-26-2013, 03:34 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2013 03:35 PM by slamandar.)
The NEW release from Jeff :

nds4droid release 35 beta

performance increase about 10-15% (for me 4~5 fps) Smile
07-07-2013, 01:25 PM
DraStic (DS Emulator) for Android

This is very good news, the guy doing this is something of an emulator maestro & a bit of a legend in the Pandora community.. he's produced some incredible stuff for the Pandora.
It's also a native project & not a half assed port/fork of an already shoddy unoptimized emu, so expect it to perform very well (he's renowned for managing to squeeze performance out of thin air)
Im guessin the android version will run better because the pandora only has a 1ghz cpu, the are already android phones with 1.7ghz quad-core, i really got my hopes up ^^
but need to remember that Android’s Abstraction-layers, also use CPU-Power…
Another thing is, if you optimise it to a hardware, you need much less power then if it should run on different Platforms.
Anyway, I also think that some stuff will help the android-version to run faster than other emulators.
Exophase said it will be a teaser video for the Android version in a few days
07-08-2013, 01:38 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2013 01:41 PM by aki21.)
(07-07-2013 01:25 PM)slamandar Wrote:   DraStic (DS Emulator) for Android

This is very good news, the guy doing this is something of an emulator maestro & a bit of a legend in the Pandora community.. he's produced some incredible stuff for the Pandora.
It's also a native project & not a half assed port/fork of an already shoddy unoptimized emu, so expect it to perform very well (he's renowned for managing to squeeze performance out of thin air)
Im guessin the android version will run better because the pandora only has a 1ghz cpu, the are already android phones with 1.7ghz quad-core, i really got my hopes up ^^
but need to remember that Android’s Abstraction-layers, also use CPU-Power…
Another thing is, if you optimise it to a hardware, you need much less power then if it should run on different Platforms.
Anyway, I also think that some stuff will help the android-version to run faster than other emulators.
Exophase said it will be a teaser video for the Android version in a few days

I hope it will run pretty good on my android,i jusst want to play srt og saga and kingdom heart with good speed.is it a native project?where can I find them?

my sub weapon:
xperia mini hd
1ghz scorpion
single core
not clocked

my ultimate weapon
acer(laptop)
2.2ghz ?core
intel media accelarator 3000

i'm a tester,but not as good as other,please be kind with me,haha.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-08-2013, 04:17 PM
this is the pandora compatibility list
DraStic Compatibility List

i hope this be the same for the android release
07-08-2013, 07:57 PM
when for android?
07-10-2013, 03:15 AM
Exophase work now on a teaser video so be patient .