Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Final Fantasy IV : The complete collection
06-21-2013, 06:37 PM
RE: Final Fantasy IV : The complete collection
will final fantasy 4 work for amd by the 8.0 release???
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-21-2013, 08:57 PM
(06-21-2013 06:37 PM)stephenseiber Wrote:  will final fantasy 4 work for amd by the 8.0 release???

just hope it work flawlessly on any hardware Big Grin

my english is poor , sorry
06-22-2013, 05:15 AM
(06-21-2013 06:37 PM)stephenseiber Wrote:  will final fantasy 4 work for amd by the 8.0 release???

How badly I want to reply to this with total sarcasm, but I will refrain.

The truth of the matter is there is no way to know when or if FF4 will ever run perfectly on any hardware. It still has it's issues with the ideal setup and small changes made to make the games work better could actually make it worse, so there is no way to tell.

In all honestly, making an account to ask if something will be fixed that is a known issue really is the worst way to go about it. If you'd like to help, read through the whole post and then reply with anything new/different you're experiencing so the dev's know.

They are doing the best they can (and it's great!) for free, they don't ask anything from us in return, so helping them in anyway you can would be great.
06-22-2013, 04:13 PM
you know it was during 7.6 builds that they fixed ppsspp to even do anything with FFIV and probably fixed compatibility with dozens of games. they have made huge progress in the last 2 months. and with how many games they have fixed its not impossible for them to fix this. + since im unfortunate to be on an AMD graphics card I cant read any of the text. Nor have I ever beat FFIV before so i cant just play a game without knowing whats going on. though I can confirm all the bugs are still present.
06-22-2013, 05:09 PM
(06-22-2013 05:15 AM)NotTheAndroid Wrote:  

How badly I want to reply to this with total sarcasm, but I will refrain.

The truth of the matter is there is no way to know when or if FF4 will ever run perfectly on any hardware. It still has it's issues with the ideal setup and small changes made to make the games work better could actually make it worse, so there is no way to tell.

In all honestly, making an account to ask if something will be fixed that is a known issue really is the worst way to go about it. If you'd like to help, read through the whole post and then reply with anything new/different you're experiencing so the dev's know.

They are doing the best they can (and it's great!) for free, they don't ask anything from us in return, so helping them in anyway you can would be great.

the TLDR answer is NO.
06-24-2013, 08:48 PM (This post was last modified: 06-24-2013 08:51 PM by Druidiii.)
I'm using an Intel GMA 4500hd m for graphics and game works well except when magic or summon spells are cast. The VPS drops below 8 making the game run extremely slow, the game runs fine again after magic is finished. Turning off Buffered Rendering fixes the no Text Displayed problem. Have not played very much of the game due to this problem after reading the posts here I suspect i will have to wait till a fix for this problem is discovered. I am using Windows 32bit V0.8 ppspp as I do not have a very powerful laptop and have found 32bit emulators to run better for me on my laptop.
06-24-2013, 11:25 PM (This post was last modified: 06-24-2013 11:27 PM by Squall Leonhart.)
the GMA 4500hd is weak, and you shouldn't expect much of it when it comes to any opengl compliancy.

Intel HD graphics from Sandy or IvyBridge (HD 2000/3000 and 2500/4000) is the recommended Intel IGP for any emulator utilising opengl fbo's.
06-25-2013, 02:13 PM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2013 02:17 PM by Silpheed.)
I am still learning, so I am wondering if this is the issue (in laymans terms)

The text and menu boxes missing are on a curve above the graphics of the game. Like if you take a piece of paper and push it together from both ends, it creates the curve. Right now we can't see the curve, only what is under the curve.

So it's kind of like, finding the mathmatical formula to see the curve the missing text sits on?

I have some free time soon, so I wanted to see if I could work on this. Because if it's mathmatical instead of graphical, I think it's something I can grasp.

edit: I found this:
Draw Handles
Only relevant for Bézier curves, when enabled, it draws the whole control points (with its two handles defining the curve vectors on both sides of the point itself), else only the central vertex is shown.

Which makes me think the same too. Ah, I like learning things.
06-26-2013, 01:33 AM
We don't support curves right now, so yeah, that is most likely the reason... I think right now we badly/horribly approximate them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C3%A9zier_surface

I don't really understand these well, but this game definitely uses them, and based on what you said, it's most likely why things are not showing up correctly (although, there are probably also other problems.)

-[Unknown]
06-26-2013, 10:28 AM
So for the moment we can't do anything to play the game with text until this curve problem is solved?
06-26-2013, 03:59 PM
Game works perfectly fine for me. No errors at all, no text bugs, ect. Some minor graphics issues but nothing that interrupts game-play at all. Devs I wouldn't worry about this game for now. You can fully enjoy it. Smile
06-26-2013, 04:11 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2013 04:31 PM by TheDax.)
(06-26-2013 10:28 AM)Fantasylord Wrote:  So for the moment we can't do anything to play the game with text until this curve problem is solved?

Sure, just turn buffered rendering off if you have an NVidia card. AMD still doesn't work as far as I know. Or does that not help everything? Hm..

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
06-26-2013, 04:24 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2013 04:25 PM by Ultrama.)
(06-26-2013 03:59 PM)Hansuke Wrote:  Game works perfectly fine for me. No errors at all, no text bugs, ect. Some minor graphics issues but nothing that interrupts game-play at all. Devs I wouldn't worry about this game for now. You can fully enjoy it. Smile
but how did you fix this thunder issue and the text on top of each other in battle?
and there is still a problem with linear filtering
06-26-2013, 05:26 PM
(06-26-2013 04:24 PM)Ultrama Wrote:  
(06-26-2013 03:59 PM)Hansuke Wrote:  Game works perfectly fine for me. No errors at all, no text bugs, ect. Some minor graphics issues but nothing that interrupts game-play at all. Devs I wouldn't worry about this game for now. You can fully enjoy it. Smile
but how did you fix this thunder issue and the text on top of each other in battle?

I didn't. Like I said minor graphic issues. They really not that major. I am able to play to end game no issue.
06-26-2013, 06:55 PM
(06-26-2013 05:26 PM)Hansuke Wrote:  
(06-26-2013 04:24 PM)Ultrama Wrote:  

I didn't. Like I said minor graphic issues. They really not that major. I am able to play to end game no issue.

It's misleading to say what you are saying. It only works like you are describing if you have an nvidia graphics card (which not everyone does), and you have buffered rendering turned off, and even with that, the graphical bugs are not a minor thing. It's only something that does not impede the game itself- except for the players without nvidia who can't even see the menus.