Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Linux: Weird squares everywhere.
06-10-2013, 09:43 AM
RE: Linux: Weird squares everywhere.
Sounds like the assets you grabbed are newer than the PPSSPP you are using then.
Try grabbing an older assets file from the same link.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2013, 02:17 PM
Thanks xsacha. I'll download and test them, then report later.

But I'd really appreciate if you could tell me how to make a build from the source code, I really want to make my own ones for the sake of convenience. All I know is that I need git but from there I don't have a single idea from where to go. I checked the documentation at PPSSPP repository and they seem to give some steps on how to do it but I didn't get any of it.
06-11-2013, 11:53 PM
Niyawa, this is Ubuntu or similar, right? I'm not very familiar with it, but you might try installing QtCreator (it should be available in the package system) and opening the Qt project. If not, you need g++, cmake, sdl-dev or something, etc. to compile the SDL version (those should also be in your distro's package system.)

-[Unknown]
06-12-2013, 12:00 AM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2013 12:00 AM by Niyawa.)
(06-11-2013 11:53 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Niyawa, this is Ubuntu or similar, right? I'm not very familiar with it, but you might try installing QtCreator (it should be available in the package system) and opening the Qt project. If not, you need g++, cmake, sdl-dev or something, etc. to compile the SDL version (those should also be in your distro's package system.)

-[Unknown]

Okay, I'll try with Qt (apparently that's the recommended method). Thanks.
06-13-2013, 01:09 PM
Niyawa, were you lucky?
Did it worked for you (to compile it somehow)?

ThinkPad T420s | 4GB RAM | 160GB SSD
Intel® Core™ i5-2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz | Intel® Sandybridge Mobile
ubuntu 13.04 64Bit | Planning to install Windows 7 Professional 64Bit for dualboot
06-13-2013, 02:04 PM
(06-13-2013 01:09 PM)Iljalicious Wrote:  Niyawa, were you lucky?
Did it worked for you (to compile it somehow)?

I didn't test it yet. I've installed a new distro called Zorin OS and I'll try with it today. Still need to update a few things.
06-13-2013, 04:30 PM
Oh, okay, if it will work for you to build it with ZorinOS, maybe I will try it there too then Tongue

ThinkPad T420s | 4GB RAM | 160GB SSD
Intel® Core™ i5-2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz | Intel® Sandybridge Mobile
ubuntu 13.04 64Bit | Planning to install Windows 7 Professional 64Bit for dualboot
06-15-2013, 03:08 PM
(06-13-2013 04:30 PM)Iljalicious Wrote:  Oh, okay, if it will work for you to build it with ZorinOS, maybe I will try it there too then Tongue

Just an update. I didn't build it yet but I tried the one you uploaded for me and it works great. So I believe it should work with a bleeding edge build too. I'll be using the Windows one since it's the only one that has support for Turbo but I thank you guys for all the help.