Thread Rating:
  • 23 Votes - 4.17 Average
PPSSPP Symbian Port
05-01-2013, 12:22 AM
RE: PPSSPP Symbian Port
(04-30-2013 11:51 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Ah, right. Yeah, broken builds are really bad for bisecting.

Does your build server have output? I check the one we have for Linux/Android/Mac periodically, if there's a place I can check for Symbian too, I will.

-[Unknown]

No output yet. I guess a bit messy to stick up show log because it's quite large. I'll try to get this in future though.
Instead of 'Did not build' I could have 'Build Failure [Log]' with download link.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2013, 09:47 AM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2013 10:12 AM by tenshitsuki.)
The symbian version it's a little different, with some peculiar bugs, green screen on games like ghost'n goblins and naruto, a problem with the sound and some weird bug on guilt gear xx., but usually it works pretty good to me.
Besides that, I think that's weird see people talking about the symbian version as if it was something that it's not equal (well, it has some weird bugs, but it has too some things that works better, like the frameskip, at least to me lol) , saying that the OS has problems that makes the emulator don't works the same way. Sorry about saying too much, it's just that i think that's unfair hehe.

There's some difference using between iso and cso? I mean, being cso a more compact version, it's more "heavy" to run? Or uses more ram?
05-02-2013, 10:55 AM
Hello, new versions of PPSSPP NokiaE6-00 cannot be used normally, open the black. My version is Belle Refresh. and I hope to be repaired, be indebted forever.
05-02-2013, 02:32 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2013 02:36 PM by xsacha.)
Since which version is it not working on your E6?

(05-02-2013 09:47 AM)tenshitsuki Wrote:  The symbian version it's a little different, with some peculiar bugs, green screen on games like ghost'n goblins and naruto, a problem with the sound and some weird bug on guilt gear xx., but usually it works pretty good to me.
Besides that, I think that's weird see people talking about the symbian version as if it was something that it's not equal (well, it has some weird bugs, but it has too some things that works better, like the frameskip, at least to me lol) , saying that the OS has problems that makes the emulator don't works the same way. Sorry about saying too much, it's just that i think that's unfair hehe.

There's some difference using between iso and cso? I mean, being cso a more compact version, it's more "heavy" to run? Or uses more ram?

Symbian version is identical in every way to Android build in compatibility. It's only the hardware which is different.
The GPU on Symbian devices acts differently which is why we get green screen. Some Android devices also get this. It's just a difference in GLES2 implementations. The bug started ~v0.6.

CSOs are extracted in to RAM. Best to use ISOs.

The issues that people complain of would also be occurring in the Android builds. I own Android, Symbian, Meego and Blackberry 10 devices so I see these issues on all of them Wink
05-02-2013, 02:46 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2013 02:47 PM by Hecserr.)
yeah, whats better.....an iso or cso? there is just one eboot.pbp that works on my n8 which is the n64 emulator. But, is there any difference when using iso or cso, is an iso file better than the cso file?? Thanks in advance!
By the way, green screen fixed with build v0.7.6_332, nice job xsasha!!!!!! there are still some bugs, but i know u are working on it. Thanks again!!!!!

(05-02-2013 02:46 PM)Hecserr Wrote:  yeah, whats better.....an iso or cso? there is just one eboot.pbp that works on my n8 which is the n64 emulator. But, is there any difference when using iso or cso, is an iso file better than the cso file?? Thanks in advance!
By the way, green screen fixed with build v0.7.6_332, nice job xsasha!!!!!! there are still some bugs, but i know u are working on it. Thanks again!!!!!

hahajaja already answered!
05-02-2013, 03:04 PM
hi xsacha sorry to put it in the symbian topic but you seemed to be active in this one. Could you check the meego automated builds.

v0.7.6-279-g132b4ad is the last git build that works on meego. The newer builds simply do not open or load by clicking on the icon, although i havent tried to open it by the terminal so im not sure what error gets produced.

again sorry for being offtopic
05-02-2013, 03:14 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2013 04:15 AM by xsacha.)
I'll track that down for you articnova.

articnova: I looked in to this and the latest version (340) works perfectly with every game I tested on Meego.
Can you check if it's fixed?
05-03-2013, 12:47 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2013 02:00 PM by articnova.)
Ah thanks very much xsacha. Just tried ver 340 at the newer builds and it now loads on meego. Just now need to work out settings to get the games to show other than just loading saves menu xD

Thanks again

Edit:

Yea not sure why but every game i try on the newer builds do not seem to show anything visually other than seeing your saves and loading one menu. There are sounds so the games are running. I guess maybe there was changes to the graphic options that dont do well with the nokia n9 hardware?
05-03-2013, 04:02 PM
The new Japanese/Chinese/Korean fonts are eating your VRAM, which is very limited.

We need to find a better solution for drawing text.
05-03-2013, 04:09 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2013 04:10 PM by xsacha.)
articnova: Like Hrydgard said, there is no VRAM left.
I think N9 has 64MB VRAM (shared with system RAM) and of that you get about 40MB to play with. The fonts use ~20MB right now. So many games run out and then display black instead.

Until this is resolved, please use v0.7.5 (before the language fonts were added).
05-03-2013, 05:04 PM
Ah thanks for the responses Henrik and xsacha. Good to know that the cause is known atleast.
05-04-2013, 08:06 PM
xsacha, Upcoming C6-01 pes, gta game work?
05-05-2013, 01:03 AM
xsasha, i have some questions.

I have n8, and i was wondering if i had C memory totally empty, and mass memory empty too, would that make ppsspp run faster?, and does an external memory usage decrease speed?, sorry about my english, i hope u anderstand. By the way, im using v0.7.5 cuz 0.7.6 actually sucks a little bit.

I just want to know if any of the things i have said before would increase the speed of the emulator?

thanks in advance.
05-05-2013, 01:12 AM
Pretty sure it would only affect loading times. Speed of the game shouldn't be affected by storage speed.
05-05-2013, 01:46 AM
(05-05-2013 01:12 AM)xsacha Wrote:  Pretty sure it would only affect loading times. Speed of the game shouldn't be affected by storage speed.

thanks a bunch ¡¡¡