Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Project Shield and PPSSPP. Anyone excited about it?
04-30-2013, 09:15 PM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2013 09:16 PM by Dwightyone.)
Project Shield and PPSSPP. Anyone excited about it?
I think I am. Smile

I think I'm going to trade in my Xperia Play for one and hopefully experience Windows PPSSPP speeds on an Android device with physical controls and analogue sticks.

Anyone else thinking of getting it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2013, 09:44 PM
RE: Project Shield and PPSSPP. Anyone excited about it?
i believe PPSSPP will give another dimension to these devices Project Shield & Ouya if support is added of course
04-30-2013, 09:59 PM
I think is very good play on Project Shield. The physical control enhances the experience of gameplay, I can say it because I have a joystick and I use this on my phone. On a larger screen also is better to play.
Not to mention the performance, with a Tegra 4, is very fast. I want to play in one Project Shield, one day...

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
04-30-2013, 10:18 PM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2013 10:35 PM by Dwightyone.)
(04-30-2013 09:44 PM)sfageas Wrote:  i believe PPSSPP will give another dimension to these devices Project Shield & Ouya if support is added of course

You mean button mapping?

I think you mean this, I don't know what you mean. Big Grin

If Nvidia know about PPSSPP I bet they're thinking do it, it will increase our sales. I was going to get Vita but not now, I'm going to get Project Shield just for PPSSPP.

(04-30-2013 09:59 PM)GuilhermeGS2 Wrote:  I think is very good play on Project Shield. The physical control enhances the experience of gameplay, I can say it because I have a joystick and I use this on my phone. On a larger screen also is better to play.
Not to mention the performance, with a Tegra 4, is very fast. I want to play in one Project Shield, one day...

I agree with everything you say. Smile

The screen size, very nice. It's like having an Xbox pad with a TV screen attached. Plug in headphones as well and it should be a very immersive experience. I think the system is perfect fit for PSP games (I hope).

I just hope the price is good. I've read maybe it will be around $300.00 dollars. I'll sell my Xperia Play for $150 dollar and go on big food diet for a month to pay for the rest of it.
04-30-2013, 10:45 PM
yeap physical controls,although it's too soon to say anything(generally) as emulator is still in progress & these devices is not out yet
04-30-2013, 11:03 PM
(04-30-2013 10:18 PM)Dwightyone Wrote:  
(04-30-2013 09:44 PM)sfageas Wrote:  i believe PPSSPP will give another dimension to these devices Project Shield & Ouya if support is added of course

You mean button mapping?

I think you mean this, I don't know what you mean. Big Grin

If Nvidia know about PPSSPP I bet they're thinking do it, it will increase our sales. I was going to get Vita but not now, I'm going to get Project Shield just for PPSSPP.

(04-30-2013 09:59 PM)GuilhermeGS2 Wrote:  I think is very good play on Project Shield. The physical control enhances the experience of gameplay, I can say it because I have a joystick and I use this on my phone. On a larger screen also is better to play.

I agree with everything you say. Smile

The screen size, very nice. It's like having an Xbox pad with a TV screen attached. Plug in headphones as well and it should be a very immersive experience. I think the system is perfect fit for PSP games (I hope).

I just hope the price is good. I've read maybe it will be around $300.00 dollars. I'll sell my Xperia Play for $150 dollar and go on big food diet for a month to pay for the rest of it.

Well, I'll have that wait this device arrive on Brazil and wait the lower price, I think will be R$1000(about 500 dollars). The things are expensive on Brazil. Is bad live on third world country. Sad

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
05-01-2013, 04:16 AM
Isn't it possible to order online like ebay or have a friend send it to you?
05-01-2013, 01:03 PM
Well the OUYA added support for nds4droid, all they made sure of is that there wasn't any risk of finding copyrighted material on the app. So I think it's pretty possible to get PPSSPP to be supported by one of these two, or both.

-Samsung galaxy S3 International version - Android 4.4.2
-Dual Core locked CPU, Clocked at 1Ghz-1.8Ghz
-Mali 400MP4 GPU Clocked from 160Mhz to 533Mhz
-1GB ram, boo..
05-01-2013, 01:27 PM
(05-01-2013 04:16 AM)livisor Wrote:  Isn't it possible to order online like ebay or have a friend send it to you?

Do not know anyone who lives in another country. And yet the import price would more expensive than buying here.
For that price or more expensive think more vantegem a smartphone. Even though the screen is not as big or not physical controls. I'll see to the end of the year caught a smartphone with Cortex A15, maybe a S4, or an Xperia Z

05-01-2013, 04:18 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2013 04:25 PM by Dwightyone.)
(05-01-2013 01:03 PM)kenny43 Wrote:  Well the OUYA added support for nds4droid, all they made sure of is that there wasn't any risk of finding copyrighted material on the app. So I think it's pretty possible to get PPSSPP to be supported by one of these two, or both.

I think I'm right in saying this, even though Ouya runs Android it will not have the Google Play store, so you can't use all your google store purchases apparently. Like I said, I'm not too sure.

If that is the case that's bad, but good for the Project Shield which runs a normal Jelly bean and Google Play, at least the Project Shield shouldn't have any problems with PPSSPP. Smile
05-01-2013, 05:27 PM
i think it will be easy. it's like the xbox 360 controller, if im do not wrong. exept of that, everything else will be difficult
05-02-2013, 05:40 AM
Im not too excited about this. Ill just wait until we get x86 tablets that can run even Pcsx2 smoothly. Yeah Im greedy. And patient.

Windows 7 x64: Intel Core i5 4570 @3.6 Ghz, ATI Radeon HD 7870
Android 4.4.2 (CM11): Samsung Galaxy S3 @ 4x1.6 Ghz CPU, 600Mhz GPU
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-02-2013, 08:29 AM
(05-01-2013 05:27 PM)ravid1323 Wrote:  i think it will be easy. it's like the xbox 360 controller, if im do not wrong. exept of that, everything else will be difficult

Yes, it reminds of the 360 controller. I'm just hoping it's not too heavy. I've read it's not that heavy, but I'll only know for sure once I've held it for myself. Smile
05-02-2013, 11:01 AM
I was interested in the project shield but the on thing that kills it for me is the terrible d-pad. It has the same d-pad as the xbox 360 controller which is essentially a third analog stick made to look like a d-pad. This is terrible for playing any kind of classic or platforming games.

The xperia plays specs might be a bit old now but it still emulates many consoles fine, its small, has great battery life and has a proper d-pad. I will be sticking with it for a while longer. Smile
05-03-2013, 08:01 AM
(05-02-2013 11:01 AM)BubblegumBalloon Wrote:  I was interested in the project shield but the on thing that kills it for me is the terrible d-pad. It has the same d-pad as the xbox 360 controller which is essentially a third analog stick made to look like a d-pad. This is terrible for playing any kind of classic or platforming games.

The xperia plays specs might be a bit old now but it still emulates many consoles fine, its small, has great battery life and has a proper d-pad. I will be sticking with it for a while longer. Smile

Oh yes, I have one, it's a great little device, but my biggest complaint is the lack of a micro HDMI socket.

I bought one of those higher capacity batteries for mine. What a difference, because the battery is thicker (it came with a new back cover) it makes it more comfortable and better to hold for gaming. Less handache. Smile