Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Castlevania dracula X ULKS46155
04-14-2013, 09:40 PM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2013 09:52 PM by Marcelo_20XX.)
RE: Castlevania dracula X
(04-14-2013 05:44 PM)Hiruko Wrote:  and I don't know if Buffered Rendering is needed now.

Its needed, otherwise you get wrong lighting

(04-13-2013 09:26 PM)Hiruko Wrote:  As of v0.7-639, the Now Loading screen of death is no more. I took both paths in Stage 1 and got through without a hitch.

It still hangs in rev v0.7.5-3-gd1dbace at the loading screen when you enter into Boss Rooms, what are your settings?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-14-2013, 10:16 PM
(04-14-2013 09:40 PM)Marcelo_20XX Wrote:  It still hangs in rev v0.7.5-3-gd1dbace at the loading screen when you enter into Boss Rooms, what are your settings?
Ok, so maybe Buffered Rendering still needs some tweaks since Stage 1 still has the double vision.

As for the hangs, I'm now using the exact build you mentioned now, with only Hardware Transform, Vertex Cache, and Ignore illegial reads/writes enabled. I still encounter the Now Loading hangs myself, though there now seems to be a 1/5 chance of it occurring based on my experiences so far, so keep trying to enter Boss Rooms and/or Quick Save.
04-14-2013, 10:56 PM
So far the only way to play this game is, as I wrote earlier, create a save game on JPCSP, then copy its content entirely to ppsspp and you can play it until you kill Shaft for the first time, before the clock tower. It still hangs at that point, but with a different message this time if you enable the log console.
04-15-2013, 12:00 AM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2013 11:51 PM by Hiruko.)
(04-14-2013 10:56 PM)Marcelo_20XX Wrote:  So far the only way to play this game is, as I wrote earlier, create a save game on JPCSP, then copy its content entirely to ppsspp and you can play it until you kill Shaft for the first time, before the clock tower. It still hangs at that point, but with a different message this time if you enable the log console.

Odd that I never had to do that first step. Side note: There's a definite hang when trying to load Symphony of The Night once unlocked, as well as selecting boss rush. I haven't gotten to Shaft yet.

I just beat Shaft with Maria and it did hang on the loading screen. Also, Boss demos are desynched, which can lead to so funny moments.
04-19-2013, 04:13 PM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2013 04:17 PM by elric300.)
Hello,

My first time here as I just discovered this program. I downloaded v0.7.5-157 and that is what I'm using.

So..I loaded the game, plays smooth at 60 FPS,even with anti aliasing,and I did notice the buffered rendering glitch.

But...there also isn't any music, a few sound effects cut out here and there, the cutscene with Maria and Shaft in the alley has no sound and freezes until I choose to skip it, and it freezes at the loading screen after I defeat the first two giants.

Is all of this normal, or should I adjust my settings somewhere?

EDIT: I did disable Media player to avoid loading the opening scene as suggested above. Too bad that has to be done.
04-19-2013, 04:17 PM
All of this is normal for now, things will get better.
04-19-2013, 04:28 PM
Ah..and good to hear Smile.

Patience...patience is a virtue...
04-19-2013, 10:20 PM
(04-19-2013 04:28 PM)elric300 Wrote:  Ah..and good to hear Smile.

I'm not sure why the boss loading screen does that, but try taking the path to the alternate boss. Either way, you should be able to make it to the boss.

Just out of curiosity, has the hanging persisted for anyone else using 0.7.5 builds? So far, it's been increasingly rare, with the exception of beating Stage 6, loading boss rush (might have to do with how wi-fi is integrated in that mode), and loading Rondo of Blood and SotN.
04-19-2013, 11:08 PM
(04-19-2013 10:20 PM)Hiruko Wrote:  
(04-19-2013 04:28 PM)elric300 Wrote:  Ah..and good to hear Smile.

I'm not sure why the boss loading screen does that, but try taking the path to the alternate boss. Either way, you should be able to make it to the boss.

Just out of curiosity, has the hanging persisted for anyone else using 0.7.5 builds? So far, it's been increasingly rare, with the exception of beating Stage 6, loading boss rush (might have to do with how wi-fi is integrated in that mode), and loading Rondo of Blood and SotN.

Didn't see an alternate path. This was not long after the two giants. Hmmm. Maybe removing the buffer option would reveal it?

Has anyone encountered that not working cut scene issue? I felt like I lost some story there and honestly, lost some interest until I found a fix.

I'm playing on an AMD dual core and GeForce 650, if that's of any use.
04-20-2013, 02:07 AM
(04-19-2013 11:08 PM)elric300 Wrote:  Didn't see an alternate path. This was not long after the two giants. Hmmm. Maybe removing the buffer option would reveal it?

In the room before the long stretch with the giants, hit the left ledge past the water pit to reveal a heart. Jump to where it was exposed, then attack the far left wall.
04-27-2013, 01:40 AM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2013 02:51 AM by autofire.)
RE: Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles
Latest version of PPSSPP just gives black screen after the Konami logo.

EDIT: Disregard the above; turns out the game needs the "Use Media Engine" setting to be disabled.

FURTHER EDIT: The game hangs at loading screens.
04-27-2013, 01:00 PM
RE: Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles
(04-27-2013 01:40 AM)autofire Wrote:  Latest version of PPSSPP just gives black screen after the Konami logo.

EDIT: Disregard the above; turns out the game needs the "Use Media Engine" setting to be disabled.

FURTHER EDIT: The game hangs at loading screens.

Not quite. Try using the alt path in stage 1, or just keep trying the regular path. The game will still hang after beating Shaft 1 though.

Mods: Merge the thread with this:
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=846
04-27-2013, 01:13 PM
Merged
04-27-2013, 01:36 PM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2013 01:40 PM by jacky400.)
I tested with latest build , we don't need to disable media engine , press start when you see the Komani log but not after it , then should get you to title screen

[raven02]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-27-2013, 02:22 PM
It's been like that for a while now. It's just simpler to turn off Media Engine if it somehow doesn't work.