Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.25 Average
The 3rd Birthday
04-12-2013, 12:28 AM
RE: The 3rd Birthday
(04-11-2013 11:23 PM)nightmesh Wrote:  I've upload the save. Its right before your first twisted chase. I usaully freeze up right after making past him and into the next hallway. I do believe this is in chapter 2.

Never mind what I said before.. The game has started to crash a lot lately like on Dissidia 012, although it wasn't like this before :l Sigh, no idea of what's wrong

-Samsung galaxy S3 International version - Android 4.4.2
-Dual Core locked CPU, Clocked at 1Ghz-1.8Ghz
-Mali 400MP4 GPU Clocked from 160Mhz to 533Mhz
-1GB ram, boo..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2013, 12:37 AM
Which revision / git build did it start crashing in?

-[Unknown]
04-12-2013, 12:57 AM
588? Sorry if that's not enough info. I just titled my folder "PPSSPP 588" and didn't type the other stuff.
04-12-2013, 12:59 AM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2013 01:23 AM by kenny43.)
(04-12-2013 12:37 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Which revision / git build did it start crashing in?

-[Unknown]

I'm not so sure about this, I have noticed that on the most stable build for this game, the 537 one? It would also crash but it was VERY rare, I just tried it now to see if it was the game crashing at some points but it does work well on that build (so far at least) but on the latest builds.. It has been crashing more and more often, I'll try to find from where did it start crashing as I dont really know since which one has it been specifically.

I'll do some more testing with 537 to make sure then I'll start testing from 560 and up, maybe less if that one already crashes often.

@nightmesh, think you can help me? Try the build 537 to see if it also crashes where you say it has been crashing constantly, tell us how it goes, I'm not that far and I don't want to spoil my game play XD so I'll keep testing on the episode two where it has been crashing for me.

Edit: Been playing for almost an hour with the build 537, not a single crash.. Although @unkown I noticed that weird graphics were already present, but only on the big monsters and they don't happen often unlike on the bug introduced, but not on the character. I'll start then testing other builds.

-1GB ram, boo..
04-12-2013, 01:13 AM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2013 01:14 AM by brujo55.)
(04-12-2013 12:37 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Which revision / git build did it start crashing in?

-[Unknown]

were is the rute for emulator ini files on android?
04-12-2013, 01:15 AM
(04-12-2013 01:13 AM)brujo55 Wrote:  

-[Unknown]

It's inside the apk, so unless you unpack the apk, you can't access it, at least I think so.

-1GB ram, boo..
04-12-2013, 01:24 AM
No problem. I'll have to do it later though since I use my sisters laptop for this since mine doesn't work with ppsspp.
04-12-2013, 01:25 AM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2013 01:26 AM by kenny43.)
(04-12-2013 01:24 AM)nightmesh Wrote:  No problem. I'll have to do it later though since I use my sisters laptop for this since mine doesn't work with ppsspp.

Good, that's okay, why doesn't it work by the way? Is it the Intel GPU problem? If so, I just made mine work on this past days, I could tell you what did I do.

-1GB ram, boo..
04-12-2013, 01:42 AM
(04-12-2013 01:15 AM)kenny43 Wrote:  
(04-12-2013 01:13 AM)brujo55 Wrote:  

-[Unknown]

It's inside the apk, so unless you unpack the apk, you can't access it, at least I think so.

ok.thx

on ios is more easy.
04-12-2013, 02:09 AM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2013 02:28 AM by kenny43.)
(04-12-2013 12:59 AM)kenny43 Wrote:  

-[Unknown]

I'm not so sure about this, I have noticed that on the most stable build for this game, the 537 one? It would also crash but it was VERY rare, I just tried it now to see if it was the game crashing at some points but it does work well on that build (so far at least) but on the latest builds.. It has been crashing more and more often, I'll try to find from where did it start crashing as I dont really know since which one has it been specifically.

I'll do some more testing with 537 to make sure then I'll start testing from 560 and up, maybe less if that one already crashes often.

@nightmesh, think you can help me? Try the build 537 to see if it also crashes where you say it has been crashing constantly, tell us how it goes, I'm not that far and I don't want to spoil my game play XD so I'll keep testing on the episode two where it has been crashing for me.

Edit: Been playing for almost an hour with the build 537, not a single crash.. Although @unkown I noticed that weird graphics were already present, but only on the big monsters and they don't happen often unlike on the bug introduced, but not on the character. I'll start then testing other builds.

Sigh, this went even faster than I thought, every single build aviable for android after the 537 crashes, as soon as I go on start, and press on the "ascent" option, when characters come back to screen it will crash after a second or two, tried with 537 and it didn't happen.. I'll try on pc, and if the same happens I'll try posting a log from there.

Edit: Back with the log, taken from PC, build 612, crash happens when pressing start and selecting the "ascent" option to return back to the CTI headquarters, here's the log.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yyg8fyown1xk0d...ascent.log
or if you preffer pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/WzhNUVH4

-1GB ram, boo..
04-12-2013, 03:47 AM
(04-12-2013 01:25 AM)kenny43 Wrote:  
(04-12-2013 01:24 AM)nightmesh Wrote:  No problem. I'll have to do it later though since I use my sisters laptop for this since mine doesn't work with ppsspp.

Good, that's okay, why doesn't it work by the way? Is it the Intel GPU problem? If so, I just made mine work on this past days, I could tell you what did I do.
Oh, its a very old laptop that has some kind of nvidia card. I believe it doesn't have the opengl require to use ppsspp.
04-12-2013, 04:14 AM
I guess that was v0.7-537-g57dabfb (not v0.7-537-ga8e8b09)? Hmm. I guess I'll have to get into the game farther...

-[Unknown]
04-12-2013, 09:42 AM
(04-12-2013 04:14 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  I guess that was v0.7-537-g57dabfb (not v0.7-537-ga8e8b09)? Hmm. I guess I'll have to get into the game farther...

-[Unknown]

Yeah, v0.7-537-g57dabfb is the one I used where everything works fine.
It's not v0.7-537-ga8e8b09, as it's not even aviable to download for android so I couldn't test it out.

-1GB ram, boo..
04-15-2013, 09:06 PM
Big Grin I just signed up, specifically to say that the latest android build works perfectly. I am using ppsspp v0.7.5 latest nightly build on my Sony S tablet (running android ICS)and the HUD is now viewable! which means that even though the sound is still bad (it's getting there though, I'm sure I can hear a few new layers of audio, even if it's crackly). which doesn't matter too much as like many handheld games most in-game dialogue is text based, so all I had to do then was youtube the cutscenes lol and save them as mp4's. Though admittedly switching back and forth between the video player and ppsspp can crash either, it's a functional workaround for the time being.

I'm averaging around 20-25fps with buffered rendering off (higher with it on, but it doesn't look as good), also most settings disabled aside from:

Hardware transform on

Jit dynarec on

Fastmem on

And vertex cache on

As mentioned above it runs around 20-25fps on my Sony S, which is playable, and I really don't want to sacrifice the HD quality it's outputting so i'll live with the slow down, either that or I'll just have to remove some weightier apps and files from my tablet to hopefully speed things up.

P.S thanks to everyone who worked on this, the list of compatible games is increasing by the day and this is by far the slickest, most polished and user friendly emulator I have ever used. Thanks alot.
04-16-2013, 03:40 AM
(04-15-2013 09:06 PM)Damin Wrote:  Big Grin I just signed up, specifically to say that the latest android build works perfectly. I am using ppsspp v0.7.5 latest nightly build on my Sony S tablet (running android ICS)and the HUD is now viewable! which means that even though the sound is still bad (it's getting there though, I'm sure I can hear a few new layers of audio, even if it's crackly). which doesn't matter too much as like many handheld games most in-game dialogue is text based, so all I had to do then was youtube the cutscenes lol and save them as mp4's. Though admittedly switching back and forth between the video player and ppsspp can crash either, it's a functional workaround for the time being.

I'm averaging around 20-25fps with buffered rendering off (higher with it on, but it doesn't look as good), also most settings disabled aside from:

Hardware transform on

Jit dynarec on

Fastmem on

And vertex cache on

As mentioned above it runs around 20-25fps on my Sony S, which is playable, and I really don't want to sacrifice the HD quality it's outputting so i'll live with the slow down, either that or I'll just have to remove some weightier apps and files from my tablet to hopefully speed things up.

P.S thanks to everyone who worked on this, the list of compatible games is increasing by the day and this is by far the slickest, most polished and user friendly emulator I have ever used. Thanks alot.

Removing apps and files will only free up memory on your phone. That's not gonna improve the gameplay quality.