Thread Rating:
  • 10 Votes - 3.9 Average
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
07-20-2019, 11:40 PM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2019 11:44 PM by jack324.)
RE: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Hello folks, I'm having a problem loading mission 04 specifically. PPSSPP crashes right after the opening cut scene on the white loading screen. I believe it has something to do with a file not being loaded out of the installed files on the "memory card". I have reinstalled the installation files but still no luck.

Upon looking at my own screenshot, it appears the game is trying to load an atrac audio file/stream and failing due to the first byte in the stream/file not being valid.

If I turn off fast memory, the game stops crashing but hangs in the white loading screen with this as the final line in the debug screen:
E[HLE]: hle\sceopenpsid.cpp:25 UNTESTED sceOpenPSIDGetOpenPSID(167508064)

If I leave fast memory on I get the following just before it crashes: (see attachment)

Does anyone have a clue whats going on here?

(Yes I have used cheats on this save.)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-29-2019, 04:04 PM
Hello folks, I only just recently started using PPSSPP to play Peace Walker and so far it was working amazingly. WAS. Then i got to mission Armored Vehicle Battle: LAV-Type G and for some reason the vehicle's physics got all weird and it started speeding up and slowing down at random intervals, and floating up. Now normally this wouldn't be a problem, I'm used to buggy games, as long it's not game breaking. But unfortunately this is. You see when I take out the guards more come out, but since the vehicle deploys guards when it's stopped and when it's stopped it floats the guards sink into the ground, making it so you can't take them out and making the mission uncompletable stealthy. If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know.

Thank you for your time.
07-29-2019, 04:28 PM
Hello, for some reason in the mission Armored Vehicle Battle: LAV-Type G vehicle is buggy. It speeds up and slows down randomly. But real problem is that when it stops it floats up, and when I take out some soldiers it deploys more but since the vehicle is floating up when they jump out they sink in the ground and since I need to take them out to complete the mission I can't finish it stealthy. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you for reading.
07-29-2019, 04:31 PM
;k;k;k;k;k;
08-09-2019, 10:22 PM
how do you disable 2x speed cheat im using ppsspo
08-09-2019, 10:25 PM
how to disable all cheats in metal gear solid peace walker im using ppsspp
09-18-2019, 07:28 AM
(07-29-2019 04:28 PM)JohnNobodyPrice Wrote:  Hello, for some reason in the mission Armored Vehicle Battle: LAV-Type G vehicle is buggy. It speeds up and slows down randomly. But real problem is that when it stops it floats up, and when I take out some soldiers it deploys more but since the vehicle is floating up when they jump out they sink in the ground and since I need to take them out to complete the mission I can't finish it stealthy. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you for reading.

I'm having the exact same issue.

It looks like this.
[Image: hkW43go.png]

For missions with a tank like in the image it's just ugly but not a problem for progression. But like the guy I'm quoting says this becomes a problem with armoured vechicles. When people spawn out of a vehicle doing this they sink underground and the mission becomes impossible to complete in stealth. I'm afraid I really do need to use this emulator to get past these missions, because when I try it on my PSP I inevitably gently caress up in some way or another and it takes far too long to try again and again.
09-18-2019, 12:21 PM (This post was last modified: 09-18-2019 12:25 PM by LunaMoo.)
Can't reproduce anything like that, maybe you guys are using some dangerous options like changing emulated PSP CPU clock or something, could also be caused by some cheats, either way that and similar missions still works perfectly fine for me in latest version and I finished whole game long ago.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
09-18-2019, 05:16 PM
(09-18-2019 12:21 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  Can't reproduce anything like that, maybe you guys are using some dangerous options like changing emulated PSP CPU clock or something, could also be caused by some cheats, either way that and similar missions still works perfectly fine for me in latest version and I finished whole game long ago.

No cheats. But I did have higher CPU clock activated. Tried to disable it with no change. But maybe I needed to restart the entire emulator for it to work properly. I'll try that later when I get back to the computer.

Either way I found a really stupid work around. Using fulton mines and fulton rockets right as they exited the vehicle worked. More often than not Id only manage to catch the first three, but the last guy would never sink into the ground, I think because he spawns way back and isn't pushed by the others.
03-21-2020, 11:57 PM
How can i get the axe,doritos,etc content on ppsspp??
07-22-2020, 11:31 AM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2020 11:36 AM by rubejb.)
The right analog stick cheat works great! Thank you!

However, I'm one of those weird folks who always uses inverted aiming (I blame 90's flight sim games). Is there a way to invert the over-the-shoulder aim with the code?

I tried the in-game inverted option, but it only changes the free camera, not the aiming one.

Thank you!

edit:

Ugh, nevermind. This is one of those cases where I figured it out IMMEDIATELY after I posted my question.

So for others who want inverted aim... in the controller mapping, just set the "Right analog up" to the controller's down position and "Right analog down" to the up position. Then change the in-game normal camera to not-inverted and it'll be inverted because you made it so in the controller options. Works great.

Thank you again LunaMoo, this is the 2nd game you've helped me play better or at all! You fix for THUG2 made it not crash a couple of years ago. Smile
08-27-2020, 06:46 PM
Hi!

I started playing PW today and while the performance is perfect (I'm running it at 60fps with a cheat), the audio is very poppy/crackly. How do I fix it? I've searched all over the internet and people keep suggesting me to change audio settings, but I think older PPSSPP probably had more settings than now for some reason since I can't really change latency anywhere or anything. I've tried both WASAPI and DSound, but both are roughly the same.

It's also not a performance issue since the game itself runs buttery smooth. I also doubt it's the 60fps cheat, as there were no problems with it on the thread where I got it from, and I didn't have this problem with Portable Ops either (also used a 60fps cheat there).
10-09-2020, 01:40 PM
Is anyone else having issues over scopes/analyser crashing the emulator?
10-13-2020, 09:03 AM
Hello how can i install dlcs on android
I have found the dlc files on a reddit post but i got no idea on how to install them
06-26-2021, 02:12 PM
I asked this in the 60fps discussion but I will ask here too, there is any way to fix the rate of fire and recoil in 60fps v4? Or there is a v5? It makes the game very unpleasant for me, but I really want to play in 60 fps