Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help to change name of games
09-09-2017, 06:58 PM
Help to change name of games
Hello, everyone!. Thank you for reading my post. I know that this is possible, but if you do not think it is, please refrain yourself from answering. Also, please avoid comments such as "google it!", which people who do not want to help commonly write. I have researched the subject for hours, including here at the forums, but have not found something understandable (I apologize because the answer could be in the forums, but I could not find it). Sadly, some poeple want to outstand doing stupid things, such as renaming a game as "My name is ..., and I am the greatest in the world" or "game uploaded by ..." (who cares about that?). I have a few games to rename, and even when I have already renamed the file names in Windows (I am using PPSSPP 1.4.2 with Windows 7 and 8.1, both with 64 bits), the stupid names still show on PPSSPP after I load the emulator (on the blue screen that has the name of the games with a picture). I have found some programs for renaming ".iso" files, such as "PSPISORenamer", but I do not know if that is waht I need, and they do not have clear instructions for using them. So, I need to change the name of the games from something stupid and annoying such as "game uploaded by ..." to the real names such as "Final Fantasy 1" or "Valkyrie Profile Lenneth" (also change some names from Japanese to English, or at least from Japanese to Latin characters). I have to do that for ".iso" and ".cso" files. Thank you very much for all your help and useful comments.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2017, 08:02 PM
RE: Help to change name of games
You will need to use a program to extract the param.sfo file. An editor to make changes to this file and a program to rebuild or insert the edited param.sfo file back into the umd iso.

Changing the name of the iso will do nothing because PPSSPP gets names for game the same way the psp firmware does by reading the param.sfo file.

I give no guarantees that messing around with this file will not break things when trying to run the image in PPSSPP or on a physical PSP, but this is what you would have to do to accomplish what you want.
09-09-2017, 09:45 PM
Thank you for your prompt answer. I have a better idea about what I have to do, but that is still not enough, as I do not understand how to do that. I have researched for more hours now, and have installed "PSPISORenamer" and "PS3Tools", but have no idea about how to use them (or if any of those programs is what I need), they have no instructions, and I have not found anything online, other than doing it for Play Station 3 and/or 4, it seems that noone is interested in Play Station Portable. Could someone be so kind and help me with changing the names of games, as it is so frustrating to see those stupid names, and it is also hard to find the right game because many have wrong or ununderstandable names?.
09-10-2017, 07:24 AM
(09-09-2017 09:45 PM)hhisc29926 Wrote:  Thank you for your prompt answer. I have a better idea about what I have to do, but that is still not enough, as I do not understand how to do that. I have researched for more hours now, and have installed "PSPISORenamer" and "PS3Tools", but have no idea about how to use them (or if any of those programs is what I need), they have no instructions, and I have not found anything online, other than doing it for Play Station 3 and/or 4, it seems that noone is interested in Play Station Portable. Could someone be so kind and help me with changing the names of games, as it is so frustrating to see those stupid names, and it is also hard to find the right game because many have wrong or ununderstandable names?.

there is big difference between help and doing something for you
and its not like ppl who type "google it" dont want to help contrary in fact they do
they just know answer can be easily found on google and they dont want to repeat something that was already solved

there is program called UMDGen which lets you extract and again create ISO but also i see there a section which displays title and as you can see above that section is name and location of file which holds that data which is PSP_GAME/PARAM.SFO

this is what i know and what i just checked
never before until that moment i didnt know about that section or that umdgen view it

but i did take the trouble to google "how to rename psp iso title" and that is 2nd link i found on google http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8561
u care to check 4th RE: post

i dont want to insult u since i dont know you and i dont have anything against you
but let me clear 1 thing here

it took me like 10 secs to google what u needed (1st link on google results didnt work but 2nd hand the answers to your question) so either you are retarded or lazy or both at best
i assume you seen many times reply like "google it" seems u didnt bother to even try

and thats why ppl dont want to waist their time on ppl like you since they need to sacrifice their time for lazy retarded ppl who dont want to do their $#it and just looking for ppl who will do the job for them

i hope that answers more questions than u had
have fun renaming Wink

ow btw before you come back here telling u dont know how to decompile/recompile iso/cso believe it or not tons of tutorials are in GOOGLE and YOUTUBE
pretty much im sure there is as much of how to edit .SFO files

so now only thing which prevents you from renaming iso title is your determination or being retarded/lazy
whatever i wish u good luck cause looks like u will need it anyway

here is screenshot of umdgen displaying title of iso i found when i was starting this post

[Image: M3vPOeE.png]

Try AntiMicro graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad/controller.
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=12513
or http://www.x360ce.com