Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[Tutorial] Online multiplayer with openvpn [Multiplatform]
09-17-2016, 02:29 AM
RE: [Tutorial] Online multiplayer with openvpn [Multiplatform]
@gocaching its a bug on ppsspp. Use 1.2.1 build or dev build of ppsspp

Experimenting with adhoc over internet system through Amultios custom ppsspp fork, find me in game

Monster Hunter Freedom : Lucis
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite : Lucis
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd: Lucis
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-26-2016, 07:21 PM
upon trying to connect on OpenVPN Gui it says

---------------------------
OpenVPN GUI
Connecting to pro-online-v2 has failed.
how can i fix this?? the last sentence on the box says about tap virtual ethernet adapter etc,, plsss help i really wanted to play this using my laptop..
Im suing windows 10
i have folled all ins on the tutorial

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

09-27-2016, 03:58 AM
(09-26-2016 07:21 PM)ShIvMaLeRp Wrote:  upon trying to connect on OpenVPN Gui it says

OpenVPN GUI
Connecting to pro-online-v2 has failed.
how can i fix this?? the last sentence on the box says about tap virtual ethernet adapter etc,, plsss help i really wanted to play this using my laptop..
Im suing windows 10
i have folled all ins on the tutorial

Reinstall openvpn

Experimenting with adhoc over internet system through Amultios custom ppsspp fork, find me in game

09-29-2016, 10:29 PM
First of all, I'd like to say thanks for this! Now on with my question. Any idea why I can host quest on MHP3rd and no one breaks off, but when I try to join someone in their quest I always break off? I'm running the emulator and game on my Nvidia Shield Tablet K1 and I always am at max FPS so that's not the issue I'm sure.
09-30-2016, 01:51 AM
(09-29-2016 10:29 PM)KentuckyBass Wrote:  First of all, I'd like to say thanks for this! Now on with my question. Any idea why I can host quest on MHP3rd and no one breaks off, but when I try to join someone in their quest I always break off? I'm running the emulator and game on my Nvidia Shield Tablet K1 and I always am at max FPS so that's not the issue I'm sure.

Check my latest video on android. And follow that setting also use the v3 of ppsspp no cheat build. The important part is set the alternative speed to 5%

09-30-2016, 03:27 AM
Adhenovan, is there a way to install both your modified apk, and official?

I will play multiplayer MHU, MHP3rd, Patapon 3, Final Fantasy Type-0, any racing, maybe MGS peace walker.
Feel free to write
discord - lutiel#2541
Tunngle(RIP) - Lutiel

patapon 3 discord server - https://discord.gg/qD3dRyy

monster hunter discord server - https://discord.gg/invite/YuE42eh
09-30-2016, 11:12 PM
Try app cloner on playstore.

10-01-2016, 03:09 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2016 03:41 AM by KentuckyBass.)
So I attempted what I saw in the video with the no cheat v3 build by setting my alt speed to 5% but it makes the game go from 30fps(max) to 2 fps and causes the quest to take a unbelievably long time to load. I'm curious as to how it worked for you in the video? I don't see what I'm missing. I have frame-skip turned off if that means anything because like I said, my device runs the game at top speed at all times so I have no need for it.
10-01-2016, 03:21 AM
(10-01-2016 03:09 AM)KentuckyBass Wrote:  So I attempted what I saw in the video with the no cheat v3 build by setting my alt speed to 5% but it makes the game go from 30fps(max) to 2 fps and causes the quote to take a unbelievably long time to load. I'm curious as to how it worked for you in the video? I don't see what I'm missing. I have framework turned off if that means anything because like I said, my device runs the game at top speed at all time so I have no need for it.

its worked on the android video tutorial when departed from quest. its a fps drop about 60ms (very fast almost not noticeable) to prevent game spamming the PTP connect that make you broke after preparing. if the auto speed toogle not working a firewall or something is blocking your connection to the peer list or someone not set the setting properly. Android and linux only have this bug so we make this alternative to easily play with android from windows build. its will toogle the speed back after 10 times failed connect attempt to peer. you can try with me to see how its work kentucky , where you come from on asia or another continent?

10-01-2016, 03:46 AM
I'm from North America, United States specifically. I'm up to tryna trouble shoot what may be they cause since you have offered to help Smile(Thank you sir!) I believe most likely it's port blocking by my ISP because my service provider seems to be the type to restrict alot of ports from us. I'm going to disable my router firewall when attempting this. Are you free to help right now?
10-01-2016, 03:59 AM
wow North America. i am free right now so i can help to troubleshoot your problem. what game mhfu or mhp3rd? i am trying to guess the issues but its looks like a blocked packet on isp or high latency issues. can you ping the server? use terminal emulator from playstore connect to openvpn and ping 172.16.0.1

10-01-2016, 04:12 AM
I'm averaging 250 to 350ms. Latency never crossed my mind but now that you mention it... LOL. I'm playing MHP3rd.
10-01-2016, 04:21 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2016 04:22 AM by Adhenovan.)
its high brother ok then i will waiting at gh24 set alt speed to 5% then uncheck fast memory and all hack setting on graphic. let the auto speed toogle do the job. i will take the quest first to force android using auto speed toogle because i am using pc. and the second test you will take the quest. this adhoc emulation really need a very low ping around 1-150ms to work well. so you're really need US server Big Grin , if i have some money to spend i will open it soon. but the main problem is find the player on the US server Big Grin . you can track me on server by following this link http://128.199.204.130/#/status . my nickname and ign is Lucis

10-01-2016, 04:31 AM
Sorry that first time I took the quest from you so had my alt speed at 100%, we may need to retry that. 100% alt speed will work if I host as I have done it but like you said latency is most like my problem. As for the US server I wouldn't want you to start a server just because I need one Sad I would want contribute if you did but as of now I'm in a financial bind. I will continue to host quest as that's good enough for me. I appreciate all the help though! I'll repeat do not make a US server just for my sake!
10-01-2016, 04:38 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2016 04:41 AM by Adhenovan.)
ah ok we need to repeat that. its not isp problem its a latency problem . make sure alt speed is 5% its needed so badly until i figure it out how to code it properly. ppsspp source is big i need time to understand all of it specially on networking part