Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
DS3 suddenly stopped working (PC)
12-24-2015, 07:31 PM (This post was last modified: 12-24-2015 07:41 PM by Necrox.)
DS3 suddenly stopped working (PC)
I take my DS3 along for vacation and it works fine. I get back to the house and I get the infamous blinking lights. I thought it might have been the PS3 messing with the controller, but the problem persisted after I unplugged the PS3. I tried the reset button, hooked it up via USB, then the same with wireless use. I tried another controller and had the same problems. I then charged both controllers overnight and tried the exact same things to no avail. Is there anything more I can do?

BTW they work fine with the PS3.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-24-2015, 09:02 PM
RE: DS3 suddenly stopped working (PC)
(12-24-2015 07:31 PM)Necrox Wrote:  I take my DS3 along for vacation and it works fine. I get back to the house and I get the infamous blinking lights. I thought it might have been the PS3 messing with the controller, but the problem persisted after I unplugged the PS3. I tried the reset button, hooked it up via USB, then the same with wireless use. I tried another controller and had the same problems. I then charged both controllers overnight and tried the exact same things to no avail. Is there anything more I can do?

BTW they work fine with the PS3.

could be a driver issue.
12-24-2015, 10:04 PM
(12-24-2015 09:02 PM)HXDastardly32 Wrote:  could be a driver issue.

How can I fix it?
12-24-2015, 10:17 PM
(12-24-2015 10:04 PM)Necrox Wrote:  
(12-24-2015 09:02 PM)HXDastardly32 Wrote:  could be a driver issue.

How can I fix it?

i think in device manager you would have to uninstall it. but another tool that can make it work again is MotionInJoy.
12-25-2015, 04:10 AM
(12-24-2015 10:17 PM)HXDastardly32 Wrote:  i think in device manager you would have to uninstall it. but another tool that can make it work again is MotionInJoy.
I've tried MIJ; what would be an alternative?

So I uninstalled/installed the driver again. Still not working. I don't know where it went before, but the device is under the unspecified category (Win 8.1 if relevant) without much way of doing anything. Troubleshoot doesn't bring anything up.
12-25-2015, 03:57 PM (This post was last modified: 12-25-2015 04:11 PM by ChicagoBowls.)
Your controller works on your ps3, so you can rule out a controller hardware issue. Change ports on your usb cable and also try your usb cable with other things. if it works with other things. It's either an interference with another bluetooth device or a software issue.
(Software)Have you really uninstalled DS3, sometimes setting files stay on your comp regardless if you installed(Find those files). 2nd, if you found those files and deleted them and this still doesn't work. I'm hoping you have a system restore point before you installed DS3. then go from there and install DS3. If you done these things, check on emu-reddit. they are pretty good with the stuff i haven't covered. GL
https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comme...ter_using/
12-29-2015, 06:14 PM
I use DS3Tool too, and sometimes my controller get disconected, I have to plug it again. Sometimes I get blue screen when try to reconnect. I guess it's a problem with the drivers of DS3Tool, because I reinstalled several times and still didn't solve.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro