Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Final Fantasy IV : The complete collection
09-27-2015, 04:10 PM
RE: Final Fantasy IV : The complete collection
(09-27-2015 02:14 PM)UltimateFanBoy Wrote:  Hello, new to PPSSPP and emulation in general (I've used VBA-M, ZSNES, &SNES9x, but not all the time). I decided to try a game I've always disliked again: FF4.

But for some reason, there are some terrible graphical glitches that take me out of it:
  • Cuts back to airship scene when a battle starts
  • Overworld graphics breaking
I was going to post a video, but I'm not able to.

What device is this on? You can post links without http:// etc., it's an anti-spam feature unfortunately for new users.

You're running with default, or customized settings? Try with default.

-[Unknown]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-27-2015, 07:46 PM
(09-27-2015 04:10 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  
(09-27-2015 02:14 PM)UltimateFanBoy Wrote:  Hello, new to PPSSPP and emulation in general (I've used VBA-M, ZSNES, &SNES9x, but not all the time). I decided to try a game I've always disliked again: FF4.

But for some reason, there are some terrible graphical glitches that take me out of it:
  • Cuts back to airship scene when a battle starts
  • Overworld graphics breaking
I was going to post a video, but I'm not able to.

What device is this on? You can post links without http:// etc., it's an anti-spam feature unfortunately for new users.

You're running with default, or customized settings? Try with default.

-[Unknown]
A PC, it runs Windows 10. I've had this problem with the default options, so tried changing them. I fixed the second problem, but not the first. It seems to switch to random places.
09-27-2015, 09:22 PM
And you're not using any cheats right? Might try verifying your ISO hash or just re-ripping from your disc.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by either issue. If I understand right, whenever a battle would start, you are being randomly warped to a different location, and are not able to complete the battle. That sounds like the work of a cheat or damaged ISO to me.

-[Unknown]
09-27-2015, 09:29 PM
(09-27-2015 09:22 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  And you're not using any cheats right? Might try verifying your ISO hash or just re-ripping from your disc.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by either issue. If I understand right, whenever a battle would start, you are being randomly warped to a different location, and are not able to complete the battle. That sounds like the work of a cheat or damaged ISO to me.

-[Unknown]
Oh no, it still goes to the battle, it's just that when it does that swirl/zoom/glass break thing, it showed a still image of the airship scene. It changed now, even to a screen with nothing on it when it happens. The game is still very playable atm.
10-14-2015, 10:42 PM
So, now that version 1.1.1 is out, can anyone confirm if all the games are playable from start to finish?
10-29-2015, 10:46 PM
Hi. Trying to play this on a Google Nexus 7 2013 tablet (android) and it runs fairly poorly, especially the audio. Video-wise it can come to a crawl with certain effects during boss battles. Are there any settings that will make it run fairly adequately with this device without sacrificing too much visual quality? Thanks. Using the latest build from Google Play store.
11-06-2015, 10:22 AM
I can at least confirm that the original FFIV is playable from start to finish. I remember seeing some minor graphical problems but I don't know if it's because my laptop is crap so all my options are usually at lowest. Kinda burned out though so I don't think I'll try the other two anytime soon.
11-23-2015, 12:01 AM (This post was last modified: 11-23-2015 12:01 AM by Erazer.)
youtube.com/watch?v=qM7ez5wKG-4

Graphical Glitches on FF4, Even on default settings, changed everything I can, Used both Stable and unstable builds.
11-23-2015, 03:18 AM
Turn off vertex cache, iirc.

-[Unknown]
11-23-2015, 03:30 AM (This post was last modified: 11-23-2015 03:44 AM by Erazer.)
(11-23-2015 03:18 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Turn off vertex cache, iirc.

-[Unknown]

I want to hug you right now, Thanks so much.
11-23-2015, 06:29 AM (This post was last modified: 11-23-2015 07:35 AM by vnctdj.)
[Censored]

Edit by vnctdj : Please stop advertising.

My favorite thing is playing emulator games(GB games) on my jxd s7800b. Are you keen on retro games?
11-24-2015, 11:47 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2015 11:57 PM by Erazer.)
Hey the game crashes when the mist dragon goes into dragon form, Any fix?

Edit: Seems to be fixed when I turn Spline/Bezier curves to Medium from High
11-26-2015, 04:34 AM
I don't know if this was mentioned already but there are flickering lines on the overworld once you walk around for a bit. Sometimes a green outline surrounds the character on the overworld.
11-26-2015, 03:30 PM
It was, see here:
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...#pid112902

IIRC, the green outline is caused by the problem described here:
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=13556

But for a TL;DR, it's caused by the resolution being higher than 1x.

-[Unknown]
11-26-2015, 03:37 PM
Vertex cache worked, but you still see some off colored dots in the underworld. It's not too bad, not at all, but they are still there. I play this game at 1xpsp. The dots seem still there even with filtering off or to fmv only.