Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ePSXe Subpixel Precision in Update
05-26-2015, 08:01 PM (This post was last modified: 05-26-2015 08:12 PM by fivefeet8.)
ePSXe Subpixel Precision in Update
ePSXe on Android was updated with a new option to reduce the affect of a long standing issue with the limited precision math on the original Playstation hardware. It's striking the difference it makes in many games. It's also quite CPU intensive though, but it's my number one option to enable on on my Shield Tablet.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-27-2015, 04:48 AM
RE: ePSXe Subpixel Precision in Update
It's like the GTE Accuracy hack of gpuPeteOpenGL2Tweak (only for pcsxr).

With that and the next widescreen hack, ePSXe has reached PCSXr. But I wonder if these improvements are going to be implemented in the PC version.
05-27-2015, 05:04 AM
(05-27-2015 04:48 AM)Odioregistrarme Wrote:  With that and the next widescreen hack, ePSXe has reached PCSXr. But I wonder if these improvements are going to be implemented in the PC version.

The updated version of ePSXe includes a new widescreen option which works great for fully 3d games, but for 2d/3d games, it messes with the layout. PCSXr is also limited to the PC with the hacks in place. At least for the time being on Android, ePSXe is the only Playstation emulator with the GTE and Precision fixes.

I do wonder as well if they will be updating the PC version with these new additions, but they've been a bit behind with them recently.
08-17-2015, 03:01 PM
Hello, does anyone know any ps1 emulator for PC that has the Subpixel Precision feature avaliable?
08-17-2015, 03:17 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2015 03:18 PM by fivefeet8.)
(08-17-2015 03:01 PM)Bad Company Wrote:  Hello, does anyone know any ps1 emulator for PC that has the Subpixel Precision feature avaliable?

Only PCSX works with a plugin that has the hacks. For the moment anyways. ePSXe on PC will be updated soon with the pixel accuracy options.

http://ngemu.com/threads/peteopengl2twea...319/unread
08-17-2015, 03:35 PM
(08-17-2015 03:17 PM)fivefeet8 Wrote:  
(08-17-2015 03:01 PM)Bad Company Wrote:  Hello, does anyone know any ps1 emulator for PC that has the Subpixel Precision feature avaliable?

Only PCSX works with a plugin that has the hacks. For the moment anyways. ePSXe on PC will be updated soon with the pixel accuracy options.

http://ngemu.com/threads/peteopengl2twea...319/unread

Thank you very much sir. Smile