Thread Rating:
  • 21 Votes - 4.14 Average
Guide:- Maximizing the performance of PPSSPP on your Android/Windows device.
12-28-2014, 03:53 PM
RE: Guide:- Maximizing the performance of PPSSPP on your Android/Windows device.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS THREAD. I had enormous difficulties playing my 3 games Tactics Ogre, FFT, and Disgaea. BUT NOW THEY ALL WORK FANTASTICALLY (Well, some minor lag issues but NOTHING compared to the horror they were!!!!).

THIS IS THE BEST MOST USEFUL THREAD IN THIS FORUM PERIOD
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-30-2014, 01:52 PM
RE: Guide:- Maximizing the performance of PPSSPP on your Android/Windows device.
I have LG optimus black P970
Chipset TI OMAP 3630
CPU 1 GHz Cortex-A8
GPU PowerVR SGX530

I have the problem while running games they run so slow.
So anyone please provide suitable configuration for ppsspp
01-26-2015, 07:51 PM
Hello Smile my first post weee^^ I thought I'd share this piece of info with you guys:
I've been having a lot of problems getting my games to run at playable speed on my Galaxy S4. And I still am, for some games, buuut I stumbled across this app called DU Speed Booster... I don't know how it did it, but after I used it to boost my phone, I've been having REALLY good performance for many games! For example, before using this app, chains of olympus would run at 60% speed, while having 2 frames skip, and non buffered rendering. AFTER I used the boost I can now play it on 100% speed with no frameskip, but still no buffered rendering. However, I can use buffered rendering and frameskip 2, which gives me 100% speed as well Smile.
It's a free app so you don't have to pay anything, and I really think it does wonders. Maybe it will help you get higher performances on your devices Tongue
02-04-2015, 04:25 AM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2018 09:50 AM by dgdeepak000.)
I've found this post, https://techshali.com/best-setting-ppsspp/ it worked in fine for me! Feel free to try out this!
03-04-2015, 04:08 PM
Tactics Ogre faster with Shaders ON
While it seems counterintuitive, turning ON Postprocessing Shaders (Vignette) improves speed of Tactics Ogre on my device (Huawei X1 Honor Tablet, Mali-450 MP4 & Arm Cortex-A9) by 10 fps (a jump from 41 to 51 fps). That is a lot. It doesn't have the same effect on my Xperia Z3 Compact.
03-06-2015, 03:52 AM
Does this happen with any shader, or just that one? Does it happen regardless of the render resolution and display resolution (hw scaler) settings?

-[Unknown]
04-28-2015, 02:21 AM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2015 02:22 AM by helloguys.)
what setting that speed up games
i have 2gb please help

please give settings for tekken 6 Smile
04-28-2015, 11:25 AM
(04-28-2015 02:21 AM)helloguys Wrote:  what setting that speed up games
i have 2gb please help

please give settings for tekken 6 Smile

You have 2 GB of RAM??

Independently of Your game, using the basics will speed up it. If it don't then You must try by Yourself some of the hack options or even experimental options to speed it up.
08-08-2015, 11:29 PM
Just to mention. Some little speedup can be achieved by changing firmware to another one.

I Recently flashed CM 12.1 based on Android 5.1.1.
And for now cpu don't low it maximal frequency with time as it did usualy after ~20 minuits of ppsspp's gameplay.
08-09-2015, 02:43 AM
(08-08-2015 11:29 PM)Dukatti Wrote:  Just to mention. Some little speedup can be achieved by changing firmware to another one.

I Recently flashed CM 12.1 based on Android 5.1.1.
And for now cpu don't low it maximal frequency with time as it did usualy after ~20 minuits of ppsspp's gameplay.

This is not good to Your device......You are risking the device and Yourself with high heat.

It is better spend some money on a better device them risk Your health and money with this one.
08-09-2015, 06:04 PM
the overclock up to more than chipset can support would be risky, but default frequency with any rom even all the time at max value should be safe enough

Samsung Captivate, Android 2.3.5 SAUROM, Corn Kernel v701
Fly Evo Chic 3, Android 4.4.2 Stock, improved stock kernel
08-10-2015, 11:38 AM
(08-09-2015 06:04 PM)vitality19 Wrote:  the overclock up to more than chipset can support would be risky, but default frequency with any rom even all the time at max value should be safe enough

Nop.....the over clock it self is a tremendous risk...using for a long time is almost insane.

They downclock Your processor when it gets heated to avoid damage on the phone and on You. I see people still complain about theeir devices getting heated...imagine if they don't downclock the device when it is heated?

If You don't take care and let it on your bed while You are playing an RPG and go for somewhere else or even fall sleep while playing You are in great danger.....just my advice. Fell free to change how things are and You will learn on the practice what are the consequences.
08-13-2015, 08:26 PM
What would be best for my android TV box which has a AMlogic s802 CPU + Mali 450 mp4 GPU with 2gb ram / 16gb ROM.? The box in question is named the - G Box Q.
08-14-2015, 12:31 PM
(08-13-2015 08:26 PM)Terminator Wrote:  What would be best for my android TV box which has a AMlogic s802 CPU + Mali 450 mp4 GPU with 2gb ram / 16gb ROM.? The box in question is named the - G Box Q.

Sorry...only testing....or finding some body who alread tested it, wich will be difficulty.
08-14-2015, 04:17 PM
Default settings seem to work fine, just 2D sprites have transparent lines in characters.