Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PS2 Emulator Status
02-25-2015, 03:28 PM
PS2 Emulator Status
Theres a reason i post it here.
Also recently i got warning . Didnt get banned but it still butthurts tho.

Started at 2002 ~ Current time ver 1.3.1 .
with 98% Playable games and gsdx as plugin.
The problem is theres too much bug.. they did tried to remove it but it needs to be configurated or else even using the latest vers wont change anything.
I didnt understand too much about programing but pcsx2 got seriously huge issue on bug rather than having it slow or fps problem. The latest version now is up to 60 and 1080p resolution.

is there a way to play the game smoothly without getting too much bug or serious issues like ppsspp ?
or playing it without the main cores* (i want to avoid trouble so no such words allowed)?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2015, 03:37 PM
RE: PS2 Emulator Status
I seriously don't know what your questions are.

I think the second question is "Can I use a PCSX2 without a BIOS dump from a real PS2?" the answer to which is "no".
02-25-2015, 04:31 PM
(02-25-2015 03:37 PM)Bigpet Wrote:  I seriously don't know what your questions are.

I think the second question is "Can I use a PCSX2 without a BIOS dump from a real PS2?" the answer to which is "no".
Sorry for that Big Grin

so bios needed in order to play? theres no other way to play it w/o using bios? Well its not that hard to get the ps2 original bios these days because its cheap and only cost about 80-120 bucks but thats defeat the purpose of playing the game in high resolution and graphical improvement.
PCSX2 got alot of bugs including setting that need to be changed between software/hardware mode incase you're stuck in the same scene. That doesnt include the bug that almost cannot be removed except keep trying to get different setting for different games.
While nowadays you could plug the ps2 to the tv and get 2k - 4k uhd image with native ps2 resolution without getting any bugs or problem with it.
Imagine the possiblities having your emulated pc ported to hdtv with 4k images.
02-25-2015, 06:40 PM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2015 06:43 PM by emmaus.)
i dont understnd anything you are saying. you are misusing certain terms here.a bios isnt hardware like a console, it is a software dumped from the console. you cant buy it as that would be illegal.
also please write the game title and the pcsx2 version you are using, if you want help here.pcsx2 has high emulation accuracy(as far as i know) due to it using the bios and not revere engineering it like most other emus, and i haven't had any problems with the games i have played, except for a few neglgible gfx bug here and there.

if you are able to test games and find bugs, then you must have the bios dumps.

also you shouldnt have problems switching graphics mode, as long as you use the same plugin. find your cpu features(the emu will list it when it starts up), use plugins that correspond to the best feature listed(usually the right most, avx series are best for haswell cpus), then select a rendering mode best suited for your gpu,(opengl for newer nvidia and ati gpu, dx10 for new intel hd (4000 series) and dx9 for the rest). these should produce the least bugs.

post your system specs here.
02-26-2015, 05:38 AM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2015 05:39 AM by [Unknown].)
The PS2 is a complicated monster. The PSP is comparatively easy to emulate.

That being said, I'd like to think we do a bunch of things right in PPSSPP, including automated tests and stuff, which we don't do perfectly at all but do much better than most other emulators out there.

I think pcsx2 could benefit from automated testing, which thing I did tell them, but I don't have a hacked PS2 or the patience to set one up, so I was really just all talk anyway. No one was interested in picking it up, so that's that.

IIRC, some games patch the BIOS on the PS2, so it's kinda unavoidable to require the actual BIOS. I could be wrong. Maybe it was only the PS1...

-[Unknown]
02-27-2015, 10:01 AM
(02-26-2015 05:38 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  The PS2 is a complicated monster. The PSP is comparatively easy to emulate.
-[Unknown]

well if you said so..
Yeah might be better to get another ps2 rather than die trying.
02-27-2015, 02:57 PM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2015 03:10 PM by fivefeet8.)
PCSX2 is also not well known to be the easiest to start coding for. Which hurts development to a degree.

Well here's a surprise:

http://ngemu.com/threads/new-ps2-emulato...pt.169425/

A new PS2 emulator in active development.
02-27-2015, 03:34 PM
Meh, doesn't look likes he's gonna open source it, not really interested.
02-27-2015, 04:01 PM
(02-27-2015 03:34 PM)Bigpet Wrote:  Meh, doesn't look likes he's gonna open source it, not really interested.

Not at the moment, but his previous emulation projects have become opensourced.
02-27-2015, 04:39 PM
(02-27-2015 04:01 PM)fivefeet8 Wrote:  Not at the moment, but his previous emulation projects have become opensourced.

I don't really know the dude, which ones?
02-27-2015, 05:01 PM
(02-27-2015 04:39 PM)Bigpet Wrote:  
(02-27-2015 04:01 PM)fivefeet8 Wrote:  Not at the moment, but his previous emulation projects have become opensourced.

I don't really know the dude, which ones?

AdriPSX(Playstation 1) and DuoS(Nintendo DS).
02-27-2015, 05:10 PM
Can't really find the source. I found some dead links for AdriPSX but nothing for DuoS and I don't see the license mentioned anywhere.
02-27-2015, 05:43 PM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2015 06:05 PM by fivefeet8.)
(02-27-2015 05:10 PM)Bigpet Wrote:  Can't really find the source. I found some dead links for AdriPSX but nothing for DuoS and I don't see the license mentioned anywhere.

His DuoS emulator is not opensourced, but his AdriPSX is. But the source was released years ago so he didn't put on any of the Open Source directories online. The source is available from Zophar's.

AdriPSX is actually from the Bleem/PSXempro days. Early PSX emulation history. He doesn't have the best track record, but he seems to have put some effort into his PS2 emulator work by the looks of it.
02-27-2015, 06:40 PM
I don't really doubt his track record, he wrote apparently functional PSX and DS emulators, I don't think there's many people who you can say that about. It's just that I'm personally more interested in emulators as open source projects.

Anyway, seems like the zophars domain link is not down after all. Still has a blob *.dll without any source (doesn't seem to be core-emulation though, so that's good at least). The license is not really open source but it's not as restrictive as some other's I've seen, so that seems alright.
02-28-2015, 05:54 AM
There might be Opensource for ps2 a years or later..
Quote:http://ngemu.com/threads/new-ps2-emulato...pt.169425/
This suprise me as well. Might check back later.
but i wonder if he's going to make it open source..