Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Final Fantasy IV : The complete collection
02-15-2015, 10:10 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2015 10:10 PM by royr719.)
RE: Final Fantasy IV : The complete collection
Using build 1.0-70 in my Samsung S4. In status menu I can't get sprites or anything. See attached file.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-15-2015, 10:42 PM
Make sure you don't have any speedhacks enabled, like disable stencil test.

-[Unknown]
02-16-2015, 01:57 PM
(02-15-2015 10:42 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Make sure you don't have any speedhacks enabled, like disable stencil test.

-[Unknown]

Thanks. I thought the issue with stencil test was resolved. Disabling it did the trick.
02-16-2015, 03:45 PM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2015 03:45 PM by [Unknown].)
There shouldn't be any issues with stencil testing for this game anymore; however, the "disable stencil test" speedhack tells PPSSPP to stick out its tongue and laugh at the game whenever it tries to use stencil testing. This is not a good thing if you want graphics to look correct.

Final Fantasy 4 definitely uses stencil testing, and won't take kindly to being made fun of when it tries to use it.

-[Unknown]
02-17-2015, 02:59 AM
I've just started play this game, and not to far in I already encountered a crash at the mist dragon fight. Right when the mist dragon turns into mist, the game crashed. Anybody else encountered this before?
02-17-2015, 07:50 AM
(02-17-2015 02:59 AM)vivi_carol Wrote:  I've just started play this game, and not to far in I already encountered a crash at the mist dragon fight. Right when the mist dragon turns into mist, the game crashed. Anybody else encountered this before?

It's been a common issue throughout PPSSPP's history. Can you provide us with more info? What version of PPSSPP are you using (more specific than just 'the latest', please provide an exact version number), and what platform (e.g. Windows, Android, etc.) you're on?

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
03-11-2015, 04:50 AM
I was curious to know if anyone has or at least attempted to activate cheats in this game. I see (in the settings) a says Enable cheats- (experimental, see forums)
How do I use cheats in FFIV CC?
05-16-2015, 10:18 AM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2015 10:30 AM by KaraZorEl.)
Okay, so I popped in again to see if the new version (1.0.1) would work automatically with Final Fantasy IV without having to change the settings. It doesn't. Same problem as last time. The text still doesn't appear. (And it also sent me to a webpage asking me to buy the gold version, which I would have done right then if the store was open.)

I'm using Windows 8.1...been a PPSSPP user for about 15 months now. I love the program, just wish I could figure out how to get it work with FFIV.

Edit: I fooled around with the settings and was able to resolve the problem (at least on the opening menu) by changing the backend from open gl to direct 3d9.
05-16-2015, 01:29 PM
Hello, what is with the filtering on PSPPP? I have heard that it does not filter things that are animated at times. This leads games like FF games to look like trash on animated spells. Unplayable when it goes back and forth to sprites. Is there any way to fix this? Is FPS a problem even on high-end PC systems? Why is there no option to force filtering all the time? Thanks.
05-17-2015, 06:48 AM
(05-16-2015 10:18 AM)KaraZorEl Wrote:  Edit: I fooled around with the settings and was able to resolve the problem (at least on the opening menu) by changing the backend from open gl to direct 3d9.

This probably means your graphics driver is buggy. I recommend trying to upgrade it.

-[Unknown]
07-10-2015, 01:40 AM
Hello!

I was playing this game and I am on the final dungeon and I accidentally pressed F5 which changes the buffer settings and now it looks screwed up, that it shows up in different colors with everything barely readable.

Is there any way to fix this? I tired all of the buffering setting to no luck, and I was about to beat the game, other save states seem to work fine, but not this one where is almost to the end, Help! Sad
07-11-2015, 01:55 AM
Unfortunately, you may have corrupted memory by switching to "read framebuffers to memory."

Using a real in-game save may fix it. Try going and saving, and then restart and load that save. In general, it's better to use real saves.

-[Unknown]
08-21-2015, 05:29 AM
What exactly are the bugs that keep this game from being completely playable?
09-27-2015, 02:14 PM (This post was last modified: 09-27-2015 02:17 PM by UltimateFanBoy.)
FF4 glitches
Hello, new to PPSSPP and emulation in general (I've used VBA-M, ZSNES, &SNES9x, but not all the time). I decided to try a game I've always disliked again: FF4.

But for some reason, there are some terrible graphical glitches that take me out of it:
  • Cuts back to airship scene when a battle starts
  • Overworld graphics breaking
I was going to post a video, but I'm not able to.
09-27-2015, 03:55 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2