Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Final Fantasy 1
01-20-2015, 08:37 AM
RE: Final Fantasy 1
Currently made it to the 2nd town running v 0.9.9.1

Playable by all means but framedrops for various instances such as entering battles, after winning them, using magic - doesn't disturb the game per se but it's not 100% smooth either

Graphics:

Mode: Buffered Rendering
Simulate block transfer - checked

Frameskipping 1
Auto framskip - checked
Prevent FPS from exceeding 60 - checked
Alternative speed - 0

postprocess shader - 4xHQ GLSL
stretch to display - checked

rendering resolution - auto 1:1
vsync - checked
mipmapping - checked
hardware transform - checked
software skinning - checked
vertex cache - checked
lazy texture - checked
retain changed textures - checked
disable slower effects - checked
spline/bezier curves - low

upscale - auto
upscale type - xBRZ

anisotropic filtering - off
texture filtering - auto

System:

fast memory - checked
multithreaded - checked
I/O on thread - checked

If anyone have any better settings then let me know
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-21-2015, 01:54 PM
(01-20-2015 08:37 AM)shikaroxen Wrote:  Currently made it to the 2nd town running v 0.9.9.1

Playable by all means but framedrops for various instances such as entering battles, after winning them, using magic - doesn't disturb the game per se but it's not 100% smooth either

Graphics:

Mode: Buffered Rendering
Simulate block transfer - checked

Frameskipping 1
Auto framskip - checked
Prevent FPS from exceeding 60 - checked
Alternative speed - 0

postprocess shader - 4xHQ GLSL
stretch to display - checked

rendering resolution - auto 1:1
vsync - checked
mipmapping - checked
hardware transform - checked
software skinning - checked
vertex cache - checked
lazy texture - checked
retain changed textures - checked
disable slower effects - checked
spline/bezier curves - low

upscale - auto
upscale type - xBRZ

anisotropic filtering - off
texture filtering - auto

System:

fast memory - checked
multithreaded - checked
I/O on thread - checked

If anyone have any better settings then let me know

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5236
01-21-2015, 03:08 PM
As if everyone is gonna read through that. I can do it for me, but not everyone will and thats the point. The better option is to have the best possible setting for each game posted seperately in their thread or at the wikia.

I appreciate the help Gamerz but you can't expect everyone not into the technicalaties to read through it. Gamers wanna game
01-21-2015, 03:12 PM
Yeah, a wiki format would be a lot better for some things. Some game threads are very long and very valuable information is burried somewhere in page 16 of 52 which is just ridiculous.

Problem is that many wikis will get spammed hard (especially wikimedia), which is why the last official wiki was closed.
01-25-2015, 01:10 AM
(01-21-2015 03:08 PM)shikaroxen Wrote:  As if everyone is gonna read through that. I can do it for me, but not everyone will and thats the point. The better option is to have the best possible setting for each game posted seperately in their thread or at the wikia.

I appreciate the help Gamerz but you can't expect everyone not into the technicalaties to read through it. Gamers wanna game

Thing is that games work different on each phones cause of its specifications.
Its faster that you just read through the stuff up there than to make a wiki page, and iirc having a wiki for all of the games wouldn't be free.(could be wrong there)

If you don't feel like reading then let me tell the stuff that i know that would speed boost games.

1. Set rendered mode to Non buffered rendering
2. Don't use postprocess shader
3. spline/bezier curves set to low
4. Lazy Texture caching,Retain changed textures and Disable slower effects are speedhacks, try to enable some of them, if they make any kind of glitches in game disabled them
5. Set Upscaling to Off
6. Disable alpha test and Texture coord speedhack are speedhacks too, same rules goes like with Number 4 (i think Disable alpha test makes green blocks in FF games)
7. Multithreaded is experimental, most of the times it just makes games run lousier.

And enabling all speedhacks doesn't help always, it might actually make more issues if you enable all of them. But the most speed slowdowns are from either upscaling or big rendering resolutions.

I hope that helps you. Ohh and always use the latest github builds. You can find them here http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/
04-12-2015, 12:48 PM
Really loved playing this game Big Grin. Works 100% The random monster encounters and endless dungeons were a bit annoying though but loved the exploring and boss fighting
04-27-2015, 09:00 PM
Just began playing and there are issues with the transition into battle. For some reason the game shows a previous screen and not the current one when transitioning. For example, it would show a screen of my character in a shop or standing in a different position. Not game breaking but incredibly annoying. Latest build on Win 7 64 bit.
04-28-2015, 02:27 AM
Are you using default settings? Sounds like the "non-buffered rendering" hack or "disable slow effects" are on, or else the "simulate block transfer" setting is off.

-[Unknown]
04-28-2015, 05:38 AM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2015 05:39 AM by Inexplix.)
(04-28-2015 02:27 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Are you using default settings? Sounds like the "non-buffered rendering" hack or "disable slow effects" are on, or else the "simulate block transfer" setting is off.

-[Unknown]

Buffered rendering, simulate block transfer on, disable slower effects on, but I changed some other settings and the problem is gone. Worst I get now is a delay when entering a building or a battle, but only occasionally. It is tolerable.
05-01-2015, 01:05 PM
final fantasy graphics glitch in non buffered
old version of ppsspp the final fantasy works fine but when updated to latest it glitch the grpahics
05-01-2015, 01:12 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
05-23-2015, 08:18 PM (This post was last modified: 05-23-2015 08:20 PM by Quickening.)
I need help taking care of a couple of problems. One, all of the sprites look fine except for the characters during battle and on menus. Here are a couple of images (they're noticeable once you take a close look):

Two, the overworld map often tends to clip itself for some reason (it's hard to take a screenshot that shows that).
05-24-2015, 12:45 AM (This post was last modified: 05-24-2015 12:46 AM by Razzmatazz.)
Yes it does happen. I think the game hangs bit during opening of battle too.
11-26-2015, 04:32 AM
I don't know if this was mentioned already but there are flickering lines on the overworld once you walk around for a bit.
11-26-2015, 02:25 PM
I recommend disabling the vertex cache. In general, this can cause glitches in some 2D games, but also gives a decent performance boost on many devices for 3D games. If speed isn't an issue, turn it off for all games.

-[Unknown]