Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Save Issues in Any Game on iOS
01-18-2014, 11:50 PM
RE: Save Issues in Any Game on iOS
(01-18-2014 11:04 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  These are almost definitely positively permission issues. Read the following:

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...1#pid68811
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...9#pid68839

-[Unknown]

I already tried messing with the permissions, I found that I can save in hexyz force, but not ffiv cc, but from what I've read in the git hub issues section, it sounds like its more of a ffiv emulation problem.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-18-2014, 11:54 PM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2014 11:57 PM by lavo27.)
Those above games can save normally in the pc version of ppsspp, so i guess the porting to ios is causing the issue.

Even when the ios version is not as stable as pc version, i still appreciate the work of porting over to ios.
01-19-2014, 12:04 AM
(01-18-2014 11:54 PM)lavo27 Wrote:  Those above games can save normally in the pc version of ppsspp, so i guess the porting to ios is causing the issue.

Even when the ios version is not as stable as pc version, i still appreciate the work of porting over to ios.

Same here, its amazing that I can even run psp games let alone at these speeds on any computer let alone a tablet, I can't complain in the least. I just hope sometime the issue is fixed, because I would love to play ffiv on my ipad.
01-19-2014, 12:45 AM
(01-18-2014 11:04 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  These are almost definitely positively permission issues. Read the following:

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...1#pid68811
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...9#pid68839

-[Unknown]

The 2 games i having problem saving are Valkyrie chronicle 2 and 3.
Cant even create new game with it, not trying to transfer the save from pc.
While P3P, crisis core(new game intro movie cant work lol) can save properly when creating a new game.
01-19-2014, 05:37 AM
I strongly suggest you check the permissions of the PSP directory and ALL the subdirectories and files within it. If even ONE of those files has the wrong permissions it will likely cause saving to not work properly in some games but not others.

The port is fairly straight-forward. Aside from different graphics, >95% of the code is the same as for Android, and ALL of the saving code is exactly the same. I think it's an installer issue.

Have you ever copied files to your iOS device or modified the contents of the save folder, aside from its permissions? If you haven't done that, and some games work and others don't, it's probably something going wrong when you update.

-[Unknown]
01-19-2014, 06:41 AM (This post was last modified: 01-19-2014 06:47 AM by lavo27.)
Thanks for the response unknown,I appreciate it.

I did a clean install on my other idevice which do not have ppsspp on it. So there no modification of anything, I had only copied the iso over from my pc.

Still encountered the same problem.

When i boot up Valkyrie chronicles 2 for the first time, it saved successfully.

After i exit the game and try to load it up again.

So i tried another game P3P and no problem at all.

FYI the save works in 0.7.6 and not the newer release.
01-19-2014, 11:20 AM
(01-19-2014 05:37 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  I strongly suggest you check the permissions of the PSP directory and ALL the subdirectories and files within it. If even ONE of those files has the wrong permissions it will likely cause saving to not work properly in some games but not others.

The port is fairly straight-forward. Aside from different graphics, >95% of the code is the same as for Android, and ALL of the saving code is exactly the same. I think it's an installer issue.

Have you ever copied files to your iOS device or modified the contents of the save folder, aside from its permissions? If you haven't done that, and some games work and others don't, it's probably something going wrong when you update.

-[Unknown]
I've changed all permissions on both the ppsspp and PSP folder to rwxrwxrwx and applied recursively in winscp and then double checked the permissions in ifile, they are definitely 777 and I still cant save in ffiv.

I have tried moving a save created by the pc version of ppsspp (so I know the pc version can create the save) and it cant even read the save, but strangly if the save is in the right location, it does move the cursor from new game to load game... Still cant read the save or make one though...
01-19-2014, 11:25 AM
tested with the version. ipa not. deb
01-23-2014, 06:31 PM
Install mobileTerminal tweak. Open it. Type "su" and when it asks password, type "alpine".
Then, type "cd /var/mobile/Documents".
After that, enter the last command, "chown mobile:mobile -R PSP"
That must help.
01-24-2014, 11:53 PM
Pretty sure this is NOT a permissions issue. The same exact saves work when 0.7.6 is installed rather than 0.9.6.
01-25-2014, 12:14 PM
(01-24-2014 11:53 PM)aarstar Wrote:  Pretty sure this is NOT a permissions issue. The same exact saves work when 0.7.6 is installed rather than 0.9.6.

Yeah, I have permissions set as mobile:mobile, and can't save so it looks like the emulator not the folder settings. Hopefully they will get around to fixing it eventually.
01-28-2014, 03:38 AM
The newest build from kira fixed the save issue for me on Valkyrie chronicles 2. Dont have the other games that have issue so you guys have to test it out.
01-28-2014, 01:01 PM
(01-28-2014 03:38 AM)lavo27 Wrote:  The newest build from kira fixed the save issue for me on Valkyrie chronicles 2. Dont have the other games that have issue so you guys have to test it out.

Yes saving does now work in FFIV CC, I find it funny that the build number is 666. Thanks for posting that it worked, I had given up testing it >_>
03-19-2014, 01:15 AM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2014 01:17 AM by Siauwhendry.)
Hi all..recently i got a save issue at monster hunter portable 3rd.

At the first time its ok to play the game,save state,leave the app to do some work,reply message.and then go back to the game and continue hunting.

But lately,when i save state in the middle of mission,i cant save normally anymore(not save state) it said that "the memory stick ~b10 use to start this game is not inserted".

Help,is there a way to fix this,because I play in my workplace,so i cant go straight for 1 long hunt,I usually go out from the game to reply message,save state.

It just wont save normally anymore like the 1st time

Ps:i didnt do any change to my phone lately

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

03-19-2014, 05:50 PM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2014 08:01 PM by vnctdj.)
This issue is not due to your phone.
It's because Monster Hunter games really hate savestates...
So, you should always use in-game saves and you will never get this problem again Smile

However, you can try to retrieve your save by following some advice in this thread, but it's tricky Undecided

Edit : I have just seen this thread Wink

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2