Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Save Issues in Any Game on iOS
01-03-2014, 01:10 PM
Save Issues in Any Game on iOS
I have an issue with saving games on my iPhone 5, its not a new issue and has always happened to me when I ran PPSSPP even on the older versions.

For some reason, I am never able to properly load and save a game. For example in Valkyria Chronicles II (or even 3 for that matter) I am able to create the original save file. But immediately after, it would tell me that the file is corrupted. Even if I try to bypass the screen, it would insist that its corrupted. This happens to me on other games as well like LittleBigPlanet. But the issue doesn't happen on my PC.

I was wondering if anyone else encountered the same issues?

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with permissions on the save folders?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2014, 05:38 PM
RE: Save Issues in Any Game on iOS
(01-03-2014 01:10 PM)KiasuKiasiMan Wrote:  I have an issue with saving games on my iPhone 5, its not a new issue and has always happened to me when I ran PPSSPP even on the older versions.

For some reason, I am never able to properly load and save a game. For example in Valkyria Chronicles II (or even 3 for that matter) I am able to create the original save file. But immediately after, it would tell me that the file is corrupted. Even if I try to bypass the screen, it would insist that its corrupted. This happens to me on other games as well like LittleBigPlanet. But the issue doesn't happen on my PC.

I was wondering if anyone else encountered the same issues?

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with permissions on the save folders?
play on pc record heading into the game with no F2 SAVEDATA copy the contents of this path on ios version. deb / var / mobile / Documents / psp / or version. ipa var / mobile / applications / ppsspp / documents / psp
[Image: img0573g.png]
01-04-2014, 09:22 AM
i am having same problem with Valkyria Chronicles II too
01-09-2014, 02:52 AM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2014 03:24 AM by aarstar.)
(01-04-2014 09:22 AM)lavo27 Wrote:  i am having same problem with Valkyria Chronicles II too

Same here. All those folders above are being created at least. An older version (I think 0.7 something) worked wrt save data.

iPhone 5S/7.0.4

Edit: Tried to copy the working save folders shown above from my PC, but PPSSPP on iOS still says the saves are corrupted.
01-09-2014, 05:14 AM
Have to wait for angelxwind to fix the save issue on some games.
01-12-2014, 05:20 AM
I can confirm that saving works in 0.7.6, but that version is ancient. Hopefully, there is a fix for this on the 5S some time in the future. Keep up the good work!
01-16-2014, 06:15 PM
Currently I have only tried to save one game, Final Fantasy 4 Complete collection on the latest stable and testing build on the repo, I cannot save and when I add a save from the pc version of ppsspp the ios version doesn't even see the save. I put it in the correct location and even changed the permisions but it appears that its impossible to save or load saves.

Ipad Mini retina running 7.0.4 jailbroken and ppsspp v0.9.6-406-g62eb701
01-16-2014, 09:58 PM
(01-16-2014 06:15 PM)BlindSeer Wrote:  Currently I have only tried to save one game, Final Fantasy 4 Complete collection on the latest stable and testing build on the repo, I cannot save and when I add a save from the pc version of ppsspp the ios version doesn't even see the save. I put it in the correct location and even changed the permisions but it appears that its impossible to save or load saves.

use the save of the F3 on pc and take it out of this folder and pass it to PPSSPP_STATE IOS
01-16-2014, 11:57 PM (This post was last modified: 01-16-2014 11:59 PM by BlindSeer.)
(01-16-2014 09:58 PM)Faviopkrk Wrote:  
(01-16-2014 06:15 PM)BlindSeer Wrote:  Currently I have only tried to save one game, Final Fantasy 4 Complete collection on the latest stable and testing build on the repo, I cannot save and when I add a save from the pc version of ppsspp the ios version doesn't even see the save. I put it in the correct location and even changed the permisions but it appears that its impossible to save or load saves.

use the save of the F3 on pc and take it out of this folder and pass it to PPSSPP_STATE IOS

I already tried it, as I said, The ios port cant even find it, I have it placed in /mobile/Documents/PSP/SAVEDATA/ But it just doesn't work...

Edit:As for save-states, I can create them, but I want to save regularly, I don't really trust save-states very much
01-17-2014, 01:04 AM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2014 08:58 PM by TheDax.)
(01-16-2014 11:57 PM)BlindSeer Wrote:  
(01-16-2014 09:58 PM)Faviopkrk Wrote:  

I already tried it, as I said, The ios port cant even find it, I have it placed in /mobile/Documents/PSP/SAVEDATA/ But it just doesn't work...

Edit:As for save-states, I can create them, but I want to save regularly, I don't really trust save-states very much
[/color][color=#9400D3]test version .ipa
01-17-2014, 04:10 AM
Tried to install .deb but there was no app icon.
01-17-2014, 04:16 AM (This post was last modified: 01-17-2014 04:19 AM by lavo27.)
Kira's ppsspp repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/ppsspp/

You need to uninstall angelxwind ppsspp before installing kira's.

Lesser crashing with it compared to angelxwind. Still having same saving issues with some games.
01-17-2014, 05:55 AM
Yea, tried those builds, but they didn't help the save issue in Valkyria Chronicles II. Back to 0.7.6 for now.
01-17-2014, 12:10 PM (This post was last modified: 01-17-2014 12:34 PM by BlindSeer.)
I've also tried kira's latest builds but still unable to save on FFIV, Perhaps its to do with being ios 7 and the mini retina? Or perhaps bad permissions when ppsspp is compiled? Anyways Ill keep trying as the new builds roll out but I hope this is fixed soon.

Edit: I've tried and been able to save in another game(Hexyz Force), so it appears to be certain games that are unable to save for me, not all.

A Couple of screen shots of trying to load FFIV save from the pc version to ios version of ppsspp.
[Image: IMG_00391_zps376d15f0.png][Image: IMG_00401_zpsecd69afd.png][Image: IMG_00411_zps450771a7.png]
01-18-2014, 11:04 PM
These are almost definitely positively permission issues. Read the following:

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...1#pid68811
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...9#pid68839

-[Unknown]