Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica Portable
12-29-2015, 03:10 PM (This post was last modified: 12-29-2015 03:17 PM by KatsumiMichiko.)
RE: Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica Portable
Crash in Mami's route still not fixed.(#20) In Mami's route, after dying to Walpurgisnacht, the game route should be won. However, the screen goes blank and doesn't work. No clue what's going on.

Original Japanese version.

I uploaded the save state for beginning of Walpurgisnacht's final stage. When both Mami and Madoka die, game still breaks.
dropbox.com/s/i3rk3z8zqwmogui/Mami%20Walpurgis.ppst?dl=0

EDIT:
I've also tried letting them die to Candoloro. Still crashes.

Seperate note, will save states transfer between Japanese and English versions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2016, 09:39 PM
Savestates will almost definitely not work properly between different translations of the game.

It's hard to say what could be causing the crash. Is it possible to save (not using a savestate), and then try it on a PSP, just to make sure it's not a bug in the translated game? Those definitely do happen.

Assuming it doesn't happen, it might be good to upload the save here so someone else can debug more. Unfortunately, I do not have the game.

-[Unknown]
01-02-2016, 09:23 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2016 09:53 PM by vnctdj.)
I am using the original, not the English. I've tried both though, and neither work.

I uploaded it to Dropbox because it's too big to upload here. It's on my other post. It's on the final stage, so as soon as both mami and madoka die the game should end.

I don't have a psp, but if anyone wants to test it is be grateful.

I have tried my disc as well as two torrented ISOs. All three crashed.

Edit by vnctdj : Piracy is not allowed on our forum, please respect the rules.
02-07-2016, 02:56 AM
Excuse me guys, but i have a problem before mentioned here, when Madoka throws the soulgem of sayaka, a blank screen appears, and then the game won't come back from that state, can someone tell me what i have to do please?
02-08-2016, 04:54 PM
The soul gem throw crash can be solved by saving the game before that event and then playing in the original, unpatched game. After that event you can continue on the english game.

Mami's route crashes can be solved by playing in other emulators. When you are in the battle that causes the crash, save and copy your savedata to another emulator (for this i use jpcsp).

I hope I helped!!
02-11-2016, 05:01 PM
I have a problem. In Sayaka's route, after the fight with Izabel, there is a scene with Kyoko and Sayaka and then you have to fight with Oktavia. But, when Kyoko is talking to Kyubey, the game fades to black and crashes.

What can I do?
02-18-2016, 10:21 PM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2016 11:08 PM by vnctdj.)
(02-08-2016 04:54 PM)Lord Sithis Wrote:  The soul gem throw crash can be solved by saving the game before that event and then playing in the original, unpatched game. After that event you can continue on the english game.

Mami's route crashes can be solved by playing in other emulators. When you are in the battle that causes the crash, save and copy your savedata to another emulator (for this i use jpcsp).

I hope I helped!!

Indeed, ¡you helped a lot with your info! ¡thanks a lot bro! i'm now in the Homura Route ;D

(02-11-2016 05:01 PM)Lord Sithis Wrote:  I have a problem. In Sayaka's route, after the fight with Izabel, there is a scene with Kyoko and Sayaka and then you have to fight with Oktavia. But, when Kyoko is talking to Kyubey, the game fades to black and crashes.

What can I do?

Well, i'll tell you that i simply passed that point without problems, i'm using a ISO version of the game, i found it in [Censored]. Obviously, only the japanese version, if you want, try it and maybe the problem solves =)

Edit by vnctdj : Piracy is not allowed on our forum, please respect the rules.
05-31-2016, 06:50 PM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2016 07:43 PM by ichimatsu.)
Hello! Whenever i launch the game, i get a screen that just reads "The system data was not found." I saw an earlier reply telling me to just press "O" and it will ask to install system data, but nothing happened for me.

Can anyone help me fix this? I haven't been able to get past this screen to play at all.

Thank you!

(07-18-2014 10:54 AM)MagicalButts Wrote:  Hello!
I'm currently having a problem with the game, I finally managed to get the ISO after a week, was so happy when I finally got the ISO, but now it just crashes.

Basically, I can go to the main menu and stuff when the game starts, I can start a new game, go into options, all that stuff, but when you start Madoka's route, do Madoka's dream, Madoka will wake up, then this big ass screeen appears with a message in the middle, followed by Madoka's voice, after this screen goes, PPSSPP just crashes.

It's really annoying and I can't seem to find anything on Google, so any help please?

i'm having the same issue. the screen says "As if we met in a dream", and then the screen fades to a black and provides the message "PPSSPP has stopped working.."
any fix?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

08-23-2016, 05:25 AM
(05-31-2016 06:50 PM)ichimatsu Wrote:  i'm having the same issue. the screen says "As if we met in a dream", and then the screen fades to a black and provides the message "PPSSPP has stopped working.."
any fix?

This was mentioned earlier in the thread: under <<Settings>>::<<System>>; disable the <<Fast memory>>, <<Multithreaded>>, and <<I/O on thread>> options.

I had the same problem, but after disabling those options I could get past that screen just fine.
09-12-2016, 12:30 AM
How does this look in the latest git build with default settings? That means, Multithreaded off, but Fast memory and I/O on thread on.

If there are bugs in the translation, it's best to test the original.

-[Unknown]
08-11-2020, 03:29 AM
Somehow I did not get the broadcast using the method you did. I use the app to watch movies and broadcast TV.
10-12-2022, 04:50 AM
Hello! I know this thread is old and I don't know if anyone is active but I'm having a problem where I get "system data was not found" then I click z and It asks me to download the system data [clicked yes obviously] then the system data has not been created without it you will be unable to save your progress yea? I click z for continue yet again then I'm taken too a quick flash of "checking storage media do not remove the storage media or power off the device" then it just goes back to the "system data was not found screen" I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong! I've downloaded the game from CDRomance and extracted the game and the data-for-madoka [Haven't done anything with the SAVEDATA stuff and not sure where to find memstick] I opened the game [Madoka magica portable english 3.0] in ppsspp then yeah system data errors
10-13-2022, 01:12 AM
In Japanese games, the cross button (z by default) means cancel, and the circle button (x by default) means yes.

You're not able to proceed because you keep pressing cancel. This is a common mistake.

-[Unknown]
05-22-2023, 08:50 PM
Sorry to add to this thread after like a year of no activity, but I can't really find a working solution to an issue I'm having.

Like a previous poster mentioned, at the end of Mami's route, when they are defeated by Walpurgis, the game crashes every time it tries to load the subsequent cutscene. I tried the suggestion of transferring the save to another emulator, jpcsp, but the crash still occurs there as well. As a note, I've been playing the game without the english patch.

I've gotten really invested and enjoy the game quite a lot, so this problem is quite disappointing. The only downloadable save data I could find is 100% completion, which sort of defeats the purpose. :\ I can try that route as an absolute last resort, but I was wondering if there was any possible solution other than a different emulator