• 1 Votes - 5 Average
SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
01-21-2015, 03:20 AM
RE: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
(01-18-2015 05:49 PM)cimmy Wrote:  Bad Texture Problem

D-1 Stage, the left area of the background looks not correct:

(03-18-2013 02:42 AM)ExodusReality Wrote:  Newest Build 146

Windows

It went from Not loading at all. to working 100% in one build.

Amazing work.

No movies of course. But the ingame movies work. Speed is near Perfect.
Once action hits it'll take a hit but other than that. 100% Speed and works. Saves even work.

not working 100%, in some stages there are texture errors

It's supposed to be like that. That background is part of the Solar System.

Here's how it looks like in the TV shows.

http://c11.ilbe.com/files/attach/images/...380029.JPG

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_CYXrqM-3tmM/Sq...dam%29.jpg

The messy looking background is supposed to represent the mirrors.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-21-2015, 02:11 PM
Whoa, i didn't know custom bgm is working, good job. Big Grin

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

01-31-2015, 07:54 AM
For some apparent reason whenever I do a quicksave or a normal save through the game it crashes every single time.
07-25-2015, 10:04 AM
mod sd gundam
Can I mod SD Gundam G Generation Overworld?? Like adding new character and new robots??
07-26-2015, 12:44 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
03-31-2017, 08:45 PM
Version 1.4
Android 4.4.2
PERFECT
Notes: Missed fonts!!!
04-01-2017, 04:42 PM
(03-31-2017 08:45 PM)LightVR0 Wrote:  Version 1.4
Android 4.4.2
PERFECT
Notes: Missed fonts!!!

Hi folks,

Android device auto updated to version 1.4.

Now my Overworld [English Patched] is missing text in practically every area of the game. It's fine if I run it on 1.3 on the PC.
04-13-2017, 01:33 PM (This post was last modified: 04-13-2017 02:26 PM by karry299.)
Latest build, save state loading breaks the textures. I thought it was because of HQ textures from english patched hack, but i deleted the textures and loaded the original iso - and it happens anyway, but more rarely. With HQ textures there's all kinds of colors, but on original iso it's mostly black screen with patches of purple.

edit : oh, right, the issue is with dx11 backend only, dx9 works fine.
05-02-2017, 03:42 AM
[Need Help] Game Data Doesn't Load Properly
Hi guys,

Apologies if this is in the wrong thread. I am in need of some advice. A little bit of backstory.

I have been playing SD Gundam G Generation Overworld for quite a while. I think since I discovered PPSSPP 1.3 by chance. It is also the only game I have on this system.

Recently [and it's getting more frequently], I have noticed that my save data doesn't load properly and practically renders the game all but unplayable.

When I load my save file, the game will not load all the data. For example, my weapon data of a character will be completely blank.

Some other points:
  • It doesn't happen to all characters but to at least one. On worse days, multiple characters will be missing their stats/weapons etc.
  • If I quit PPSSPP and reload the game and save file. And attempt to click on the same character, PPSSPP sometimes crashes.
  • If it doesn't crash, it loads only half the weapon data.
  • There are times when everything works fine until you complete an objective, and when the next objective appears, the missing information happens all over again.
  • Funny thing is, when I was annoyed and didn't play for a couple of days, everything works fine. But two missions in, shit happens all over again.
  • Quitting and restarting the mission seems to help but a couple of missions later, same thing all over.
  • Transferring save file between Android and PC doesn't seem to help either.

My questions are... is it the safe file that is corrupted? Or the game data that has been corrupted?

Anyone else had similar issues? And what are your steps taken during the trouble shooting?

Am really hoping to save this save file as I am practically at 98% completion and it would be a pain to lose all that work. Haha.

Any help is greatly appreciated and many thanks in advance, guys!
05-02-2017, 03:41 PM
RE: [Need Help] Game Data Doesn't Load Properly
First of all we have a rule to keep 1 thread per game, this game already has it's own thread in here.

Now, there are two recent, but known problems in ppsspp which could cause missing stuff:
- using PPSSPP 1.4 on android which had missing fonts folder after their location changed, to fix that just update.
- using d3d11 backend on desktop and loading savestates which has a known bug, changing resolution even to same one as a workaround would refresh the screen restoring missing stuff.

Also this game uses psp fonts, without which text might not fit the screen. That font is copyrighted by Sony and can't be legally shared, you have to dump it from psp with any modern cfw(without fan made fonts;p) then replace the font in correct folder, which on a side note in case you updated PPSSPP - changed recently as ppsspp now stores flash0 under assets.

However if same issues happen on different platforms and using savedata(not savestates), then it's probably a problem with your copy of the game.

Especially if you're by chance using a fan translation as those are always buggy and the patching itself or even downloading some large patch itself might sometimes fail effectively breaking stuff. English typically needing more memory than japanese, even more with changes to game graphics might just not fit standard 24mb available for PSP games and running out of memory will cause missing or corrupted stuff pretty easily, sometimes only in situations not tested by the team of fan translators. So if you used fan translation, first thing I would try original, untranslated game(note you can't use savestates nor savedata made during battles to test this game between patched/unpatched) as there are no known emulation issues with this game. If the problem happens only with fan translation, you should report it to whoever made it.

------------
A short rant on a side note about the patch for that game ~ apparently the forums where those fan translations are released never learnt from FFT0 drama or learnt the wrong idea, this game's fan translation patch is again almost as large as full game meaning contains lots of the game's copyrighted content:|. Heh... maybe they turned completely warez as they also link to PSP sony's font and blame PPSSPP for "removing it" blah - so just to clarify, PPSSPP never came with any Sony's stuff, keeping things legal was always to be or not to be of all emulators and not understanding that after soo many years of emulation history is really just dumb.
------------

If you do use savestates, first thing to try is to save the game normally as it was designed, restarting emulation and reloading the game from that normal save. Most games aren't stable enough to play for a very long time even on real hardware and continuosly loading savestates simulates exactly such situation easy to imagine even minor issue could accumulate to serious problem when playing 98% of a very long game without breaks:].

Also just in case - if you used cheats, doesn't matter if they worked or not, your game could be broken, which if you're unlucky could even affect savedata. That's because most cheats made for psp simply speaking sucks. There were whole weird dramas around it like "patapon 3 infection" which people made stories about game anti-cheat breaking their games or hackers infecting them, and all it was just a dumb badly made cheats. If by chance a cheat broke your savedata you might be out of luck:|, but more commonly bad cheats only brake current memory state, restart and reload from normal savedata after disabling all cheats would in most cases help.:]

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
05-02-2017, 04:18 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
05-03-2017, 02:24 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2017 03:49 PM by whois.)
(05-02-2017 03:41 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  First of all we have a rule to keep 1 thread per game, this game already has it's own thread in here.

Sorry about that.

(05-02-2017 03:41 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  However if same issues happen on different platforms and using savedata(not savestates), then it's probably a problem with your copy of the game.

Especially if you're by chance using a fan translation as those are always buggy and the patching itself or even downloading some large patch itself might sometimes fail effectively breaking stuff. English typically needing more memory than japanese, even more with changes to game graphics might just not fit standard 24mb available for PSP games and running out of memory will cause missing or corrupted stuff pretty easily, sometimes only in situations not tested by the team of fan translators. So if you used fan translation, first thing I would try original, untranslated game(note you can't use savestates nor savedata made during battles to test this game between patched/unpatched) as there are no known emulation issues with this game. If the problem happens only with fan translation, you should report it to whoever made it.

I think the game is dead in that sense. There hasn't been an update for years.

(05-02-2017 03:41 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  If you do use savestates, first thing to try is to save the game normally as it was designed, restarting emulation and reloading the game from that normal save. Most games aren't stable enough to play for a very long time even on real hardware and continuosly loading savestates simulates exactly such situation easy to imagine even minor issue could accumulate to serious problem when playing 98% of a very long game without breaks:].

Yeah. I know about the savestates. Usually I rely on the save actual save data rather than the savestates. But that doesn't seem to be it. I can basically confirm it's the save data with the missing info.

(05-02-2017 03:41 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  Also just in case - if you used cheats, doesn't matter if they worked or not, your game could be broken, which if you're unlucky could even affect savedata. That's because most cheats made for psp simply speaking sucks. There were whole weird dramas around it like "patapon 3 infection" which people made stories about game anti-cheat breaking their games or hackers infecting them, and all it was just a dumb badly made cheats. If by chance a cheat broke your savedata you might be out of luck:|, but more commonly bad cheats only brake current memory state, restart and reload from normal savedata after disabling all cheats would in most cases help.:]

I haven't thought about that. Will try and report back with me findings. Will also try the untranslated version as recommended as well.

Will let you guys know.

Thanks for the assist.

EDIT: Update as of 05 May, yeah, me save game is gone. Neither switching off the cheats nor loading the untranslated version of the game works for me. Sigh. Sad
05-04-2017, 08:42 PM
If you want to make sure if it's really a savedata problem you can check some from gamefaqs. It still could be an emulation issue, there aren't any known with this game, but not everyday someone plays a game from start to finish and many people who do are just too shy to report errors.:]

To be optimistic through, 98% means you finished most of what was to be done there:3.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
05-10-2017, 03:52 PM
I left a couple of units still locked. But yes, did complete the game many times over. Lol.
06-05-2017, 12:58 AM
Graphic Glitches with Sd Gundam G Generations Overworld on android
I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S8 playing this game on the latest version,but I'm getting a lot of graphic glitches. I don't know if it's my phone or the app. Can anyone help, I'm using PPSSPP 1.4.4

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)