Thread Rating:
  • 15 Votes - 4.33 Average
Final Fantasy Type-0
10-27-2017, 05:47 AM
RE: Final Fantasy Type-0
android version at chapter 6. the game stop at the bridge when your about to select a character to defend.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2018, 01:40 PM
I'm using the english patched merged iso and i got problems regarding cutscenes. Some FMV cutscenes are black, but skippable. Most non-FMV cutscenes (the ones with no voiceovers) seemingly skips dialogs very fast. I used to play this iso on my psp and all cutscenes works fine so i'm pretty sure it's not an iso problem.

Btw, I'm using the latest version (1.5.4) and happens to both PC (32-bit) and android.
02-16-2018, 04:21 PM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2018 04:23 PM by sephiroth69.)
I got blackscreen in all of the cutscenes when I used the latest version but when I tested on the previous version, the cutscenes is work amazingly.

Blackscreen: 1.5.4
Work: 1.3 and 1.4

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

05-25-2018, 02:49 PM
(02-16-2018 04:21 PM)sephiroth69 Wrote:  I got blackscreen in all of the cutscenes when I used the latest version but when I tested on the previous version, the cutscenes is work amazingly.

Blackscreen: 1.5.4
Work: 1.3 and 1.4

Update PPSSPP latest git build & try again. Smile
https://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-27-2018, 01:30 AM
Ah yes, that's been fixed in 1.6 and the latest git builds.

-[Unknown]
07-23-2018, 05:49 PM
why when i active option fast memory this game become force close??
im use version 1.5.4
07-24-2018, 02:09 AM
(07-23-2018 05:49 PM)Hidayat077 Wrote:  why when i active option fast memory this game become force close??
im use version 1.5.4

Because it is unstable. Many games do not like that option still.

Everything is Hitsuzen!
12-16-2018, 02:31 PM
Graphical glitch with latest git build (v1.7.1-271).
- Huawei P9+ (Kirin 955, Mali-T880, Android 7)
- Default settings. happen in OpenGL only, Vulkan is look fine.

[Image: Screenshot-20181216-023308.jpg]
12-16-2018, 03:32 PM
What's the most recent git build that didn't have the glitch?

-[Unknown]
12-22-2018, 12:17 AM
Update to Oreo fixed this issue, maybe cause by driver bug.
05-21-2019, 01:31 AM (This post was last modified: 05-21-2019 01:32 AM by zertiio.)
do u have slove for proplem at chap 6 ff type 0. i am on ur proplem now and can't do anything

Posted by scar-light[aya] - 10-27-2017 05:47 AMandroid version at chapter 6. the game stop at the bridge when your about to select a character to defend.
05-21-2019, 09:30 AM
Game freezing on the bridge is a problem which happens to people who play the game in multiplayer mode without connecting to the server. It can be solved by running a local server, however if you didn't know about it, you're most likely playing the game for the first time in which case you should disable multiplayer instead(it can be done in options or selected before mission, but you'll likely have to restart the mission you're currently in).
Multiplayer is optimized for gameplay between people who already know the game and as such it removes most cutscenes and some other things from the game making it very shallow, story-less and speed-runny experience.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
02-20-2021, 12:01 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2021 01:03 PM by DAOWAce.)
So I see there was an issue mentioned back in 2013/2014 about stick figure shadows (white shadows, or blank characters).. well that issue still exists in some form today.

[Image: 90l45hE.png]

[Image: ytcVTT0.jpg]

Testing things out, I found the "Lower resolution for effects" setting will 'fix' this, but makes shadows look like native res, aka extremely blocky and low-res; really bad in motion. (Not sure what else it affects)

[Image: ym1TYCg.jpg]

Additionally, there's this ghosting halo around character models, which you can faintly see on the right of the character in those screenshots.

The only way I've found to 'fix' that ghosting, and subsequently the shadows, is to disabled buffered effects, which basically ruins the rendering:

I'm pretty surprised there's still rendering issues in this game after all these years.
Even the 60FPS patch has a bunch of issues... though I guess 60FPS with bugs is still better than the atrocious "HD" release capped to 30FPS and nobody's found a way to mod it after 5+ years.

EDIT: Turns out, running in Vulkan seems to fix the shadows for some reason. Any other API will have stick figures.

I also discovered that the ghosting effect was from the Bloom shader I was using. Really a shame, makes the game look a lot better (more like the HD release), but that ghosting extends to the text and is a nightmare to look at.

Also, with the 60FPS mod, I've run into cases where the AI completely breaks and stops moving, or even worse, becomes unhittable (can still target and attack, but nothing registers). You're effectively softlocked unless you have a teleport stone to leave the battle. iframes also seem to be reduced or attack hitboxes are faster or something (like FF7: Crisis Core). 60FPS is great, but, these bugs are a real problem that really degrade gameplay... though it's still better to suffer them than 30FPS in my eyes. Really a case of "pick your poison".
07-19-2022, 05:02 AM
Can someone please help me? I'm having trouble running Final Fantasy Type-0. When i enter the game and try to start a new game, it stays on the black screen for a long time and then asks if i would like to reset the game or continue... What can i do to fix this?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

11-08-2022, 11:06 AM
Is this game already fix on the ppsspp?? it crashes everytime when you pass the elevator scene on the 1st mission. like I'm waitng for this like 5 years but still no fix or patch is made?