Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 4.31 Average
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable
03-27-2013, 05:22 AM
RE: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3
Well, as for me, I've got a 10.1" tablet, so I don't cover this map anyway, but still...I just want to enjoy it to the fullest, so I'll wait.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-2013, 07:46 AM
(03-09-2013 09:05 AM)Cantant Wrote:  If u mean that u can't see the UI in combat(which actually should be there on the black background), that would be strange except for the first combat scene on the rooftop where Yui is doing all the fighting(she da MAAAN) and u just sit back and watch, crunching your chips behind her back.
And the only map visible in the dungeon is a minimap in the left part of the screen.

If by Yui, you mean Yukari... She freezes up and can't do anything on the roof. You take her Evoker (gun) and summon your own persona (by shooting yourself in the head with it. That's how you summon personas in this game). Your persona then freaks out as another persona tears itself from out of your persona's mouth, kills everything, and turns back into your persona. Then you have to fight two more, but you can control your persona now. End scene.

I don't really understand why they replaced the anime scene from the original. I understand space was an issue... but losing all of the anime scenes as well as the walking around graphics kind of takes away from the game. Although in this case, it would be totally unplayable if the 3D graphics were used in and out of Tartarus. It should be mostly playable in the Tartarus, like people have said. Hard to sneak up on enemies, but you should be able to see the map in the lower left. You don't really need to see the graphics in battle to fight and progress, I'm on floor 196 I believe.
03-27-2013, 08:29 AM
(03-27-2013 07:46 AM)EnkiduV3 Wrote:  If by Yui, you mean Yukari... She freezes up and can't do anything on the roof. You take her Evoker (gun) and summon your own persona (by shooting yourself in the head with it. That's how you summon personas in this game). Your persona then freaks out as another persona tears itself from out of your persona's mouth, kills everything, and turns back into your persona. Then you have to fight two more, but you can control your persona now. End scene.
Yup, sorry, it's Yukari. Just didn't play this part before, it got dark, so...didn't see it. Anyways you just not in control at that moment.

BTW there's been a minor improvement in the recent build: the 2-d scenes are now properly-scaled. What I mean is all those overhead exclamation and question marks aren't too big to fit the picture anymore.
03-27-2013, 01:26 PM
(03-27-2013 07:46 AM)EnkiduV3 Wrote:  
(03-09-2013 09:05 AM)Cantant Wrote:  If u mean that u can't see the UI in combat(which actually should be there on the black background), that would be strange except for the first combat scene on the rooftop where Yui is doing all the fighting(she da MAAAN) and u just sit back and watch, crunching your chips behind her back.
And the only map visible in the dungeon is a minimap in the left part of the screen.

If by Yui, you mean Yukari... She freezes up and can't do anything on the roof. You take her Evoker (gun) and summon your own persona (by shooting yourself in the head with it. That's how you summon personas in this game). Your persona then freaks out as another persona tears itself from out of your persona's mouth, kills everything, and turns back into your persona. Then you have to fight two more, but you can control your persona now. End scene.

I don't really understand why they replaced the anime scene from the original. I understand space was an issue... but losing all of the anime scenes as well as the walking around graphics kind of takes away from the game. Although in this case, it would be totally unplayable if the 3D graphics were used in and out of Tartarus. It should be mostly playable in the Tartarus, like people have said. Hard to sneak up on enemies, but you should be able to see the map in the lower left. You don't really need to see the graphics in battle to fight and progress, I'm on floor 196 I believe.
yeah, we can't see orpheus being ripped apart like on FES Angel
03-27-2013, 05:12 PM
(03-27-2013 07:46 AM)EnkiduV3 Wrote:  
I don't really understand why they replaced the anime scene from the original.
Simple, they would have to redraw them with the new female MC too, and there would probably not be enough room on the UMD.
03-28-2013, 01:01 AM
(03-27-2013 08:29 AM)Cantant Wrote:  BTW there's been a minor improvement in the recent build: the 2-d scenes are now properly-scaled. What I mean is all those overhead exclamation and question marks aren't too big to fit the picture anymore.

I can confirm this is true with 0.7 Rev.277, however it seems Rev.279 broke the still image scenes (such as the before school conversation scenes and visiting the nurse for courage medicine). I get full black screen with sound only. Going back to Rev.277 fixed this, just wanted to give you guys the current best revision to use.
03-29-2013, 09:45 AM
(03-28-2013 01:01 AM)EnkiduV3 Wrote:  
(03-27-2013 08:29 AM)Cantant Wrote:  BTW there's been a minor improvement in the recent build: the 2-d scenes are now properly-scaled. What I mean is all those overhead exclamation and question marks aren't too big to fit the picture anymore.

I can confirm this is true with 0.7 Rev.277, however it seems Rev.279 broke the still image scenes (such as the before school conversation scenes and visiting the nurse for courage medicine). I get full black screen with sound only. Going back to Rev.277 fixed this, just wanted to give you guys the current best revision to use.
Still works for me on Android with the latest build, so check your settings. I have ticked everything except tilt to analog and large controls. 2x render resolution works but is slow and optional.
04-01-2013, 02:04 AM
(03-29-2013 09:45 AM)ssshadow Wrote:  Still works for me on Android with the latest build, so check your settings. I have ticked everything except tilt to analog and large controls. 2x render resolution works but is slow and optional.

The reason that I replied/quoted Cantant was to clarify the revision that I noticed had fixed the music notes/emoticons on the characters. By you doing exactly what he did and saying "latest build", that could mean anything from 0.7 onward. I'm playing on PC and not Android, and I download the newest revision at least once a day. So if you could include your current revision when you say latest build, it would alleviate some confusion. It has since been fixed for me, so I think Rev.299 had a strange bit of code that was fixed immediately. Every update I have had since (current for me is Rev.384) did not have the same problem.
04-01-2013, 05:36 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2013 05:36 AM by Cantant.)
BTW, on my PC, if I don't turn the FPS or a debug info, the FPS seems to go overboard and the game's "blinking" on v315 and v375(I think I've seen some topic about the frame limiter that's somehow off).
04-03-2013, 11:42 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 12:13 AM by Aiueo.)
having the same problem... the black screen

where should i put the settings.ini?
PS: i use the latest version "v0.7-443"

edit: ok, it's still on dev...
LOL
04-07-2013, 08:28 AM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2013 08:28 AM by JumperTwo.)
small regress on r498 , when starting a new game, when you arrive to your room you can't go to sleep (the cursor doesn't seem to find "Bed")
i wanted to test dungeon graphics after unknown's recent changes
04-07-2013, 08:48 AM
Hmm, really? That's strange. Do you know which one it started in?

-[Unknown]
04-07-2013, 08:59 AM
(04-07-2013 08:28 AM)JumperTwo Wrote:  small regress on r498 , when starting a new game, when you arrive to your room you can't go to sleep (the cursor doesn't seem to find "Bed")

tried it now on 7-501, still black..
04-07-2013, 09:09 AM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2013 09:29 AM by JumperTwo.)
(04-07-2013 08:48 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Hmm, really? That's strange. Do you know which one it started in?

-[Unknown]

unfortunately, this is one of the few games that i never test, i'll try to see where it started

edit : ok very strange, but now it works again , tested on r508
edit 2 : i tested again, it was working before as well , seems like i'm very tired..false alarm,sorry everyone.

(04-07-2013 08:59 AM)orangeapple Wrote:  
(04-07-2013 08:28 AM)JumperTwo Wrote:  small regress on r498 , when starting a new game, when you arrive to your room you can't go to sleep (the cursor doesn't seem to find "Bed")

tried it now on 7-501, still black..

can you "go to bed" normally or this doesn't work only for me? (i tested with a new game save file)
edit : nevermind, it was working, i'm just stupid
04-07-2013, 09:26 AM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2013 09:34 AM by ssshadow.)
It works for me on v0.7-508-, so check your settings. You can press R to show symbols on objects you can interact with, and the cursor will snap to these.

3D is still not visible. (https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/746)

[Image: hdFRVml.png]
[Image: pRKMvvo.png]
[Image: fLk9k0f.png]
[Image: O5WXm5m.png]

EDIT: OK, I see that you got it to work. Probably you just pointed the cursor at the pillow or something which doesn't seem to register...