Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Me & My Katamari
02-28-2015, 11:05 AM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2015 11:06 AM by Dopefish69.)
RE: Me & My Katamari
(02-19-2015 12:05 AM)dmfr56 Wrote:  Hi, I'm new, and I need help. Each time I try loading a level it crashes. what should I try doing?

Try disabling I/O on thread, multithread and fast memory to see if that helps, have not ran into crashes using that config.

Graphical corruption now shows only as katamari gets bigger as the picture indicates.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2015, 04:41 PM
Can you try using the GE debugger while it has the wrong graphics?

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/wiki/...E-debugger

-[Unknown]
03-01-2015, 03:43 AM
(02-28-2015 04:41 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Can you try using the GE debugger while it has the wrong graphics?

-[Unknown]

Gotcha, found it, images attached below.

03-01-2015, 05:42 AM
Oh, 0x4288000. That should be a swizzled framebuffer.

If you click Step Draw a bunch, is it ever drawing to 0x0088000? This will show under the larger preview, e.g. "Color: 0x0088000 (960x544) fmt 1". If it is drawing there, the game is trying to copy that to the background (possibly altering it using a palette.) We should be detecting this, I thought...

It would help to see the contents of the Texture tab when it's drawing (when it has the red bars exactly like you have it - I only need to see it for one of the bars) and also what the fmt is (after Color: etc.) when it's drawing to 0x0088000 (if it ever does.)

If it is using a framebuffer/CLUT here, it may be slow. Make sure you have "block transfer" checked, and "disable slower effects" unchecked, and that you're using "buffered rendering".

-[Unknown]
03-01-2015, 07:50 AM
It only goes as far as "Color: 0x00044000 (960x544) fmt 1" attached a few screens of the same element in 0x00044000

Also yes, using simulate block transfer checked, disable slower effects unchecked and using buffered rendering.

08-03-2015, 11:59 AM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2015 12:07 PM by Rtourez.)
Photo katamary draw distance
in latest emulator versions me& my katamarys draw distance is very short, very noticable around the time your'e able to roll up cars. Its not like this on the psp, there was no pop in at all originally (sorry if this is not the right place to post this)

08-03-2015, 03:41 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
08-03-2015, 05:20 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2015 05:27 PM by Rtourez.)
additional info:
noticed it on windows 64 bit.
the glitch appears like a wall in front of the player from which objects emerge, rather than shortened draw distance, and not very noticable on first couple levels.
All settings like hardware transform, buffering modes etc make no difference
also, i think many people may assume that its just psp's draw distance, so id like to repeat that it is not the case, you can see everything on psp

thank you!
09-10-2015, 04:19 AM
Stuck at the naming your Island part.
Also game crashes after the tutorial, unless I use savestate at the point and load, then the game will continue but I then I get stuck at the naming the island part after pressing start.

Any solutions?

I'm using Samsung S5 with the latest version of ppsspp 1.0.1.0
12-21-2015, 04:18 AM
Graphical issue with draw distance still present in latest revision 1.1.1
And game hang up after naming the island unless a savestate is used still present as well
05-08-2016, 05:23 PM (This post was last modified: 05-21-2016 08:02 AM by LunaMoo.)
Just dropping a temporary cwcheat workaround for that glitchy effect which obfuscates most of the view, sometimes even whole screen in some stages:

Code:
_S ULES-00339
_G Me & My Katamari
_C0 Skipdraw glitch
_L 0xE0010000 0x0008CED0
_L 0x2008CED0 0x00001821
_C0 Skipdraw glitch [Disable]
_L 0x2008CED0 0x90830000
use just like any other cheat, activate just the first one, the [disable] code just restores original game functionality as otherwise the cheat would continue to work until the emulation is restarted.
This might cause some unplanned side effects as I was kind of lazy doing it, but finished the whole game fine with it, so well hopefully works for others as well.;3

=================

Also a reminder about another workaround since people apparently don't read previous page, to pass island naming hang, just switch to "read framebuffers to memory" rendering mode after you get that hang and the game will continue like nothing happened. After passing this I would recommend saving the game normally(without using savestates), switching back to buffered rendering and restarting emulation/reloading from normal save since "read framebuffers to memory" modes are very hackish and might cause memory corruption(which includes savestates).
Ended up killing the loop as well:
Code:
_C0 Rename island pass
_L 0xE001FFE4 0x000DD3A8
_L 0x200DD3A8 0x00000000
_C0 Rename island pass [Disable]
_L 0x200DD3A8 0x5440FFE4
I really didn't tested this one much, but likely it's safer than using read framebuffers to memory modes or at least I hope so, need to actually find time to check what exactly triggers a bunch of unfortunate branches which cause that loop.

Edit: Renaming fixed along with photo mode in v1.2.2-521-g50584fe.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
05-18-2016, 09:41 AM (This post was last modified: 05-18-2016 09:42 AM by Rageous.)
(05-08-2016 05:23 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  Just dropping a temporary cwcheat workaround for that glitchy effect which obfuscates most of the view, sometimes even whole screen in some stages:

Code:
_S ULES-00339
_G Me & My Katamari
_C0 Skipdraw glitch
_L 0xE0010000 0x0008CED0
_L 0x2008CED0 0x00001821
_C0 Skipdraw glitch [Disable]
_L 0x2008CED0 0x90830000
use just like any other cheat, activate just the first one, the [disable] code just restores original game functionality as otherwise the cheat would continue to work until the emulation is restarted.
This might cause some unplanned side effects as I was kind of lazy doing it, but finished the whole game fine with it, so well hopefully works for others as well.;3

=================

Also a reminder about another workaround since people apparently don't read previous page, to pass island naming hang, just switch to "read framebuffers to memory" rendering mode after you get that hang and the game will continue like nothing happened. After passing this I would recommend saving the game normally(without using savestates), switching back to buffered rendering and restarting emulation/reloading from normal save since "read framebuffers to memory" modes are very hackish and might cause memory corruption(which includes savestates).

Just a reminder that this cheat only works for European Version...

But seriously though, I really want this graphical bug fixed too.
05-19-2016, 04:14 AM
^ Yeah I done it for game version I have, through it might still be worth trying on non eu versions since games that don't get updated often reuse same executable or at least most of the code unchanged between regions pretty often even when text or other content differs.

If it really doesn't work, then it's still very easy to port those hackish workarounds to another region.

Need any machine which can run windows version of ppsspp(wine might be enough) just open ppsspp disassembly(ctrl+D / debug menu->disassembly) and in top left corner - "Go to" - input box type in:
Code:
and confirm with enter, then press TAB once to show opcodes as hex or to say it in more friendly way - basically tab switches between 1 column and 2 columns of numbers in the main part of disassembly window, make sure there are 2 columns there.

Having done that press ctrl+F(or ctrl+S ~ does same thing) to open a search box and input:
Code:
106001B2
press OK and it should center on a line starting from "beq..." just right click on it and choose "Copy Address", then paste it to any text editor to keep it and without changing anything else open search box again(ctrl+F) this time inputting
Code:
5440FFE4
again after pressing ok it should center on a line this time starting from "bnel..." right click and copy it's address as well and then paste them both into a post here mentioning which version of the game it was.
Hopefully the game code is roughtly the same and those simple instructions will result in valid addresses which will allow me to port the code once I see them:3.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
05-20-2016, 07:54 AM
(05-19-2016 04:14 AM)LunaMoo Wrote:  ^ Yeah I done it for game version I have, through it might still be worth trying on non eu versions since games that don't get updated often reuse same executable or at least most of the code unchanged between regions pretty often even when text or other content differs.

If it really doesn't work, then it's still very easy to port those hackish workarounds to another region.

Need any machine which can run windows version of ppsspp(wine might be enough) just open ppsspp disassembly(ctrl+D / debug menu->disassembly) and in top left corner - "Go to" - input box type in:
Code:
and confirm with enter, then press TAB once to show opcodes as hex or to say it in more friendly way - basically tab switches between 1 column and 2 columns of numbers in the main part of disassembly window, make sure there are 2 columns there.

Having done that press ctrl+F(or ctrl+S ~ does same thing) to open a search box and input:
Code:
106001B2
press OK and it should center on a line starting from "beq..." just right click on it and choose "Copy Address", then paste it to any text editor to keep it and without changing anything else open search box again(ctrl+F) this time inputting
Code:
5440FFE4
again after pressing ok it should center on a line this time starting from "bnel..." right click and copy it's address as well and then paste them both into a post here mentioning which version of the game it was.
Hopefully the game code is roughtly the same and those simple instructions will result in valid addresses which will allow me to port the code once I see them:3.

I have ULUS10094: Me & My Katamari (US version I think) and I got these addresses--> 0888CE80 and 088DD41C

Is that what you needed?
05-20-2016, 08:08 AM (This post was last modified: 05-21-2016 08:00 AM by LunaMoo.)
Well it's very close to EU address, so game wasn't really all that different - hopefully that works for you:
Code:
_S ULUS-10094
_G Me & My Katamari
_C0 Skip glitch
_L 0xE0010000 0x0008CE7C
_L 0x2008CE7C 0x00001821
_C0 Skip glitch [Disable]
_L 0x2008CE7C 0x90830000

Also recommend using latest version from buildbot and updating from time to time since one more bug to this game was just fixed literally hours ago and possibly some others will follow.

Edit:
Removed one of the cheats since another two issues with this game got fixed, from v1.2.2-521-g50584fe only problem left should be the glitchy effect during gameplay, it seems to be the gradient over the horizon, disabling it with cheat doesn't show a difference since camera almost never shows it when not manually pointing it up.