Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why PPSSPP runs fast on decent hardware meanwhile other PSP emus are slow?
07-01-2013, 12:17 AM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2013 12:19 AM by xZabuzax.)
RE: Why PPSSPP runs fast on decent hardware meanwhile other PSP emus are slow?
Geez Nezarn giving up so soon? i would have loved if DragonNeos responded me like that so i could get in fighting mode a bit. The only thing that stopped me from bashing java in this thread is because i don't want to bring a flamewar in here. But it seems that DragonNeos doesn't mind a bit of a fight, right?

(06-30-2013 06:55 PM)DragonNeos Wrote:  If you're going to give a response to his question, you should also explain why PCSP is also slow despite using the same programming language (C++) in a unbiased manner.

Since the other guys already gave you an answer i believe i don't have to respond to this anymore, but i'll add this bit, PCSP is not as optimized as PPSSPP. Once PCSP gets more optimized you can bet that it will be faster than jpcsp.

(06-30-2013 06:55 PM)DragonNeos Wrote:  I wanted Nezarn to give an answer since his response seemed like a typical wise-guy answer like "Since a program is coded in Java, it's obviously going to be slow..." If people are going to respond to questions like this, at least give evidence and details. A response like Nezarn's implies a lack of knowledge and may lead to others being misinformed about JPCSP/Java.

Again, i would have loved to respond to this but you already responded your own question...

--
(06-30-2013 06:55 PM)DragonNeos Wrote:  If you had said that Java is slower than other programming languages because it has to load its own virtual machine (forcing more memory usage), needs all class libraries to be loaded first unlike other languages, etc. such an answer would have sufficed.
--

(06-30-2013 06:55 PM)DragonNeos Wrote:  The way you phrase things makes it sound like any developer/programmer should never want to use Java or any other programming language and should just stick to using C or its variants.

It is a know fact that java is slow (specially for emulators), it's also a fact that jpcsp is slow because it's coded in java and PPSSPP already proved that a well optimized C/C++ will be faster than jpcsp any day.

If PPSSPP and jpcsp have the same compatibility what emu would you choose? the faster one or the slower one? yeah, that's what i thought.

That's java for you.

[CPU]: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz
[GPU]: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 2.0 4GB GDDR5
[PSU]: EVGA SuperNOVA G1 1000W (80 Plus Gold)
[RAM]: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz
[MOBO]: MSI Z97-GAMING 5
[PC CASE]: ENERMAX Ostrog GT (Red)
[CPU FAN]: Cooler Master: Hyper 212 EVO
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why PPSSPP runs fast on decent hardware meanwhile other PSP emus are slow? - xZabuzax - 07-01-2013 12:17 AM