Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Crashing more as you play
03-01-2014, 01:38 PM
Crashing more as you play
Hello there,

I just wanted to tell you guys about something I experienced today. I used the Google Play version of PPSSPP, playing on Android, and in the morning everything was fine, all my settings etc didn't affect anything.

I'm a little ashamed to say, but I got a little addicted and played basically all day. As I played more and more through the day, crashes started happening more and more frequently.

First it was every two hours, then hour, then half hour, then more and more intermittent until it happened every minute or more.

This isn't game specific as it occured in several games I tested by the end of the day (with the minute crashes).

I've tried turning off experimental features, everything.

It just seems to accumulate some sort of issue over time of play, causing the game to ultimately crash constantly/consistently. Perhaps the majority of people don't notice or realise this because they don't just sit there all day playing like I did.

Unfortunately I cannot create/gather logs as I haven't rooted my phone yet. But just wanted to let you guys know.

Also, really love the app. Thank you very much for developing it!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2014, 01:41 PM
RE: Crashing more as you play
(03-01-2014 01:38 PM)xiiilence Wrote:  Hello there,

I just wanted to tell you guys about something I experienced today. I used the Google Play version of PPSSPP, playing on Android, and in the morning everything was fine, all my settings etc didn't affect anything.

I'm a little ashamed to say, but I got a little addicted and played basically all day. As I played more and more through the day, crashes started happening more and more frequently.

First it was every two hours, then hour, then half hour, then more and more intermittent until it happened every minute or more.

This isn't game specific as it occured in several games I tested by the end of the day (with the minute crashes).

I've tried turning off experimental features, everything.

It just seems to accumulate some sort of issue over time of play, causing the game to ultimately crash constantly/consistently. Perhaps the majority of people don't notice or realise this because they don't just sit there all day playing like I did.

Unfortunately I cannot create/gather logs as I haven't rooted my phone yet. But just wanted to let you guys know.

Also, really love the app. Thank you very much for developing it!

I can tell you this is not the case for either all builds and or devices. I played and finished ff4 complete collection while grinding for all the rares in both 4 and the after years, and if you don't know that takes a looonnnng time. For the most part I was playing from anywhere from 2 to 12 hours per session on my ouya and all my crashes happened during a tent cabin use. Tho this could be semi linked to what you said (2 hours,1,1/2 etc.), It still required a trigger I had to use a tent or cabin.
03-09-2014, 05:38 PM
/moved
03-09-2014, 06:10 PM
That's really strange. Could it be some overheating issue with your device? Did you see crashes in native Android games (heavy ones) or just in PPSSPP?