Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4 Average
[Tutorial] Simple way to play multiplayer using Tunngle
02-27-2014, 08:35 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2014 08:02 AM by vnctdj.)
Exclamation [Tutorial] Simple way to play multiplayer using Tunngle
Edit by vnctdj : barbanium has made an up-to-date tutorial for playing multiplayer using Tunngle, this one is now outdated...
Here is the new tutorial >> http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=12714 << Wink

Edit by vnctdj : This tutorial is valid for all games, not only for MHP3rd HD.

I've seen many tutorials that are incomplete and/or walls of text or way too confusing.

Since this awesome emulator is free and it works flawless I thought I'd contribute by making this, so without further delay here we go:

Things that you need:

1. PPSSPP Emulator ( currently using 9.7.2 )
2. Adhoc pro
3. Tunngle ( you can use any other but I prefer tunngle over evolve and hamachi, since hamachi derps on your connection and evolve because its private room based )
4. MHP3rdHD ( I wont link this one so you're going to have to find it yourself )

How to set up:

-1. First you need to download/install tunngle and register, once you log in you search for monster hunter and join the room ( *Important* You and your friends need to join the same room i.e Monster Hunter )

[Image: ehOB04R.png]

Lets break down what we have here:

1. The bar where you search for the Monster Hunter room

2. The Monster Hunter room that you and your friends need to join

3. Port status

4. Hovering over 3 ( port status ) it says its closed but as long as the smiley on 3 is not red it will work.

-2. Once you join the Monster Hunter room you will get your Virtual IP

[Image: 98mhpGY.png]

With this you are done with the Tunngle part, lets move on.

-3. Now we need to set up the emulator to connect with tunngle

Windows 7/8 users: go to start search for cmd and hit enter
Windows XP users: go to start > run > cmd and hit enter

once its open type ipconfig /all and find your mac address in the line where your IP is from your ethernet adapter ( the MAC address is labeled physical address )

[Image: hpxUN0k.png]

Lets break down all the arrows again:

1. This is my ethernet adapter ( you look for the one that has your IPv4 address which in my case is 192.168.0.100, this is not important but this is how you find the mac address the easiest )

2. This is what we're looking for this is your MAC address ( it is used to identify your pc on the adhoc [ I'll add about this a little at the end of the post in the FAQ] )

3. Its the Virtual tunngle IP

4. First off about the ppsspp.ini, its located in the emulator folder ppsspp 9.7.2\memstick\PSP\SYSTEM ( *NOTE* the ppsspp 9.7.2 before \memstick is the folder of my emulator and may not be the same name for you ).
Once you open the ppsspp.ini find the line proAdhocServer and type in there your Tunggle virtual IP

5. This is where you type in your mac/physical address (*IMPORTANT* D8:50:E6:55:21:8D <- CORRECT, D8-50-E6-55-21-8D <- WRONG )

6. This is the nickname of your emulator ( I prefer to change it )

-4. Now we need to configure the emulator itself

[Image: vWHpUJH.png]

Break down time:

1. This needs to be turned off ( its causing the emulator to crash when there are 3-4 people trying to join )

2. The clock speed default is 0 which means that the emulator works with 333MHz I set it to 1000 MHz

-5. Set the alternate speed to 25%

[Image: c4ja.png]

Now you're good to go!!!

When playing together, as the quest leader embarks the quest you slow down the emulation till it says " beginning quest " at this point you can set the speed to normal again and it will work flawlessly.

[Image: 1026070_10203210694298166_793114261_o.jpg]

FAQ

Q: 3 of us are in the guild hall and the 4th can't enter says his emulator freezes as soon as he attempts to join the hall, why?
A: This is why the physical/mac address is important, if someone else has the same MAC address in the hall like someone who is trying to join this will happen. Changing the mac address to something else will fix it

Q: But can I change the mac address to something else than my ethernet adapters mac address?
A: Of course, the mac address you enter in the ppsspp.ini is there just for unique identification of the emulator, that why when 2 with the same mac address want to join the adhoc think its the same emulator twice and simply doesn't allow it

Q: Why can't I join the adhoc server it says something is wrong with some packet
A: Its the mac address you mostly typed - instead of : in the address.

If you have any further questions feel free to ask. I'll try to keep this updated as a simple non confusing guide.

*IMPORTANT* the game may keep dropping people after everything is set up correctly, to fix this turn off your firewall.
Find all posts by this user
02-27-2014, 12:42 PM
RE: [TUTORIAL] Simple way to play MH3rdHD with 2,3,4 players
i already did all the tutorial and next to how make my friend join?
02-27-2014, 01:31 PM
RE: [Tutorial] Simple way to play multiplayer using Tunngle
This is definitely a good tutorial, thank you Smile

Moreover, this tutorial is valid for all games, not only MHP3rd HD, therefore I will edit its title Wink

Thread stuck.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
02-27-2014, 03:31 PM
Very nice, can you own tutorial for Evolve ?

What is better programm for better low ping ? I don't use Hamachi or other, I use my IP Dynamic (with port open) and I send my real IP but only for my friends real because I don't want the people attack my internet.

Primary Computer: [CPU] i5 2500, [CG] GTX 560 Ti, 8 GB RAM, W7 x64
Second Laptop: [CPU] Intel Atom N270, 1 GB RAM, WinXP SP3
Phone: ZenFone 2 ZE550ML
02-27-2014, 05:55 PM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2014 05:58 PM by Raily187.)
(02-27-2014 12:42 PM)shikigame12 Wrote:  i already did all the tutorial and next to how make my friend join?

Your friend only has to edit his ppsspp.ini and put your virtual IP in there and be in the same tunngle room with you.

(02-27-2014 03:31 PM)GuenosNoLife Wrote:  Very nice, can you own tutorial for Evolve ?

What is better programm for better low ping ? I don't use Hamachi or other, I use my IP Dynamic (with port open) and I send my real IP but only for my friends real because I don't want the people attack my internet.

I strongly recommend tunngle, it gives you a static virtual IP which cannot be DoSed if that's what you're afraid about.

With evolve its the same thing you do everything like in this tutorial but with the difference that you create in evolve the private room thing and use that IP to set in your and your friends ppsspp.ini instead of tunngle.
02-28-2014, 04:43 AM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2014 05:32 AM by shikigame12.)
is it okay if we use ppsspp 0.9.6 version?

is its okay in MHFU?
or just only for monster hunter portable 3rD?

we use 0.9.6 version of {ppsspp}
we play MHFU
when we played 3 players there is a problem
only 2 player and the other 1 has been crash

can you help me about this we already follow all instructions

sorry its wrong grammar
02-28-2014, 07:06 AM
(02-28-2014 04:43 AM)shikigame12 Wrote:  is it okay if we use ppsspp 0.9.6 version?

is its okay in MHFU?
or just only for monster hunter portable 3rD?

we use 0.9.6 version of {ppsspp}
we play MHFU
when we played 3 players there is a problem
only 2 player and the other 1 has been crash

can you help me about this we already follow all instructions

sorry its wrong grammar
Go to settings,and disable(untick) Fast Memory

My "ultimate" weapon
Aspire4730z
-Intel® Pentium® Processor T3400(2.16GHz,667MHz,1MB L2cache)
-Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 4500M
-3GB DDR2
02-28-2014, 04:48 PM
Does it work with more games? Actually, i only care about dissidia 012 final fantasy, can i play with a friend(different PCs, different WLANs and houses) multiplayer with this tutorial?
02-28-2014, 11:44 PM
(02-28-2014 04:48 PM)OverdiveKill Wrote:  Does it work with more games? Actually, i only care about dissidia 012 final fantasy, can i play with a friend(different PCs, different WLANs and houses) multiplayer with this tutorial?

Yes, all you need to do is follow the tunngle steps, your friend should do the same. Whoever is hosting with adhoc his tunngle IP has to be set in the ppsspp.ini

on a sidenote you don't have to use the monster hunter room for monster hunter. You can use any room as long as both of you are in the same one so dissidia should work perfectly fine in the monster hunter room, the room is only there to link you two together in the virtual lan network
03-01-2014, 10:45 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2014 01:05 AM by gondracorn.)
Tungle fails to do anything when I start up the program, and I followed all the trouble shooting steps! What other alternatives do I have besides the derped program and the private program? (I don't even know what derped means?)

What's going on is I open the program, and It tells Error 4-102: Could not find the Tunngle service!, and it shouldn't, because I have everything enabled!
03-02-2014, 06:40 AM
(03-01-2014 10:45 PM)gondracorn Wrote:  Tungle fails to do anything when I start up the program, and I followed all the trouble shooting steps! What other alternatives do I have besides the derped program and the private program? (I don't even know what derped means?)

What's going on is I open the program, and It tells Error 4-102: Could not find the Tunngle service!, and it shouldn't, because I have everything enabled!

I had the same thing, first make sure you installed the tunngle adapter when it asked to ( ignore the tunngle gadget you just need the adapter ), second if that's installed do as follows:

Windows XP: start > run > services.msc
Windows 7/8: start > services.msc
Find TunngleService go to properties and set it to manual

Service.msc picture

And with derp I meant that it sometimes messes your internet connection up and your internet breaks down so you have to restart your pc ( *NOTE* pc restart not modem/tp-link restart due to hamachi messing with your ethernet adapters )

If you can't get it to work you can go with Evolve instead of tunngle
03-02-2014, 09:42 AM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2014 10:38 AM by qojqva.)
(02-28-2014 11:44 PM)Raily187 Wrote:  
(02-28-2014 04:48 PM)OverdiveKill Wrote:  Does it work with more games? Actually, i only care about dissidia 012 final fantasy, can i play with a friend(different PCs, different WLANs and houses) multiplayer with this tutorial?

Yes, all you need to do is follow the tunngle steps, your friend should do the same. Whoever is hosting with adhoc his tunngle IP has to be set in the ppsspp.ini

on a sidenote you don't have to use the monster hunter room for monster hunter. You can use any room as long as both of you are in the same one so dissidia should work perfectly fine in the monster hunter room, the room is only there to link you two together in the virtual lan network

has it been fully tested already using dissidia 012?
03-04-2014, 12:11 PM
With vnctdj and 2 friends, we trying to play Monster Hunter Freedom Unite together with the 9.7.2v. Here is the result :

[Image: 1393938373068179000.png]
Voir l'image en grand
[Image: 1393938564011676900.png]
Voir l'image en grand

thanks all for this !!!
03-04-2014, 03:07 PM
+1 ! Smile

I would like to thank Mizalie for his tip which consist in disabling "Fast Memory" Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
03-04-2014, 06:54 PM
(03-04-2014 03:07 PM)vnctdj Wrote:  +1 ! Smile

I would like to thank Mizalie for his tip which consist in disabling "Fast Memory" Smile

Its also in the tutorial but hey none looks at the pictures anyways
Thread Closed