Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Half-Minute Hero
02-10-2013, 03:35 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2013 02:59 PM by vnctdj.)
Half-Minute Hero
Title: Half-Minute Hero
Region: USA
Format: .cso
Version: v0.6-309-g801470c
Device: Android
Compatibility: Fully playable, just press X face button a few times when running and you'll reach the main menu. Game is fully playable, but the graphics have spasms sometimes. i.e. some of the buildings on the world map will follow you for a couple of seconds, some sprites will turn black for a second then turn back, the screen will flicker every now and then, but none of these infringe upon the playability.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2013, 05:01 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2013 05:05 PM by [Unknown].)
RE: Half-Minute Hero [Git 309]
Those are vertex cache bugs. I'm gonna try to take a stab at that today maybe.

Pretty neat this game is working. FWIW, the sequel seems to work (didn't really play it) too.

Edit: tried it again, when it goes in game it dies with dispatching suspended (the sequel.) Bugger.

-[Unknown]
02-10-2013, 05:29 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2013 05:52 PM by EvilKingStan.)
(02-10-2013 05:01 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Those are vertex cache bugs. I'm gonna try to take a stab at that today maybe.

Pretty neat this game is working. FWIW, the sequel seems to work (didn't really play it) too.

Edit: tried it again, when it goes in game it dies with dispatching suspended (the sequel.) Bugger.

-[Unknown]

There's a sequel? I could have sworn it was cancelled because the first one didn't have good sales. Do you know anywhere I could buy that?

EDIT: I tried turning off vertex cache and that does fix all the bugs, and miraculously the game still runs full speed on android. (For me at least the game would be completely destroyed if it didn't.) Also fixes a bug in Mimana Iyar, but doesn't ix more severe graphics bugs. Like the graphics in Felghana being bloated, the ghost-images in Mortal Kombat, the info boxes and menus in Phantom Brave being bloated to the point of being unusable. Things like that. It seems that most of the seriously broken graphics are just because the image is being rendered too largely. Like in Final Fantasy 20th anniversary, You only see a quarter of your character sprite, but it takes up the entire space where the character should be. Read somewhere else Henrik said it was because frame buffer-texture wasn't complete yet. But you probably knew that.
02-10-2013, 05:58 PM
Yuusha 30 Second, but it never got translated. That could change if you know someone interested with good Japanese skills... the format of the text is relatively simple. I think someone else was messing with it, but they were gearing for just a community tl iirc.

Right, there are still a few issues with that, but some games are showing things they weren't before.

-[Unknown]
02-10-2013, 06:19 PM
(02-10-2013 05:58 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Yuusha 30 Second, but it never got translated. That could change if you know someone interested with good Japanese skills... the format of the text is relatively simple. I think someone else was messing with it, but they were gearing for just a community tl iirc.

Right, there are still a few issues with that, but some games are showing things they weren't before.

-[Unknown]

This is the closest thing I found to a translation. http://hmh2translation.kumodori.com/about.html
Although it seems like the only people interested have no clue how to even go about doing this. Darn.

Yeah, I know it'll be much better when finished. After framebuffer was merged text on the scrolls in Kizuna Drive started showing, and a few games even seem to run a bit faster since that update.
02-10-2013, 06:36 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2013 07:50 PM by cloud1250000.)
oh this is one of those game I was hoping to get on my phone ahah

Good to see that it finally runs on ppsspp

edit:

Finally... this game isn't working on my phone ahah like fate extra and every extend extra xD

edit 2:

nvm this games works Wink I've forgot to update ppsspp ahah

Hey everybody, tired of the way games are reported here? look here ->> http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5901

--Current Mobile device--
Htc one, Xplay, Walkman z, Samsung ace IIx (crap)

--Current Computer--
1x (e8200, shitty ram (3go), 9600gt)
1x (e6750, better ram (2go), no video card)
1x (i5-3210M, ram (4Go),650M)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-15-2013, 10:11 AM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2013 08:59 AM by livisor.)
Half-Minute Hero
Title: Half-Minute Hero - ULES01359
Genre: Real-Time Strategy/Action RPG/Shoot 'em up
Region: EU
Format: ISO
Version: v0.7.0
Compatibility: Playable
Notes: Missing music, some graphic glitches. Nearly Perfect.

Played on Nokia 603 FP2 .

03-15-2013, 08:12 PM
RE: Half-Minute Hero [Symbian] [v0.7.0] [Playable]
(03-15-2013 10:11 AM)sykry Wrote:  Title: Half-Minute Hero - ULES01359
Genre: Real-Time Strategy/Action RPG/Shoot 'em up
Region: EU
Format: ISO
Version: v0.7.0
Compatibility: Playable
Notes: Missing music, some graphic glitches. Nearly Perfect.

Played on Nokia 603 FP2 .

Already a thread for this game. Also, turn off buffered rendering and hardware transform to fix graphics.
03-22-2013, 10:51 AM
RE: Half-Minute Hero
Hi everyone !

I'm having issues with this game on my Xperia Play -> in fact, the game doesn't start at all, I've got a black screen and nothing more (no FPS displayed, no loading screen...) so I was wondering if any Android user managed to have it running properly ? By the way, I've tried some settings change, but still nothing...

The other point being that I can't find 2 versions of this game with the same size (first one I tried was like 97.14 Mo, and I tried another one wich was 124.44 Mo) but still, none of these works... And by the way, both were CSO files, don't know if it's related.

And FYI, and before anyone tells me there's another thread, I'm posting in this one because it's linked with the "compatibility list" thread while the other one isn't ^^

Thanks in advance for any answer you could give me, loved this game when I was playing it on my old PSP !

(And excuse my english, it's not my native language)
03-22-2013, 11:19 AM
(03-22-2013 10:51 AM)alucard51 Wrote:  Hi everyone !

I'm having issues with this game on my Xperia Play -> in fact, the game doesn't start at all, I've got a black screen and nothing more (no FPS displayed, no loading screen...) so I was wondering if any Android user managed to have it running properly ? By the way, I've tried some settings change, but still nothing...

The other point being that I can't find 2 versions of this game with the same size (first one I tried was like 97.14 Mo, and I tried another one wich was 124.44 Mo) but still, none of these works... And by the way, both were CSO files, don't know if it's related.

And FYI, and before anyone tells me there's another thread, I'm posting in this one because it's linked with the "compatibility list" thread while the other one isn't ^^

Thanks in advance for any answer you could give me, loved this game when I was playing it on my old PSP !

(And excuse my english, it's not my native language)

Try pressing X few times when black screen appears
03-22-2013, 03:51 PM
(03-22-2013 11:19 AM)sykry Wrote:  
(03-22-2013 10:51 AM)alucard51 Wrote:  Hi everyone !

Bla bla bla... me whining about the game not starting properly

Try pressing X few times when black screen appears

Wow...

Well, problem solved. Thanks dude ! Works at 100%, awesome !
03-23-2013, 04:23 PM
I test korean,chinese,usa versions and it almost same.
06-24-2013, 06:13 PM
Half Minute Hero
Another game to put on playable showcase Big Grin

tested on a:Sony xperia u android 4.1
Dumped On:EmuParadise

The game works great i posted this after played the game the only
bug that i see its the menu flickering then there are another game to playable listBig Grin.
06-24-2013, 07:38 PM
RE: Half Minute Hero
(06-24-2013 06:13 PM)X-Master Wrote:  Another game to put on playable showcase Big Grin

tested on a:Sony xperia u android 4.1
Dumped On:EmuParadise

The game works great i posted this after played the game the only
bug that i see its the menu flickering then there are another game to playable listBig Grin.

1) There's already a couple of threads for this game.
2) To fix the flickering turn off Hardware Transform and Vertex Cache.
06-25-2013, 06:17 AM
RE: Half Minute Hero
Vertex Cache is your man for flickering in this game.

-[Unknown]