Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ubuntu + wired USB sixaxis: failure to map
02-19-2014, 05:16 AM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2014 05:18 AM by Procyon.)
Ubuntu + wired USB sixaxis: failure to map
Hello, I searched around on the forums to see if this has been address before, but I couldn't find anything. I'm running Ubuntu 13.10 (amd64), and I just built v0.9.7.2-32 tonight. Everything is working fantastic except for trying to assign controls to my sixaxis (connected via USB). Any attempt to click on something and remap it results in that item instantly being mapped to "pad.X Axis-" no matter what I press or hold down. I'm not even given a chance to enter anything. I have tested the stick out on both my PS3 and in jstest-gtk, and everything seems to be working fine, with the noted exception that Axis 11 never fires up in jstest, but that appears to be a common issue. Regardless, I have no problem remapping and using the sixaxis in SDL MAME. Can anyone shed any light on this issue? Would I be better off switching to a PS2 stick with an adapter? Much appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2014, 12:49 PM
RE: Ubuntu + wired USB sixaxis: failure to map
I want to second this. I'm using 64-bit Arch Linux with a USB wired PS3 controller. It appears the config detects the 'motion' axis as its X-axis which makes it impossible to configure. If I start the game, I can make the character turn side to side by shaking the remote. dolphin-emu detects the axis properly: 0-axis is left and right on the left thumbstick, and 1-axis is up and down on the left thumbstick.

I got around this by using antimicro to map keyboard keys to the gamepad buttons and disabling the pad entries in ppsspp, but I would much rather have full analog support.
03-28-2014, 03:55 PM
RE: Ubuntu + wired USB sixaxis: failure to map
this patch works for me:

github.com/tjhayasaka/ppsspp/commit/69ed995437440c8ba93ee22a0ca55e38100189a6

(insert "https://" on the head)