Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 3.71 Average
Danganronpa Kibou no Gakuen ro Zetsubou no Koukousei (PSP The Best)
07-23-2013, 01:08 AM (This post was last modified: 07-23-2013 10:15 PM by Ambey.)
RE: Danganronpa Kibou no Gakuen ro Zetsubou no Koukousei (PSP The Best)
(07-21-2013 06:57 PM)Wolfhood Wrote:  If you play the game with the option "Beffered Rendering" off, it will run better, but every time you have to investigente or to interecte you must put the option "on", so it can "read" the points to investigate, and then "off" again (use the key F5, its fastter than going to "Options" every time you have to do this) so you can play in the best way posible

Every time I turn buffered rendering on, ppsspp crashes.

Here's the log thing: [Image: NhjPlcm.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-23-2013, 05:56 PM (This post was last modified: 07-23-2013 06:00 PM by Toslowguard6.)
I finally played almost the whole game, except it freezes/crashes always on the same part. I've been playing on build -v0.8.1-399-gb581b73 (x64), and it seems to have the problem on chapter 6 in the data processing room. Right as I discover the whole truth about Monokuma, the screen goes white... Anyone know how to fix that?

(07-23-2013 05:56 PM)Toslowguard6 Wrote:  I finally played almost the whole game, except it freezes/crashes always on the same part. I've been playing on build -v0.8.1-399-gb581b73 (x64), and it seems to have the problem on chapter 6 in the data processing room. Right as I discover the whole truth about Monokuma, the screen goes white... Anyone know how to fix that?
Nevermind, I found out that you have to disable HardwareTransform during that part.
07-24-2013, 12:09 AM
So I just got Dangan Ronpa and Im having the same issue as a lot of people with the crosshairs not working... mainly X just doesnt work. or square... but I tried the fix and it started crashing my ppsspp... so Im not sure what to do... Is there anyway someone can upload like the .ini file for ppsspp-v0.8.1-749-g3139c5f-windows-amd64.... Ive tried over and over to fix it I even downloaded an older version but for some reason this is just killing me e.e; Im normally good with coding too...
07-24-2013, 09:44 PM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2013 09:51 PM by Scarygray.)
Well I got some good news folks!

PPSSPP v0.8.1-759-g697ddfd is working on my system pretty well:
Windows 7 64bits
Asus P8Z77-M
8gb DDR3 1600mhz Vengence
GTX 670
Only using the Read Framesbuffers to Memory(CPU) to True. My Ppsspp is all default less the framesbuffers!

It sometimes get a glitch on words and you have to kind do some tricks, like use safe state, sometimes it fix by self, like using auto it glitch or not, when you open a software it glitch or mb not and when you mini and max!

No problem until chapter 1...
07-25-2013, 03:42 PM
@cheshirekenny - download the 0.8.1-549 for 32 (even if your computer is 64)
2. start up the emulator and exit out of it (not sure if this step is necessary or not)
3. open the .INI file and under [graphics] change 'FramebufferstoMem' to 'true' and 'framebuffersCPUConvert' to 'true' (*note:change them back to false for other games)

I haven't had any problems so far except for the text doing it's glitching thing which is common. I usually just wait it out and the text will change.

Does anyone know if there's an android version in which the crosshair works yet? I heard it's being worked on, but I wanted to know if maybe older versions worked or one has been fixed recently for android. Also is there any possible way to get the .INI file for 0.8.1-549 android version? that's really all I need.
07-25-2013, 09:37 PM
I now have the same problem with SDR2, i tried using the build that worked in the first game, but nothing.
Its the problem with the X, i cant select thing to interact with.
07-26-2013, 01:10 AM
(07-23-2013 01:08 AM)Ambey Wrote:  
(07-21-2013 06:57 PM)Wolfhood Wrote:  If you play the game with the option "Beffered Rendering" off, it will run better, but every time you have to investigente or to interecte you must put the option "on", so it can "read" the points to investigate, and then "off" again (use the key F5, its fastter than going to "Options" every time you have to do this) so you can play in the best way posible

Every time I turn buffered rendering on, ppsspp crashes.

Here's the log thing: [Image: NhjPlcm.png]
I'm with the exact same problem.
Anyone knows how to fix it?
07-26-2013, 03:27 AM
anyone had a problem with crash issue when replaying completed chapters?
07-26-2013, 07:33 PM
(07-25-2013 03:42 PM)abstruseOccultist Wrote:  @cheshirekenny - download the 0.8.1-549 for 32 (even if your computer is 64)
2. start up the emulator and exit out of it (not sure if this step is necessary or not)
3. open the .INI file and under [graphics] change 'FramebufferstoMem' to 'true' and 'framebuffersCPUConvert' to 'true' (*note:change them back to false for other games)

I haven't had any problems so far except for the text doing it's glitching thing which is common. I usually just wait it out and the text will change.

Does anyone know if there's an android version in which the crosshair works yet? I heard it's being worked on, but I wanted to know if maybe older versions worked or one has been fixed recently for android. Also is there any possible way to get the .INI file for 0.8.1-549 android version? that's really all I need.

where can i download that version?
i have done the same thing with other version(forget which one) but the crosshair sometimes hit different object when clicked, is that version fix this problem?
07-27-2013, 04:52 PM
so far I haven't had that problem with objects. it has switched some characters though. like I'd click oowada and it'd tell me what someone else said and vice versa, but since they're all in the same room and I get the info anyways I just let it go.

and you can get that version either by scrolling all the way down on the download page (sometimes it shows, sometime it doesn't) or if you Google ppsspp 0.8.1-549 it should take you to a list with all of the versions.
07-28-2013, 12:27 PM
The Android version works but when you are investigating you fairly regularly have to switch your graphics mode to Read Framebuffers to properly investigate certain points. And in the case of my Note 2, you pretty much have to do that and then immediately switch back the mode to Buffered Rendering b/c otherwise it's too slow. Might be a different story for a more powerful tablet or the S4.
07-28-2013, 01:46 PM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2013 01:46 PM by solarmystic.)
(07-28-2013 12:27 PM)HitBattousai Wrote:  The Android version works but when you are investigating you fairly regularly have to switch your graphics mode to Read Framebuffers to properly investigate certain points. And in the case of my Note 2, you pretty much have to do that and then immediately switch back the mode to Buffered Rendering b/c otherwise it's too slow. Might be a different story for a more powerful tablet or the S4.

Try using frameskipping together with the Read Framebuffers option. It should help, since raven02 already decoupled it from the default, so set it to 3 or 4.

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
07-28-2013, 02:08 PM
(07-27-2013 04:52 PM)abstruseOccultist Wrote:  so far I haven't had that problem with objects. it has switched some characters though. like I'd click oowada and it'd tell me what someone else said and vice versa, but since they're all in the same room and I get the info anyways I just let it go.

and you can get that version either by scrolling all the way down on the download page (sometimes it shows, sometime it doesn't) or if you Google ppsspp 0.8.1-549 it should take you to a list with all of the versions.

i have scroll down the download page but i can't find it, it seems to be buried since the earliest version currently in download page is 0.8.8xx

in google, most of them are forum just like this one, contain reports of what game works in what version, but no download link

btw yesterday i have downloaded the v0.8.1.788, it works fine until i tired and decide to save, stop playing and turn off my ppsspp, i did this in ch2 after i accompany fukawa to library.
the first problem is after i load the game, i can't go to other area, whenever i enter a door my ppsspp stop working.
second problem, i try to load another saved game(earlier saved game), but they also stuck, but in various ways, for example i try to load at the beginning of ch2, i can't get out of my room, i can't observe anything, whenever i click the object, naegi just say "...................."

so my conclusion right now is that this game must be played in one go, no save game
as for the save game method i use, i use the game's save game function, not ppsspp save state

if anyone can help, please help me
thx
07-28-2013, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the advice. It is still not fast but is improved enough that it's at least negotiable during investigation. It actually runs best at a frame skip of 7 for me, lower or higher is slower.
07-29-2013, 06:59 AM
I'm running the latest 32bit build with Mem to CPU selected and after a few minutes my computer screen turns black and does not recover until a reboot. Any ideas?