Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
9.7 doubled the speed for android devices !
02-18-2014, 01:37 AM
9.7 doubled the speed for android devices !
hi guys,
as i said in the title 9.7 makes games on android much faster (or at least me :P ), u all should try it :D
m using 1.2 dual core tablet and now i can play the most waited GoW:GoS at full speed and the tomb raider series now have double the speed of 9.6 (30-35 vs 60-70) and much more games now r more playable :)

sry 4 any mistake
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2014, 08:30 PM
RE: 9.7 doubled the speed for android devices !
I'm not sure about double the speed but I do see a noticeable increase in demanding games like Gundam vs. On a note 3. I'm sure I'm being held back by the snap dragon that people say isn't performing as it should
02-18-2014, 09:26 PM
Perhaps baha2 did not have fast memory turned on in his previous version? The only time I noticed a *massive* increase in performance was when they updated that to be on by default.

I've actually noticed a performance DECREASE on my Galaxy S4. Having more instances of slight lag and audio stutter now. 0.9.6 ran near perfectly for me.
02-19-2014, 01:04 AM
It slowed down the performance on my Galaxy Note 2 a lot..... I now notice stutters & also, frameskipping is a bit choppy.
02-19-2014, 03:04 AM
guys i tried many older versions and i was trying every single option (including fast memory) for every single game to get the best combination of settings for every game
but now w/ 9.7 all the games have huge increase in speed with better graphics Big Grin
even the frameskip now works much better Smile
For curious ppl m running v0.9.7-38-g0ebce17 on a dual core 1.2 arm cortex a9 tablet and powerVR sgx531 and 1g ram
02-19-2014, 03:13 AM
Information RE: 9.7 doubled the speed for android devices !
(02-19-2014 03:04 AM)baha2 Wrote:  guys i tried many older versions and i was trying every single option (including fast memory) for every single game to get the best combination of settings for every game
but now w/ 9.7 all the games have huge increase in speed with better graphics Big Grin
even the frameskip now works much better Smile
For curious ppl m running v0.9.7-38-g0ebce17 on a dual core 1.2 arm cortex a9 tablet and powerVR sgx531 and 1g ram
Does the latest beta build which is: v0.9.7.2-32-g106656f
Is that still giving you better speed on your device?
02-19-2014, 03:59 AM
i dont know dude i only tried v0.9.7-38 from the v0.9.7 series and before i got this i was testing various builds from v0.9.6 series and yeah as i said the new build gave me almost double speed in most games especially god of war which was totally unplayable but now i got 100% speed most the time Big Grin
02-19-2014, 09:37 AM
Really? tell me your configuration please.. I can't play god of war, is very very slow in the menu, the open cutscene play good.. after that.. very slow again..
I have a Galaxy s3, I don't understand how you have that performance, I suppose my galaxy s3 is quadcore, and your tablet dual core..
02-19-2014, 02:55 PM
I had another reply typed up about loss of performance, but I'm just going to start a new thread for it.
02-19-2014, 03:18 PM
(02-19-2014 09:37 AM)gih4024 Wrote:  Really? tell me your configuration please.. I can't play god of war, is very very slow in the menu, the open cutscene play good.. after that.. very slow again..
I have a Galaxy s3, I don't understand how you have that performance, I suppose my galaxy s3 is quadcore, and your tablet dual core..

to improve the performance of god of war gost of sparta on android: buffering on,
time hack on, auto frameskip, sound off
02-19-2014, 06:36 PM
Ah, i tested god of war chain of olympus in the last build
is really playable now with 20-35fps, but for this i have to put Buffering OFF(playable.. but grafics..)
sorry my poor english
02-20-2014, 01:39 AM
for god of war ghost of sparta here is my conf. :buffer 1psp/2 frameskip&set to auto/prevent from exceeding 60 fps/turn every thing on in performance section/every thing turned off in hack settings/fast memory on/multithread on w/ out I/O on thread/cpu clock 60/disable debug logging

with these settings gow runs at fullspeed Big Grin
Even frameskip is on the game does NOT appear choppy or skippy
hope this helped u guys Smile
02-20-2014, 07:08 PM
I play GoW without frameskipping, I hate it. I don't know how the frameskipping is working on GoW now, but on most games it feels like skipping. For me, it's running at a good speed. I don't use any hack, I use the non-buffer rendering mode, in performance settings I only use Mipmapping, Hardware transform, Software skinning and vertex cache. In system I enabled only the fast memory, i/o on thread (enabled by default) and I use the clock at 60. I think nothing else.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
02-20-2014, 07:27 PM
how does tekken 6 run on phones in non-buffering mode ?