Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
Metal gear solid peace walker
09-26-2014, 06:10 PM
RE: Metal gear solid peace walker
(08-12-2014 07:03 AM)BambamCZ Wrote:  tl;dr:We can set up the server just fine and Monster Hunter games work, but in Peace Walker neither of can join hosted game, even if all is set up according to guides.

I have been getting this same issue as you, BambamCZ. Anyone know what is causing this or is there a special way we have to setup Peace Walker?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2014, 04:06 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
10-08-2014, 05:25 PM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2014 06:20 PM by RaidenVersus.)
[ANSWER] How To Play Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker ONLINE ( CO OP / VERSUS )
If you want to play MGSPW ONLINE with friends on internet you gonna need
1) Hamachi ( You can see tutourial in Ad-Hoc Multiplayer menu in this forum )
2) Adhoc Server ( For HOST Only )
3) This part that seem most people skips or don't know. Youll need custom revision for PPSSPP
( I don't know who created this exact revision but all i know that Zinx777 gave a link on some thread on this revision here it is. So my guesses someone used code and programmed and fixed MGSPW and maybee otheres games. Maybee its AdamN custom revision version - v0.9.8-2086-gfb32692 )
32 bit: bit.ly/1w6Gzah
64 bit: bit.ly/1qGDIQO
or tinyurl.com/p6watb9 both 32 and 64.

So after repleacing original files in ppsspp folder there is new option in menu in system called "Enable built-in PRO Adhoc Server" check that and everything works you can join now.
4) You need to download PPSSPP from official site here and than repleace youre files with ones you just had
10-08-2014, 06:56 PM
Merged.

♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
10-08-2014, 07:38 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2014 01:24 AM by RaidenVersus.)
People who want to play Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker ONLINE JOIN Evolve Group INVITE Youre firends ;]
http://www.tinyurl.com/n3jb4ak
10-17-2014, 07:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP3nWVeY...e=youtu.be

Played with EVOLVE Smile
11-15-2014, 12:25 PM
How do you guys make the recruit function work?
11-25-2014, 01:32 PM
Me and my brother can't seem to play this game on LAN. He can't see the missions I host and vice versa. Can anybody help? Sad

We can play games like Monster Hunter Freedom Unite and Portable 3rd just fine. We can see that we are already connected in AdhocProServer since I (the host) can see his IP address already.

Thanks in advance. Big Grin

Maybe it's sorta like the problem in Dissidia? In which either players can't see each other in the lobby even though they can play adhoc through other adhoc compatible games.

P.S. Off-topic: We can't see each other in the lobby in Dissidia either.
12-24-2014, 08:32 PM
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker problems
Hello! Lately I've been trying to get MGS PW's coop to work so I can play with my friend. The problem is, that it doesn't work. He can join the lobby just fine but when we both start mission the screen goes black and we can still hear the menu music. The loading icon isn't showing too. Then after a few seconds an error message pops up. Something along the lines of: "You have been disconnected from the network."
And then it makes us go back to the menu. The interesting thing is that we tried versus ops and it worked perfectly no problems. I'm not sure what the problem is at all but it doesn't seem to be lying in us since versus works but coop does not. Please help, I really wanna play this game with my friend! Sad
12-28-2014, 09:32 AM
Merged.

♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
02-02-2015, 08:39 AM
Join Evolve Group to play MGSPWO on PC!
https://www.evolvehq.com/groups/metal-ge...ker-online
Tutorial, coop partners, Help. Everything there!
02-17-2015, 04:00 AM
Co-op seems to work, but the 2nd player seems to get dropped after some time, and usually in the same exact spots. Not sure why. (using 1.0)
03-24-2015, 01:04 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2015 05:10 PM by tobidac!d.)
Hello, I'm trying to get a wlan connection going on here, at least to recruit soldiers in Soldier Search.

I've followed the steps, and it SEEMS to work at first, upon entering the Recruit Menu, PPSSPP says "network initialized", and AdHocServerPro says "New Connection from (ip), started playing (game id)"

But as soon as I press SOLDIER SEARCH it hangs at the search, and the adhoc program says my IP stopped playing.
Anyone have a similar issue or know what might be goin on?
05-26-2015, 10:12 AM
(03-24-2015 01:04 AM)tobidac!d Wrote:  Hello, I'm trying to get a wlan connection going on here, at least to recruit soldiers in Soldier Search.

I've followed the steps, and it SEEMS to work at first, upon entering the Recruit Menu, PPSSPP says "network initialized", and AdHocServerPro says "New Connection from (ip), started playing (game id)"

But as soon as I press SOLDIER SEARCH it hangs at the search, and the adhoc program says my IP stopped playing.
Anyone have a similar issue or know what might be goin on?

(01-15-2015 08:42 PM)hong620 Wrote:  DiscID: ULUS10509
ImageID: -
Version: v0.9.9.1-1458-g81e0ab4-windows-amd64

little glitch in fonts size and space between letters.

Co-op and Versus-op is working perfectly.
(without any VPN things. Built-in Pro Adhoc server works native IPv4)

just not too much high-pings. at least works untill 300pings, adhoc playable.

but if play like 'AdhocHost<->Client<->Client's in-game Host' are make the lantercy twice.
so if your friends are live in half-across the earth, then choose in-game Host wisly.

but still unplayable errors in Trade functions.

Trade - Connection error when trade list load started.
Host & Client all shows that error messages, but Client's searching is loop infinitly.
so client have to reset the game.

Recuruit - It's already reported, so i don't have to talk more about this.
Just Infinity Search Wireless AP.
(real PSP is stop when nothing AP catch & time-outed)
it will be works when emulate code implant for WLAN far.

seems still some of part of network code are not implented on ppsspp.

i think someone have to check it out.

#EDIT 1 : i just check the Delivery Function, it works just fine.

In-game host from Ad-hoc Server Host is just fine.
but In-game host form ad-hoc Server Client is almost impossible. (Connection Errors)

some of friend can, but some of are can't.

i dunno why this is happening.
but still need more tests from various user environment.

that's the known issue.
check the Peace Walker thread on Compatibility Sub forum.
06-06-2015, 09:25 AM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2015 12:47 PM by stal3.)
Is there any way to make the CO-OP in MGS Peace Walker work? Me and my friend tried literally everything we have found, and nothing works. Even the builds that some people reported to fix the problem, made no difference. Versus Ops works just fine, but when we try to play CO-OP this happens: we can see host's game, join, start the game, and then screen goes black and after a while disconnection error message pops up and that's it. I would've given up by now, but surprisingly some people DO seem to make it work but there is very little info on this. Any ideas?

@EDIT
Problem solved. We used Evolve instead of Tunngle. It works almost perfectly with PPSSPP 1.0.1. Smile