Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ninja Katsugeki: Tenchu San Portable
12-28-2014, 07:14 PM
RE: Tenchu San Portable (Japan)
Please fix this, I can walk through the walls and I dont want to play kurenai because you can't be rikimaru...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-28-2014, 07:44 PM
(12-27-2014 05:44 AM)Trokinos Wrote:  Has someone tested it on recent buildbot version of PPSSPP ? Is it still unplayable with the in-level loadings never completing ?

To answer my question, after managing to test, the game is still not playable, the in-level loading is still stuck.

If a developer needs one, i uploaded a state file just before an in-level loading, simply load that state file and move the character into the room that has the woman walking in it, an in-level loading will then start and will never complete.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gg34t7hfd4ba76...e.zip?dl=0
12-28-2014, 09:58 PM (This post was last modified: 12-28-2014 10:45 PM by Wolfokami321.)
There is no collision ive tried 3 different ***'s and none of them work

I love this game this needs resolved immediately
12-31-2014, 11:32 AM
Same Problem on PPSSPP version 0.9.9.1 Window version
Loading forever in the middle of game
01-03-2015, 01:39 PM
Bump someone really needs to fix both issues, these are very important psp games (this and kurenai).

I placed a complaint on github but was ignored after a few comments.

Issue #7234
01-15-2015, 02:36 AM
Please fix
03-22-2015, 05:15 PM
If it can give any hint about the source of that bug , i noticed on some other board someone mentionning that JPCSP could run Tenchu San Portable.

After giving a try it's right, while JPCSP is much slower than PPSSPP there is no problem with the game suddenly stopping at mid-level at all with it.

On some other boards some people mentionned it could be some kind of copy protection and that PPSSPP could then trigger it while JPCSP would not.

Anyways, it's a pity that what is the best tenchu/ninja stealth game on psp is unplayable with that bug on PPSSPP, it's so much better to play it on a monitor in comparison to the small display of the original psp.
03-23-2015, 03:53 PM (This post was last modified: 03-23-2015 04:05 PM by Trokinos.)
A little update, i noticed on the bug report related to this issue :
https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/7234

That one of the posters mentionned
Quote:I don't see anyone walk through walls play on PC.The loading screen is an atrac3p issue.

I looked around and found that it was previously possible to disable atrac3 but that the option had been removed several versions ago.

I downloaded the old PPSSPP 0.9.1 that had this option
http://ppsspp.org/files/0_9_1/ppsspp_win.zip

And didn't dowloaded the atrac plugin (as it wasn't built-in at the time) and disabled the atrac3 entirely from the option (and disabled sounds in case the lack of atrac3 plugin + enabled sounds would cause more problems)

I then launched Tenchu San and ran into the "eternal loading" at mid-level , meaning that unless the "disable atrac3" option in the game setting menu was doing nothing and there was still atrac3 code running, the bug may not be related to atrac3 .

Looks like the only working Tenchu on PPSSPP is Tenchu : Time of the Assassin (that works perfectly) and the clone Shinobido (that works great, though unlike the PS2 version, the PSP version has a frankly bad level design making it much less fun to play it could have been)
10-07-2015, 11:47 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2015 03:28 AM by bomberman46.)
RE: Ninja Katsugeki: Tenchu San Portable
Will the loading problem ever be fixed? Now that the wall glitch has been fixed, it's the only thing stopping this game thus far from being playable.

edit - For those that don't know, the in-game loading has been fixed. Credits go to LunaMoo for creating the CWcheat.

(10-10-2015 11:38 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  Thanks for the info, making cwc version of the hack with it is really easy since I only have to change a1 value from -1 to 0 and add cwc formatting, so it should work fine:

Code:
_S ULJM-05505
_G Ninja Katsugeki: Tenchu San Portable
_C0 Infinite Loop Workaround
_L 0xE001FFFF 0x001D4DD8
_L 0x201D4DD8 0x24050000
_C0 Infinite Loop Workaround [Disable]
_L 0x201D4DD8 0x2405FFFF

Code:
_S ULJM-05598
_G Ninja Katsugeki: Tenchu Kurenai Portable
_C0 Infinite Loop Workaround
_L 0xE001FFFF 0x00159228
_L 0x20159228 0x24050000
_C0 Infinite Loop Workaround [Disable]
_L 0x20159228 0x2405FFFF

Important notes:
From what I can tell from other games the instruction that sets the number of loops(which this cheat affects) can potentially run much earlier than code which actually plays that particular sound track, so after activating cheat I would recommend to restart emulation and load/continue the game from normal save, otherwise it might not work.
For same reason don't load savestates made before that restart, especially if they were made right before the infinite loading screen, since they will restore old memory and almost surely not get affected by this hack. After restart with cheat activated you can start making new ones without any problem so don't worry about that slight inconvenience.
11-15-2015, 01:44 PM
After reading denslife16 reporting that in current builds of PPSSPP the "eternal loading" is fixed on the Tenchu Kurenai thread, i gave a try to my Tenchu San as the game engine is the same and found out that the "eternal loading" is indeed fixed for Tenchu San too !

I'm using v1.1.1-273-g419ea84 on win32 by the way, so it's not the most up to date, but at that version it's already fixed, so if you download a more up to date version you should be able to play Tenchu San finally .

At least for the 1st mission i tried (and that had the bug preventing further play), as i had not got time to play more mission, but i think you can now move this thread to Playable unless someone with more time to play through the game notice the return of the bug on a later mission.
11-15-2015, 04:18 PM
Moved Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
12-11-2015, 12:21 AM
Happily confirming that the game and all the missions within it, can be fully completed with recent builds (as i just finished the 3 characters stories with v1.1.1-340-g01669cb) without any problems.