Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness
03-09-2015, 12:36 AM
RE: Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness
Playing on ppsspp 1.0 and the game runs fine, with the exception that it crashes whenever Lion's Roar, King of Beasts, or Sexy Beam is used. Any idea how to fix it? Windows 7 X64 with Integrated Intel HD. Rather annoying when an enemy attempts to use Lion's Roar and causes the game to crash.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2015, 01:39 AM
Does it crash even when using Direct3D 9? Unfortunately, Intel doesn't have good OpenGL support, so the crash may very well be in the Intel driver.

-[Unknown]
03-09-2015, 02:30 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2015 02:30 AM by Inexplix.)
(03-09-2015 01:39 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Does it crash even when using Direct3D 9? Unfortunately, Intel doesn't have good OpenGL support, so the crash may very well be in the Intel driver.

-[Unknown]

Yes even with D3D9.

Settings are:
Buffered Rendering
Frameskipping 1
Prevent FPS from exceeding 60
Rendering resolution 2x PSP
Mipmapping, Hardware transform, Software skinning, Lazy texture cache, Disable slower effects - all on
Spline/Bezier curves quality low
Upscale type xBRZ
Anisotropic filtering 16x
Texture filtering Linear on FMV
Screen scaling filter Linear
Disable stencil test on
Texture coord speedhack on

Fast memory on
Multithreaded on
I/O on thread on
I/I timing method Fast (lag on low storage)
Dynamic (JIT) on

Everything else is off or had not been changed.
03-09-2015, 02:55 AM
Try turning off multithreaded, and if that doesn't help, try turning off fast memory.

-[Unknown]
03-09-2015, 02:59 AM
OK yeah turning off fast memory seems to have done the trick. Thank you.
03-09-2015, 04:02 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2015 06:14 AM by Inexplix.)
New problem. Whenever a dragon attempts to use Blue Nova the animation begins but then it just stops. The game is still running, no crash, just the attack does not finish.

Prinny Barrage does the same. Is there no fix for this?
03-24-2015, 10:46 AM
Help needed ASAP guys. I can't load my save file from the original PSP. The game loaded in PPSSPP is the same version that I played on PSP. After choosing the "Continue" from title screen and loading my save file, the screen is all gray (without any words) and after pressing circle on the pad, it returns to the title screen.
04-09-2015, 03:08 PM
BUMP! Any help, tips?
09-15-2015, 04:20 AM
(03-09-2015 04:02 PM)Inexplix Wrote:  New problem. Whenever a dragon attempts to use Blue Nova the animation begins but then it just stops. The game is still running, no crash, just the attack does not finish.

Prinny Barrage does the same. Is there no fix for this?

I'm not sure if anyone else has posted a fix for this (I tried the latest build--current date September 14, 2015, and the glitch persists). Luckily I have found a fix for it. I recalled that Prinny Barrage was working for me in the beginning stages of the game, but by Stellar Graveyard, both Prinny Barrage and the Dragon's Blue Nova spells were causing crashes with the same settings I had at the beginning.

Here is the fix that works for me:

Save an actual save on the memory card. Start the game fresh, and then load from this save. After this the animations work properly.

I don't know why this works, perhaps something with the Savestates over time, and if you're like me and exclusively use Savestates you would have had the same problem. Give this method a try and see if it works for you.

I have tested this now on Pro version 1.0.1 and it works now for Blue Nova every time.

Cheers, and enjoy.

-James
10-24-2015, 01:07 PM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2015 01:14 PM by carlamaw.)
Can i ask for the settings for the game... Every time i open the game it just stuck on the now loading part and hung on that part and exits automatically.

I really need your expertise on these.
I tried it on ppsspp gold and the normal version. All are the latest ppsspp version 1.1.1. And tried every possible settings but still nothing worked... Help me guys please.
This on android 4.4.2 with 1.3 qhz quad core lenovo a5000
Tnx

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

11-05-2015, 01:39 AM
Is this a known issue? When using the OpenGL backend, all of the sprites clip into the floor.

This isn't a problem when using the Direct3D backend, but then I can't use any shaders with this backend.

11-05-2015, 03:05 AM
That doesn't happen for me. What are your settings? Does it help to reset to defaults?

-[Unknown]
11-05-2015, 09:57 PM
Resetting to defaults did help. The sprites aren't cut off in OpenGL mode anymore.

Thanks!
12-24-2015, 12:15 PM
Does anyone had the same problem with me

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)