Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3 Average
0.9.7!
02-19-2014, 09:01 AM
RE: 0.9.7!
Well, the save files are actually encrypted differently (I don't know much about that part), you could potentially override the sdk version on your iso to match what PPSSPP thought it was before. Probably the easiest way would be a cheat code instead.

Unfortunately, I don't have the Final Mix version to explain how exactly, but the game should have something looking like this near the very start of its assembly (if you disable "Run on Load" and show the disassembly):

jal zz_sceKernelSetSdkVersion603_605
ori a0, a0, 0x10

Changing that second instruction (highlight it and press Ctrl-A) to "li a0, 0" would do the trick. Whatever address that is, a cheat code be made that sets that address to 0 automatically, I think.

-[Unknown]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 01:57 PM
Hmmm... I think for windows, the on screen touch controls should come with a menu button. As of right now, unless I'm missing it, there's no "back" or "esc" button to pull up the ppsspp menu.
02-19-2014, 02:05 PM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2014 02:06 PM by FinalBlast.)
I must say guys, in a matter of a month or two,
I decide to update and see how it goes on the framerate on android,
I then was greeted with 20+ fps(25/30fps alternate speed = 97/100%) persona 3 on my cheap
chinese copy of samsung galaxy s3 mini that costs less than 60$!
Within time we'll probably be able to play even more games with low budget devices! Wink

Laptop:________________________Desktop:
Windows 10 64-bit, 8GB DDR4 RAM | Windows 10 64-bit, 8GB DDR3 RAM
Intel® Core™i5-7300HQ 2,5/3.5ghz | Intel® Core™i5-4440 3,10ghz
NVIDIA GTX 1050 Ti_____________| NVIDIA GTX 1060 3GB
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-19-2014, 04:24 PM
(02-19-2014 09:01 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Well, the save files are actually encrypted differently (I don't know much about that part), you could potentially override the sdk version on your iso to match what PPSSPP thought it was before. Probably the easiest way would be a cheat code instead.

Unfortunately, I don't have the Final Mix version to explain how exactly, but the game should have something looking like this near the very start of its assembly (if you disable "Run on Load" and show the disassembly):

jal zz_sceKernelSetSdkVersion603_605
ori a0, a0, 0x10

Changing that second instruction (highlight it and press Ctrl-A) to "li a0, 0" would do the trick. Whatever address that is, a cheat code be made that sets that address to 0 automatically, I think.

-[Unknown]

Well, I was about to screw around with the disassembly then discovered solarmystic had PM'd me a custom executable to upgrade my saves, so that issue is solved. But now I discovered a new issue with 0.9.7.x: FMVs are unwatchable. In both KH and Crisis Core, the video gets squeezed to a tiny corner of the screen and in KH the opening FMV flickers like crazy, meaning the ending is likely also unwatchable. Seems like a regression as 0.9.6.2 didn't have this issue.
02-19-2014, 05:05 PM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2014 05:06 PM by Frioniel.)
I also have a problem.

when I turn on the game with ppsspp 0.9.7

10sec? program freeze and then

whole system freeze.

so I need to shut down the computer by force.

after try again, same problem.

Using AMD graphics

tried game is yugioh tag force 3.
02-19-2014, 10:35 PM
(02-19-2014 01:57 PM)id3alistic Wrote:  Hmmm... I think for windows, the on screen touch controls should come with a menu button. As of right now, unless I'm missing it, there's no "back" or "esc" button to pull up the ppsspp menu.

The onscreen touch controls work great on my ASUS T100 Windows Tablet. Such a neat feature to have. But when I go full screen I can't access the menu.

Need to dock into the keyboard and press alt+enter to bring back the ppsspp menu.

I hope an onscreen menu can be introduced in the next version.
02-20-2014, 05:44 AM
(02-19-2014 04:24 PM)FatCerberus Wrote:  Well, I was about to screw around with the disassembly then discovered solarmystic had PM'd me a custom executable to upgrade my saves, so that issue is solved. But now I discovered a new issue with 0.9.7.x: FMVs are unwatchable. In both KH and Crisis Core, the video gets squeezed to a tiny corner of the screen and in KH the opening FMV flickers like crazy, meaning the ending is likely also unwatchable. Seems like a regression as 0.9.6.2 didn't have this issue.

This may have something to do with settings? I'm not sure. I just tried Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (US), and videos play fine regardless of render resolution or texture scaling. Probably it plays videos the same way as Final Mix.

-[Unknown]
02-20-2014, 05:55 AM
(02-19-2014 04:24 PM)FatCerberus Wrote:  Well, I was about to screw around with the disassembly then discovered solarmystic had PM'd me a custom executable to upgrade my saves, so that issue is solved. But now I discovered a new issue with 0.9.7.x: FMVs are unwatchable. In both KH and Crisis Core, the video gets squeezed to a tiny corner of the screen and in KH the opening FMV flickers like crazy, meaning the ending is likely also unwatchable. Seems like a regression as 0.9.6.2 didn't have this issue.

What platform are you running these games on? They both play FMVs perfectly fine on Windows for me.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
02-20-2014, 06:42 PM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2014 06:45 PM by kurdboy.)
this version always crash Huh

marvel ultimate allience
burnout series
pop forgetten sands
300 spartans works only 9.7 but crash
02-21-2014, 10:36 AM
Thank you for release a new version!

I just want show a detail detected in this new version. Playing Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy everything looks blurry and after close look, the problem is a transparent layer above everything. It is a silly problem but after play for a couple of minutes make you feel dizzy.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-21-2014, 09:30 PM
(02-20-2014 05:55 AM)TheDax Wrote:  

What platform are you running these games on? They both play FMVs perfectly fine on Windows for me.

x64, Windows 8.1 Pro. My render resolution is set to 4x and texture scaling is set to Auto. Buffered rendering is turned on.
02-22-2014, 04:17 PM
So I did some testing and it turns out that if I set render resolution to Auto, the FMV issue goes away. If you set the render resolution manually it causes the flickering/small video issue. It's not my graphics card either, as I've tested it on both AMD and Intel graphics and saw the exact same issue. Manually setting the rendering resolution is what causes it.
02-22-2014, 09:02 PM
Sooo about those broken stylus controls...
02-22-2014, 10:24 PM
(02-22-2014 04:17 PM)FatCerberus Wrote:  So I did some testing and it turns out that if I set render resolution to Auto, the FMV issue goes away. If you set the render resolution manually it causes the flickering/small video issue. It's not my graphics card either, as I've tested it on both AMD and Intel graphics and saw the exact same issue. Manually setting the rendering resolution is what causes it.

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/5543

-[Unknown]
02-23-2014, 04:03 AM
(02-22-2014 10:24 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  
(02-22-2014 04:17 PM)FatCerberus Wrote:  So I did some testing and it turns out that if I set render resolution to Auto, the FMV issue goes away. If you set the render resolution manually it causes the flickering/small video issue. It's not my graphics card either, as I've tested it on both AMD and Intel graphics and saw the exact same issue. Manually setting the rendering resolution is what causes it.

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/5543

-[Unknown]

Thanks, good to know I'm not crazy. I was starting to think PPSSPP just hated me!