Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
port for intel x86 android phones??
09-03-2013, 08:04 AM
RE: port for intel x86 android phones??
Well, it might be more than one from the looks of it, heh.

I would start with just disabling the vfpu. Do you know what version of SSE your device supports?

-[Unknown]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2013, 10:33 AM
It seems that sse, sse2 are supportted, and the compiler should also enable it.
here's the cpuinfo.

cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 39
model name : Intel® Atom™ CPU Z2480 @ 2.00GHz
stepping : 2
cpu MHz : 2000.000
cache size : 512 KB
physical id : 0
siblings : 2
core id : 0
cpu cores : 1
apicid : 0
initial apicid : 0
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 10
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts nonstop_tsc aperfmperf s3_nonstop_tsc pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 xtpr pdcm movbe lahf_lm arat dts tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority
bogomips : 3993.60
clflush size : 64
cache_alignment : 64
address sizes : 32 bits physical, 32 bits virtual
power management:

processor : 1
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 39
model name : Intel® Atom™ CPU Z2480 @ 2.00GHz
stepping : 2
cpu MHz : 2000.000
cache size : 512 KB
physical id : 0
siblings : 2
core id : 0
cpu cores : 1
apicid : 1
initial apicid : 1
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 10
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts nonstop_tsc aperfmperf s3_nonstop_tsc pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 xtpr pdcm movbe lahf_lm arat dts tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority
bogomips : 3993.60
09-03-2013, 01:17 PM
(09-03-2013 06:31 AM)Henrik Wrote:  That should be pretty fast - just put DISABLE on the first line in half the functions, then if it still works, remove half the disables and so on (if it didn't, disable half of the other half instead) until you find the guilty one.

All right, just give me a day or two.
09-03-2013, 02:27 PM
Hello i have msi windpad 110w with android 4.3 x86 and i download latest ppsspp app and it works fast and gfx are great theres only 2 problems i cant download the atrac3 plugin and it doesnt matter what game i play the character is always facing the wrong direction it show on the radar that im turning but the char stays in one position example in phantasy star portable 2 my char back is always facing the enemy is there a fix x86 os and it only happens when i enable dynerec but when its off it goes extremly slow can anyone help please
09-04-2013, 02:24 AM
(09-03-2013 08:04 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Well, it might be more than one from the looks of it, heh.

I would start with just disabling the vfpu. Do you know what version of SSE your device supports?

-[Unknown]
It seems that with intel icc, the performace of c++ based apps will be improved, have a look at the link.
http://software.intel.com/en-us/c-compiler-android/
09-10-2013, 06:49 PM
Can you check if 0.9.1-747 and later fixes it? vrot is my main suspect.
09-11-2013, 06:47 AM
(09-10-2013 06:49 PM)Henrik Wrote:  Can you check if 0.9.1-747 and later fixes it? vrot is my main suspect.

Sadly, i tested the version 757, the graphic problem was not solved.

but the apk YaPel uploaded in Post: #54 works fine without graphic problem.
09-11-2013, 07:02 AM
ddsdadashi: are you using a compiler? If yes, try putting this in the middle of Core/MIPS/x86/CompVFPU.cpp:

#undef CONDITIONAL_DISABLE
#define CONDITIONAL_DISABLE { fpr.ReleaseSpillLocks(); Comp_Generic(op); return; }

A good place is right above:

void Jit::Comp_Vf2i(MIPSOpcode op) {

If that does not fix it, try reverting that change, and change the CONDITIONAL_DISABLE at the top from:

// #define CONDITIONAL_DISABLE { fpr.ReleaseSpillLocks(); Comp_Generic(op); return; }
#define CONDITIONAL_DISABLE ;

To:

#define CONDITIONAL_DISABLE { fpr.ReleaseSpillLocks(); Comp_Generic(op); return; }
// #define CONDITIONAL_DISABLE ;

What this will accomplish is finding whether it's in the first half of CompVFPU, the second half, or neither. If you have more time, you can go to 1/4, and narrow it down more.

If neither of them fix it, it must be in CompFPU somewhere.

-[Unknown]
09-13-2013, 03:05 PM
Sorry, I completly forgot about this, I'm going to test it tomorrow.
09-15-2013, 06:44 PM
Try now with the latest master, may be fixed (or rather, worked around.)

-[Unknown]
09-15-2013, 09:45 PM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2013 10:11 PM by YaPeL.)
compiling...

(09-15-2013 06:44 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Try now with the latest master, may be fixed (or rather, worked around.)

-[Unknown]

Yes, it is now fixed, thanks a lot and congrats! well, we now just need the ac3 plugin, (and start compiling it with the intel compiler once its out Tongue )

If the rest of you guys want to test it, here it is:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2445...sppx86.apk
09-18-2013, 12:47 AM
(09-15-2013 09:45 PM)YaPeL Wrote:  Yes, it is now fixed, thanks a lot and congrats! well, we now just need the ac3 plugin, (and start compiling it with the intel compiler once its out Tongue )

Just tried it and it works. Sound and all(though disabled ac3 due to slowdowns) in:
WipEout Pure
Tactics Ogre

Other than slowdowns in WipEout when racing with other ships(Zone and time trials will be enough for now), I found that I have to change the buffered rendering mode between each of those 2 games to get to see what I'm playing.

It's not perfect, but playing with the settings I'm able to get playable framerates at ~100% speed.

Thanks.

Oh, and in case you're wondering, Moto Razr i.
09-18-2013, 01:17 AM
(09-18-2013 12:47 AM)r1c47 Wrote:  
(09-15-2013 09:45 PM)YaPeL Wrote:  Yes, it is now fixed, thanks a lot and congrats! well, we now just need the ac3 plugin, (and start compiling it with the intel compiler once its out Tongue )

Just tried it and it works. Sound and all(though disabled ac3 due to slowdowns) in:
WipEout Pure
Tactics Ogre

Other than slowdowns in WipEout when racing with other ships(Zone and time trials will be enough for now), I found that I have to change the buffered rendering mode between each of those 2 games to get to see what I'm playing.

It's not perfect, but playing with the settings I'm able to get playable framerates at ~100% speed.

Thanks.

Oh, and in case you're wondering, Moto Razr i.

Sounds more like normal issues with ppsspp than the fact that is x86.
I don't know if we can squeze more from our phones from using the intel compiler, or if there is some extra tweaking required (which I doubt, I don't know, maybe consider the fact that our phones are can't do OoOE even if they are x86?) still, I'm pretty happy the way it runs now.
09-19-2013, 06:42 PM
(09-15-2013 09:45 PM)YaPeL Wrote:  compiling...

(09-15-2013 06:44 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Try now with the latest master, may be fixed (or rather, worked around.)

-[Unknown]

Yes, it is now fixed, thanks a lot and congrats! well, we now just need the ac3 plugin, (and start compiling it with the intel compiler once its out Tongue )

great job! its working, with some slowdowns but at least is playable now. Keep up the good job!

im using motorola razr i
09-24-2013, 04:43 PM (This post was last modified: 09-24-2013 05:03 PM by ddsdadashi.)
trying to build with icc:
I'm not familiar with android, but I managed to build ppsspp with icc for android. the startup guide of icc can be found here:
http://software.intel.com/sites/products...tarted.htm
so I just type how i build ppsspp with it.

1. modify the build.xml and custom_rules.xml because i'm using ant.
the build.xml missed a env variable for ndk, so add:
<property environment="env" />
<condition property="sdk.dir" value="${env.ANDROID_HOME}">
<isset property="env.ANDROID_HOME" />
</condition>
<condition property="ndk.dir" value="${env.NDK}">
<isset property="env.NDK" />
</condition>
in file custom_rules.xml:
<property name="ndkbuildopt" value=" V=1 -B NDK_TOOLCHAIN=icc APP_ABI=x86 APP_OPTIM:=release TARGET_PLATFORM:=android-14 LOCAL_LDFLAGS:=-static-intel"/>

2.modify the project.properties
change target=android-10 to android-14 because x86 are not supported in android 10

then type ant instrument, wait for job finished.
there are compiler warnings, but can be ignored safely, or you should edit the android.mk to remove the unsupported args.

the compilation gives me a startable apk, but not functional(complains about "Could not find executable disc0:/PSP_GAME/SYSDIR/BOOT.BIN"). so if anyone can help do some debug work?

http://u.163.com/wEtneNPc
(can only be downloaded for 20 times.)