Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Git / Builds installation
02-09-2014, 08:22 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2014 10:22 PM by vnctdj.)
Git / Builds installation
Wow! Angry
I can't believe there is NOWHERE on this forum if you search for: Git android, git install, build install, android install THERE'S NO INFORMATION ABOUT THIS!

Everyone on here is always talking about "well, you should probably use this build, blah blah, if your game isn't working." or "you should probably download this build or this git if your game is having issues" blahhh but NOWHERE on the forums OR on the ppsspp site is there a forum talking about: Where to drop the files, how to merge the files, how to check if the build/git was successfully installed.

WOW. I guess we're all a bunch of high-class professional programmers eh? Maybe you should lock the site and make it only accessible by professional members of your association. *whew* that felt good.

Now, after I have tried "BY MYSELF" to install a git to my windows, did I then get Castlevania SOTN playable. Still a bit jerky. But this topic is about: HOW DO YOU INSTALL GIT/BUILDS ONTO THE ANDROID DEVICE (galaxy note 2 to be more specific) lols
Find all posts by this user
02-09-2014, 08:34 PM
RE: GIT / BUILDS INSTALLATION
1) http://www.ppsspp.org/development.html it will point you to the git hub issues.

2) http://www.ppsspp.org/downloads.html scroll down until you find source code if you are that interested in git hub again (probably not) or download the top one build which is the most up to date.

If you would have paid more attention to the site itself you would have probably found them already. Also, most of the times people which tell that you need to download the latest build say that you can find it on the download page. Nobody here is trying to act superior to no one.

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
02-09-2014, 08:41 PM
If you read my post, you will know I'm not asking whether ppsspp works on a device or not duhr, I'm not even asking which devices it can/cannot be run on. I'm ask where to drop the files into the folders so that ppsspp updates it version and runs the intended game. wow
02-09-2014, 08:54 PM
I'ts not my fault if you are not using terms in the correct form, you talked about git installation so i provided you with both the link to git hub and the latest build avaiable for you to download. I'll repeat it again, if you are interested in the latest version of PPSSPP go on the download page I have already linked in the previous post, scroll down until you see "All builds" and download the latest revision (v0.9.6-839-ga0d5610 at the moment) for android. Simply run the apk file you have downloaded to install/update your ppsspp on your phone.

02-09-2014, 08:58 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2014 09:13 PM by ponytails.)
(02-09-2014 08:22 PM)ponytails Wrote:  this topic is about: HOW DO YOU INSTALL GIT/BUILDS ONTO THE ANDROID DEVICE (galaxy note 2 to be more specific) lols

duhrrrrrrr

Here, let me complete this POST, so that people on here can understand correctly how to install and run git / builds onto your Android device, because it seems that noone here is capable of doing so.

1) download a file explorer on your phone (es explorer works great)
2) download the desired git / build onto your phone
3) use the file explorer to locate and open the git / build you have downloaded onto your phone
4) when prompted, select install
5) open ppsspp and verify on the right side the updated version
6) **MOST IMPORTANT STEP, DO NOT SKIP** if issues, do not contact gurlock about this, as he will forward you to the download and/or development page.
02-09-2014, 09:15 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2014 09:17 PM by Gurlok.)
(02-09-2014 08:58 PM)ponytails Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 08:22 PM)ponytails Wrote:  this topic is about: HOW DO YOU INSTALL GIT/BUILDS ONTO THE ANDROID DEVICE (galaxy note 2 to be more specific) lols

duhrrrrrrr

Here, let me complete this POST, so that people on here can understand correctly how to install and run git / builds onto your Android device, because it seems that noone here is capable of doing so.

1) download the desired ppsspp version onto your phone (android market)
2) download a file explorer on your phone (es explorer works great)
3) download the desired git / build onto your phone
4) use the file explorer to locate and open the git /build you have downloaded onto your phone
5) when prompted, select the option to delete old files and replace with new files
6) open ppsspp and verify on the left side the updated version
7) if issues, do not contact gurlock about this, as he will forward you to the download and/or development page.

Or, simply go with your android phone on http://www.ppsspp.org/downloads.html and download the latest build for android, after downloading the apk file simply run it, and when it asked overwrite your old version, it will overwite all the system file while all your saved data remain. Honestly, I'm not even getting why you are going for the hard way.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that you don't even need a different file explorer, since you can use the basic one from samsung or you can quickly access the apk file from download recent files.

02-09-2014, 09:27 PM
i didn't post that, read my edited post xD
02-09-2014, 09:31 PM
Edited or not this is what my reply was referring to, and the fact doesn't change. You made a big fuss about something that wasn't needed in the first place.

02-09-2014, 09:53 PM
Edit your post! It should say: Edited or not this is what my reply was referring to, and the fact doesn't change. You made a big fuss about something that I DONT THINK WAS needed in the first place. Because I know how to use this program whether or not others know how to.
02-09-2014, 10:20 PM
This is the last reply you will get from me, so stick this in mind:

1)
(02-09-2014 09:53 PM)ponytails Wrote:  Because I know how to use this program whether or not others know how to.
Wrong on two points, first, my reply wasn't based upon someone with vast knowledge about downloading and updating, infact I have pointed every thing to make your life easier (linking you the download page AND pointing you to the latest build avoiding the mistake of downloading the official version which is present on the playstore and is older; second, we aren't talking about how to use the PPSSPP, rather how to download it and update it, so your argument is invalid.

2) If you would have paid attention on all the things I have already wrote and listed you wouldn't have gone the hard way you so carely described in chronological order.

3) From the start of your thread you were arguing about something that was already explained counteless times (and nobody cared about to reply for obvious reasons), while I tried to guide you.

4) This is nothing that needs to be really explained, because even people with little knowledge are able to think. You simply go on the website, download the desired version and install it, it's that hard even AFTER explaining that three times?

5) The difficult part about emulation is DUMPING YOUR OWNED GAME, something that not all people can do, so, considering how many difficulties you have found until now, I have my doubts about the ways you have obtained your game.

6) My name lack the c.

Probably this thread will be moved/closed/deleted/whatever since has no real usefulness.

Have a good day.

02-09-2014, 10:28 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2014 10:28 PM by vnctdj.)
RE: Git / Builds installation
Thank you Gurlok for your patience with him Smile

As you noticed, this thread goes nowhere and become useless...
Therefore, let's close it.

Closed.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
Thread Closed