Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4 Average
Google Play
11-03-2012, 05:34 PM
Google Play
When/if this gets stable enough, do you have any plans to release the emulator on Google Play? I'm sure there would be quite a few people willing to buy it. This has a ton of potential, hope to see where it goes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2012, 05:39 PM
RE: Google Play
It's founded by the founder of the Dolphin emulator, I don't think he'd charge for it, especially with it being open source and everything.

But I can't answer for him.
11-03-2012, 06:07 PM
I was just curious because updating an app is a lot easier through Google Play, rather than having to check to see if a newer version is out and then having to side load the app.
11-03-2012, 07:37 PM
I'm not currently planning to charge for it, but might put it on Google Play just for the update capability.

However, auto-updating emulators can be a bit annoying, as regressions always happen (a game happens to work on one version but not the next). We'll see if that will be an issue.
11-03-2012, 10:59 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2012 11:10 PM by Arcangel.)
I would buy it for sure, even if you put 2 versions one free and other donation version.

Publish on Google Play has a cost.

I think that if you don't publish it another person would take advantage of your work.

PD: Thanks for all
11-03-2012, 11:23 PM
First of all, THANKS!! This is the best and probably the biggest emulation project in Android scene. You should make a donation version, because I´m sure that people want to reward your work.
11-04-2012, 04:53 AM
(11-03-2012 07:37 PM)Henrik Wrote:  I'm not currently planning to charge for it, but might put it on Google Play just for the update capability.

However, auto-updating emulators can be a bit annoying, as regressions always happen (a game happens to work on one version but not the next). We'll see if that will be an issue.

i have an idea to make public support your development, first make the emulator run smooth for harvestmoon boy n girl, then they will support you, specially from indonesia Big Grin
11-04-2012, 07:44 AM
i think it is not a good idea to release it on google play store since it can be used for piracy you may have some illegal problems with sony.
11-04-2012, 10:30 AM
It's true, Sony have forced a PS1 emu off of the Google Play store in the past, but there are 2 commercial PS1 emu's on the store that haven't been touched yet.

The cost for publishing on the Google Play store is quite miniscule compared to Apple, who charge a yearly fee.
11-04-2012, 04:41 PM
If it were published on the Google Play (Which I highly encourage!) it would be prudent to make sure that the downloaders know that this is a open source project in alpha. Otherwise, people who are not wise to what this is will believe that this is a finished project, and will give it very low rankings that could adversely affect the course of this project.
11-04-2012, 11:23 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2012 11:26 PM by rocky430.)
(11-03-2012 07:37 PM)Henrik Wrote:  I'm not currently planning to charge for it, but might put it on Google Play just for the update capability.

Perhaps you can add an update manager within the emulator that allows you to update or rollback to previous versions avoiding Google Play?
11-06-2012, 05:06 AM
I can publish for you if you want, I hold a free publishing service in my developers account. That also goes for anyone else if they want games/apps published Big Grin

Awesome work with this emulator!
11-10-2012, 05:00 PM
It's up: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...spp.ppsspp
11-10-2012, 05:27 PM
(11-10-2012 05:00 PM)Henrik Wrote:  It's up: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...spp.ppsspp
great man
Upload some donate version of this app I think there is many people want to donate youBlush
11-10-2012, 08:12 PM
(11-10-2012 05:00 PM)Henrik Wrote:  It's up: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...spp.ppsspp

This'll go to top apps in a heartbeat Big Grin