Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
keyboard input problem
02-08-2014, 04:01 PM
keyboard input problem
hi guys! i reeeeally need your help on this. i usually play my ppsspp on my eeepad transformer tf101. and i use my keyboard dock to input controls on my game. i then downloaded a fairly new build. 0.9.6.778 i think it was. that was last week and ever since i installed and updated to the new build my ppsspp can't register inputs from my keyboard's alphanumeric keys(esp the LETTER KEYS) but can still register inputs from my arrow keys, spacebar, enter, shift, etc. it detects the inputs from my alphanumeric keys when i change the control mapping but when i start a game, they dont work. :/ anybody experiencing this issue as well? HELP!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2014, 08:43 PM
RE: keyboard input problem
Does it help if you restore the emulator's settings to default under Game Settings -> System, then exiting and re-entering? I have a TF101 as well, running KatKiss 4.3.1 build 29, and have no input issues with 0.9.6-802, whether it's on the touchscreen, or the keyboard dock. Does your dock work with other programs/the OS in general?

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
02-09-2014, 01:03 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2014 01:08 AM by AlfaM03.)
(02-08-2014 08:43 PM)TheDax Wrote:  Does it help if you restore the emulator's settings to default under Game Settings -> System, then exiting and re-entering? I have a TF101 as well, running KatKiss 4.3.1 build 29, and have no input issues with 0.9.6-802, whether it's on the touchscreen, or the keyboard dock. Does your dock work with other programs/the OS in general?

i just downloaded the .813 and kinda tried that a couple of times. but no go. :/ i mean, my letter keys used to work for me before. but now i dunno what happened. i am currently using my dock to type this. and even if i do control mapping on ppsspp it detects the input of my letter keys. but once i start the game, nada.

EDIT: well it does detect some input but i have to press a key for a long time for it to detect. for example, i use my WASD as the psp arrow buttons but i have to hold S for a long time for it to register as DOWN. weird
02-10-2014, 10:19 PM
anyone?
02-10-2014, 10:43 PM
I doubt many people have this old tablet anymore, unfortunately. What sort of ROM are you running on your tablet? Maybe it has issues with SDL-based applications and the keyboard dock.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
02-19-2014, 09:53 AM
im currently using 0.9.7.2 but still no fix. i dunno. coz ive been using my keyboard with the other versions of ppsspp and there wasnt any problem whatsoever before. but since i updated to 0.9.6.900+ and onwards it doesnt register or detect my previous key bindings.
02-19-2014, 11:11 AM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2014 11:12 AM by InfLeon.)
Is your Eeepad Transformer TF101 is running an Android_x86 build OS??? If so please mention the Version of the OS.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-22-2014, 03:08 PM (This post was last modified: 02-22-2014 03:13 PM by AlfaM03.)
(02-10-2014 10:43 PM)TheDax Wrote:  I doubt many people have this old tablet anymore, unfortunately. What sort of ROM are you running on your tablet? Maybe it has issues with SDL-based applications and the keyboard dock.
im currently using 0.9.7.2 but still no fix. i dunno. coz ive been using my keyboard with the other versions of ppsspp and there wasnt any problem whatsoever before. but since i updated to 0.9.6.900+ and onwards it doesnt register or detect my previous key bindings.

(02-19-2014 11:11 AM)InfLeon Wrote:  Is your Eeepad Transformer TF101 is running an Android_x86 build OS??? If so please mention the Version of the OS.
im running 4.0.3. thats the latest for tf101. but personally, i dont think it's an issue with my OS if that's what you're saying. i guess its with my ppsspp version. after i downloaded some new version, it kinda messed it up for me even tho they were ok before. but im no expert and would appreciate help on this. Smile
03-05-2014, 03:32 PM
Hey im having pretty much the exact same issue. Ive always used a bluetooth keyboard but for some reason now in game my alpha keys are not being recognized. For example playing monster hunter I use WASD for the analog stick and they dont work now but the arrow, shift, alt, ctrl, and so on...

Im using a Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition with android 4.3 and the latest version of ppsspp.
Im wondering if youve figured anything out or gotten any closer.
06-03-2016, 03:56 AM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2016 05:43 AM by Shackleton.)
(03-05-2014 03:32 PM)steven35f Wrote:  Hey im having pretty much the exact same issue. Ive always used a bluetooth keyboard but for some reason now in game my alpha keys are not being recognized. For example playing monster hunter I use WASD for the analog stick and they dont work now but the arrow, shift, alt, ctrl, and so on...

Im using a Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition with android 4.3 and the latest version of ppsspp.
Im wondering if youve figured anything out or gotten any closer.

Apologies for the necro, but this is one of the first results on Google if you search for 'bluetooth keyboard not working ppsspp' and I just discovered what the problem is myself.

Having had exactly the same problem on my stock Note 4 as the two posters above, I did some playing around and the answer in my case was to disable my SwiftKey keyboard app and switch back to the default Samsung on screen keyboard. After this, all keys were recognised in game and not just in the binding screen.

Not sure if this is something that could be fixed in an update, but wanted to document it for anyone else who might be having the same issue.
01-11-2021, 12:02 AM
Sry for necro-ing, but this thread is high up in google search and i had the same issue under win 10, but i also managed now to resolve it.
As normal User i couldnt use the keyboard for textinput in yugioh arc-v tag force (english patched iso).
But as Admin it functions normally as i know it from an much earlier build (in the old build there was no mouse-button-support, so it was really old i think, but keyboard as textinput funcioned there as normal user without adminrights).