Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Final Fantasy Type-0
06-11-2014, 01:59 PM
RE: Final Fantasy Type-0
(06-11-2014 11:18 AM)nightmesh Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 11:11 PM)nightmesh Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 08:44 AM)BlackTrigger Wrote:  Hi guys could you make a video tutorial of how to play on multi?
I can't make a video because I don't have a 2nd computer anymore but I can get on tunngle and show you and anyone else there how to set it up in real time. Unless someone wants to help me make a video. I understand its really clunky. I wish someone just had a server we would use.

That gives me an idea. Okay for the next 3 days I wont turn off my pc. I'm going to leave adhocserver running and I've joined the pppsspp emulator room on tunngle. So now all you have to do is join the same room and just get my ip address. Then play the game like normal story mode and pick users or jump to multiplayer and join someone else game. That's my favorite part about how type 0 works for us. Anyone can host a game but you have to have a server. Here's my virtual ip address so you can enter it in without having to look for it. 7.73.71.163

Okay I did some testing around and its not working like it should. I know it does work but I have to figure out the kinks. When I do I'll post an updated guide.

I would like someone to help me test out the multiplayer in a private room. I have a hunch the reason it doesn't work is because of high ping. When I got it to work for me before it was with a neighbor at his house and me at mine. We live so close that ping wasn't an issue. So I've made a private room on tunngle to test it out. If that doesn't work then I'll have to try using my public ip and skip tunngle all together.

My private room info:
Type:Basic
Name:Type0
Password:zero

1. In which reation are you? EU/USA/Asia (ping related)
2. The password is rejected
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2014, 02:01 PM
(06-11-2014 01:59 PM)GamerzHell9137 Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 11:18 AM)nightmesh Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 11:11 PM)nightmesh Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 08:44 AM)BlackTrigger Wrote:  Hi guys could you make a video tutorial of how to play on multi?
I can't make a video because I don't have a 2nd computer anymore but I can get on tunngle and show you and anyone else there how to set it up in real time. Unless someone wants to help me make a video. I understand its really clunky. I wish someone just had a server we would use.

That gives me an idea. Okay for the next 3 days I wont turn off my pc. I'm going to leave adhocserver running and I've joined the pppsspp emulator room on tunngle. So now all you have to do is join the same room and just get my ip address. Then play the game like normal story mode and pick users or jump to multiplayer and join someone else game. That's my favorite part about how type 0 works for us. Anyone can host a game but you have to have a server. Here's my virtual ip address so you can enter it in without having to look for it. 7.73.71.163

Okay I did some testing around and its not working like it should. I know it does work but I have to figure out the kinks. When I do I'll post an updated guide.

I would like someone to help me test out the multiplayer in a private room. I have a hunch the reason it doesn't work is because of high ping. When I got it to work for me before it was with a neighbor at his house and me at mine. We live so close that ping wasn't an issue. So I've made a private room on tunngle to test it out. If that doesn't work then I'll have to try using my public ip and skip tunngle all together.

My private room info:
Type:Basic
Name:Type0
Password:zero

1. In which reation are you? EU/USA/Asia (ping related)
2. The password is rejected
I'm in the US and I closed the room. I've been testing type 0 with coldbird server. Right now I'm getting all the ports I can that it uses and I'm going to try opening a range of them to see if makes it so we can use his server.
06-11-2014, 03:47 PM
Currently testing with nightmesh to get it running, but there seems to be a problem (probably ping?)
06-11-2014, 09:41 PM
Game's not working you are crazy wait for ad hoc code xD
06-11-2014, 09:43 PM
It works fine in a lan network.

Not so much over the internet currently
06-12-2014, 07:00 AM
(06-11-2014 09:41 PM)Heoxis Wrote:  Game's not working you are crazy wait for ad hoc code xD

We know for a fact that local play works but for some reason trying to play with someone over the internet doesn't. The tricks people use for games like monster hunter where they slow down the game while connecting doesn't work. If your playing locally you don't have to slow down at all. You join the game as soon as you try invading it. The only explanation I can come up with is that it's ping related. The adhoc code is fine.
06-12-2014, 11:37 AM
(06-12-2014 07:00 AM)nightmesh Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 09:41 PM)Heoxis Wrote:  Game's not working you are crazy wait for ad hoc code xD

We know for a fact that local play works but for some reason trying to play with someone over the internet doesn't. The tricks people use for games like monster hunter where they slow down the game while connecting doesn't work. If your playing locally you don't have to slow down at all. You join the game as soon as you try invading it. The only explanation I can come up with is that it's ping related. The adhoc code is fine.

Code is not fine xD it can run 5% games on multiplayer while jpcsp can run 95% games :O
06-12-2014, 01:29 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2014 04:34 PM by nightmesh.)
(06-12-2014 11:37 AM)Heoxis Wrote:  
(06-12-2014 07:00 AM)nightmesh Wrote:  

Code is not fine xD it can run 5% games on multiplayer while jpcsp can run 95% games :O
In concern to this game the code is fine. Also from what I've seen no one has been working on the code since after its wide release. So waiting on the code to be updated doesn't sound promising. Also I couldn't test this game out with JPCSP because it wont except the patch game.

Edit: Did anyone here just play multiplayer on coldbird server with a guy name nightmesh? I put my router into a mode kinda like dmz and though I'd give coldbird server a try again and while playing the game someone joined my game. Their name was mastue or matse, something along those lines. If anyone else has dmz going for them could they try connecting to the server and joining my game if they see one up. I'm in the chatzy room if you wanna test it out together.
http://us21.chatzy.com/53406607553012
06-12-2014, 09:14 PM
Ok we got it working,

Our setup was:

Me (Host) located in germany, adhocserver was coldbirds server. DMZ enabled. No adhocpro.
Nightquake (Client/player) located in ukraine, DMZ enabled (i think). No adhoc pro. Also coldbirds server.

Both used PPSSPP, my revision was 1142, not sure about his.
Using normal Speed (30fps), 1000mhz clock speed, Fast memory disabled.

Multiplayer works perfectly fine, could connect multiple times to the same session aswell. No slow downs required.
06-13-2014, 07:19 AM
If you plan on playing on coldbirds or just want to try playing with anyone please join our chat so we can try and help you out. There's a guy that's been trying to join my games with changing his name everytime and I can tell he wants to talk to me some how by what he puts. Here's out chat room. You don't have to sign up. Just give yourself a name and a color besides black.
http://us21.chatzy.com/53406607553012
06-13-2014, 09:55 AM
1. does this game works with merged iso in multiplayer?
2. can i play with my friends via evolve / trunggle or only lan?

>> Please, make God Eater 2 and Toukiden work online!! <<
06-13-2014, 10:18 AM
(06-13-2014 09:55 AM)1nsane Wrote:  1. does this game works with merged iso in multiplayer?

I haven't used evolve but I've used tunngle and I've only gotten as far as having local play work. Nothing over the internet. I do know that hamachi works. Also coldbird with after turning on dmz or something close to it. Also turning off my firewall helped me see a few rooms that weren't there before. As said before the closer you live to at person the better chance you have to play with each other.
06-13-2014, 02:06 PM
I just want to point out that my friend and I have had no problems with multiplayer using the Hamachi stickied guide. I'm in central US and he's in Brazil and we have no problems or lag whatsoever. We have to do the 50% speed trick to get connected tho.
06-13-2014, 02:30 PM
My guess is, the farther you are away from each other (and its probably an issue of minimal ping differences) the more likely you have to slow down the game for it to work. The closer you are to each other, with a good and stable connection (im 99% sure ur uplaod speed is also affecting this) the less likely you have to use any kind of slow downs. So depending on your distance to the host/client, play around with Alternative speed values. If it doesnt work at all you are either:
-Too far away from the person.
-Either yours or the other persons internet connection cannot keep up.
-If playing over Coldbird / Direct IP connections, your ports are not open. (Common issue)
06-14-2014, 08:29 AM
(06-13-2014 09:55 AM)1nsane Wrote:  1. does this game works with merged iso in multiplayer?
I've used merged ISO for multiplayer, so yes, it does work.

My specs:
Phenom X3 8450 ~2.3GHz
PowerColor HD6850 1GB
4 gigs of DDR2-800 RAM
~400GB HDD
Windows 8.0 x64