Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PPSSPP Final Release
02-08-2014, 12:32 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2014 12:35 PM by curraja.)
PPSSPP Final Release
Hai! (This is a future question)

(MY QUESTION IS DIRECTED TO DEVS) so im expecting answers from DEVS thanks for understanding .

Im wondering from few months will PPSSPP will have a final release which will allow us to play all games on the same setting set without changing it for each game? Im asking cause i noticed today that i was able to run GOW today with full speed (but i had to set clock to 60) but game was only half Playable cause i had to play it without buffer rendering "screen in some moments was really dark i had no idea where am i"since in buffer mode game is slow like snail... Another one is Wipeout Pulse&Fusion i thought that clock at 60 would help preventing massive lag but instead of helping my screen was flickering and flashing on all rainbow colours and crashed on almost all of my 50 games . So are we getting close to anything called Final to let us play without changing settings over and over? Oh i noticed as well that games are looking really good wirh PSP rendering 1:1 (as would without rendering) but lags like hell.Will lots of those options that most of us doesnt understand (even with guides) and make us confusing to configure them all *.* will even dissapear giving us full stable version? . Anyway back to my question are we there yet?

O hai! Testing everything Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE Android 4.3

O bai! Did you witness my power?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2014, 12:58 PM
RE: PPSSPP Final Release
TheDax Wrote:5. Don't ask for ETAs (ETA = Estimated Time of Arrival).
The developers here provide their work for you for free, so just let them do their job on making PPSSPP awesome.

its in the Global Forum Rules

o.o Oh Hi XD
P.S: Wanted to go to Japan so badly

AOD270
Windows 7 Home Basic (32bit)
Intel Atom N2800 (Quad-core) 1.86GHz
Intel Graphic Media Accelerator 3600 series
02-08-2014, 01:39 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2014 01:46 PM by curraja.)
Thats why my question is headed to DEVS Wink im not asking WHEN im asking will we have a a final release in the future that will let us run games as in someones thread "perfect" .

02-08-2014, 04:30 PM
To be able to run all the games perfectly is the developers' main goal, it's obvious...

However, nobody can predict the future !

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
02-12-2014, 04:57 AM
Not a developer, but from my experience following the emulator scene, I don't think we'll ever have a version that works perfectly with every game.

The problem with emulating consoles is that different users have different hardware/operating system. So, it would be highly unlikely to hope for a version that will be perfect in every device. Even older emulators like Snes 9x, Visualboy Advance, Project 64, EPSXE, PCSX2 need to be manually configured for some games to get perfect console like experience.

That being said, the developers of PPSSPP have done an outstanding job in a very small timeframe. I'm confident that most psp games will be fully playable in near future.
02-12-2014, 08:22 AM
(02-12-2014 04:57 AM)Trqrrhmn Wrote:  Not a developer, but from my experience following the emulator scene, I don't think we'll ever have a version that works perfectly with every game.

The problem with emulating consoles is that different users have different hardware/operating system. So, it would be highly unlikely to hope for a version that will be perfect in every device. Even older emulators like Snes 9x, Visualboy Advance, Project 64, EPSXE, PCSX2 need to be manually configured for some games to get perfect console like experience.

That being said, the developers of PPSSPP have done an outstanding job in a very small timeframe. I'm confident that most psp games will be fully playable in near future.

yeah i agree with your argument here. You won't get a perfect program here and there. This does not only apply to console emulators but normal programs as well as games.

At least the dev done a great job at maintaining and upgrading the emulator. But i think we will get all games at least playable to the emulator.

o.o Oh Hi XD
P.S: Wanted to go to Japan so badly

AOD270
Windows 7 Home Basic (32bit)
Intel Atom N2800 (Quad-core) 1.86GHz
Intel Graphic Media Accelerator 3600 series
02-12-2014, 04:20 PM
(02-12-2014 04:57 AM)Trqrrhmn Wrote:  Not a developer, but from my experience following the emulator scene, I don't think we'll ever have a version that works perfectly with every game.

I agree 100%. I have worked with emulators for many years and I think there is almost no emulator that is capable of running every game in its library with same setup. Many games even require some obscure tweaks/hacks.

And to be honest I right now have played many PSP games from my collection on PPSSPP...and I dont remember changing stuff around. For the games that are playable the settings are almost always the same. only few games require some odd config.

Everything is Hitsuzen!
02-12-2014, 05:21 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2014 05:33 PM by Asferot.)
(02-08-2014 01:39 PM)curraja Wrote:  Thats why my question is headed to DEVS Wink im not asking WHEN im asking will we have a a final release in the future that will let us run games as in someones thread "perfect" .

Sorry Im not a DEV, but if nothing apocalyptic happens we will have the...."final" version. But you have to understand that even the "final" version probably will have some minor flaws. And What exactly is "perfect" for you?
The thread you mention is about the games that are "fully playable". And even right now some games run Perfectly almost.

Everything is Hitsuzen!
02-12-2014, 09:10 PM
Yeah, no emulator really has a "final version". There's always something left to improve, these systems are so complex and even when all games play, there are infinite options that can be added (say cheat engines), and performance can always be worked on forever.

PPSSPP 1 year from now will probably be more solid and play a bunch more games - just look at PPSSPP a year ago. But it won't be perfect.

I still haven't decided when I will call a release 1.0 but I'm close to running out of 0.9.x numbers now...
02-12-2014, 09:28 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2014 09:29 PM by vnctdj.)
By the way, are you aiming something special for v1.0 ?

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
02-13-2014, 05:31 AM
(02-12-2014 09:10 PM)Henrik Wrote:  Yeah, no emulator really has a "final version". There's always something left to improve, these systems are so complex and even when all games play, there are infinite options that can be added (say cheat engines), and performance can always be worked on forever.

PPSSPP 1 year from now will probably be more solid and play a bunch more games - just look at PPSSPP a year ago. But it won't be perfect.

I still haven't decided when I will call a release 1.0 but I'm close to running out of 0.9.x numbers now...

Why not use x.x.xxx numbering system?

I have to say there has been done so much work in this one year.
I remember few years back I was looking for a good PSP emulator just to find out there are none [well there were but they only could run some small homebrews] and some said there never will be.

Everything is Hitsuzen!
02-13-2014, 10:00 AM
I think in another year it'll be running every game at 100% with all 1 perfect default setting the way it's progressing -and can't wait to see the day of the ppsspp v1.0 release when it happens.- great job on ppsspp so far guys. i just wish other emulator developers worked this fast. lol

specs: win xp 32bit service pack 3 nvidia GT630 2048mb ram graphics card, dual core 3.0GHz 2gb ram pc user
02-13-2014, 08:36 PM
I hope until 1.0 all the major optimizations in speed/graphics will be exhausted (if they aren't already), and the emu will become stable enough

Samsung Captivate, Android 2.3.5 SAUROM, Corn Kernel v701
Fly Evo Chic 3, Android 4.4.2 Stock, improved stock kernel
02-14-2014, 05:10 AM
Well im moslty thinking about those speed ups/downs and setting for specyfic games which would be awsome to play some of them on the same settings without banging all those options (cause atm there are too many of them) "as for me" but hey im blonde!