Thread Rating:
  • 10 Votes - 4.7 Average
[AdHoc] Compatibility List [STOPPED]
08-22-2020, 02:46 PM
RE: [AdHoc] Compatibility List [STOPPED]
(08-22-2020 02:00 PM)AdamN Wrote:  That game seems to have many multiplayer mode, but the only one working during my test is just one of the mode (i'm not sure what it was because all the text were in japanese LOL)
I'll upload the screenshot later
Test Bleach Heat the Soul 7 HK version with localhost
All multiplayer mode working, but it will still get refuse battle error, if it happend, switch other player require battle will work
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-22-2020, 07:52 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2020 09:15 PM by Zinx777.)
(08-22-2020 02:00 PM)AdamN Wrote:  
(08-22-2020 12:41 PM)Zinx777 Wrote:  
(08-21-2020 09:08 PM)AdamN Wrote:  This pull request https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/13318
Should be much more stable and faster multiplayer Smile it may not fix games that weren't or half working before tho

Games that were having heavy performance drop (ie. Power Stone Collection) and games that were frozen almost permanently due to blocking socket (ie. Hotshots Tennis, Digimon World, etc) should now be able to run normally.
High latency may still cause performance drop tho, probably because i haven't simulate blocking for sending data (didn't bother with blocking sending because it wasn't critical issue that could cause near-permanent freezes)

Along with this i also fixed possible crash related to AdhocMatching, and also fix one of the multiplayer mode on Bleach Heat the Soul 7.

PS: It's not on my old test build links, so you guys will need to wait until it gets merged
PPS: The old MinTimeout implementation was buggy, so with this blocking simulation the higher the MinTimeout you use, the lower FPS you'll get, which is normal/expected to happen when overriding the timeout
Does that mean that bleach heat the soul 7 is working now?

That game seems to have many multiplayer mode, but the only one working during my test is just one of the mode (i'm not sure what it was because all the text were in japanese LOL)
I'll upload the screenshot later

Saw the test builds you posted on github and found something interesting.
If you have "force real time clock sync" enabled on both instances of PPSSPP (same PC) the first mode of Heat The Soul 7 will work without errors on the HK version but the gameplay will be too fast.
If i have it disabled it I cant connect no matter what I put in timeout.
I saw games getting too fast in Adhoc before in the past so it wont be the first time though.
EDIT: looks like it will work even without real time clock enabled you just need to be faster at accepting the match on the other instance.
It will still be too fast on both instances though.
The game wont work over the internet btw (with ping of about 100+ ms) because you will get an error when you the other player accepts (real time clock sync wont help).
08-22-2020, 11:09 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2020 11:31 PM by AdamN.)
(08-22-2020 07:52 PM)Zinx777 Wrote:  Saw the test builds you posted on github and found something interesting.
If you have "force real time clock sync" enabled on both instances of PPSSPP (same PC) the first mode of Heat The Soul 7 will work without errors on the HK version but the gameplay will be too fast.
If i have it disabled it I cant connect no matter what I put in timeout.
I saw games getting too fast in Adhoc before in the past so it wont be the first time though.
EDIT: looks like it will work even without real time clock enabled you just need to be faster at accepting the match on the other instance.
It will still be too fast on both instances though.
The game wont work over the internet btw (with ping of about 100+ ms) because you will get an error when you the other player accepts (real time clock sync wont help).
I couldn't even get that mode to work on localhost LOL

The mode that was working fine was: 1st menu->2nd menu->1st menu(host)/2nd menu(join)

Edit: i managed to get the 1st menu->1st menu to work if i use Fast I/O Timing method. I guess that thing is still affecting multiplayer Sad and yeah, you need to accept the joining player fast for it to work

Edit2: nevermind, I/O Timing method doesn't affect it, you just need to be fast in accepting the player

My Modified PPSSPP :
==============
Win32&64: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2t3mtdhb0f045cn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_Win32x64.zip?dl=0
Android(ARMv7): https://www.dropbox.com/s/b41bm43mtn1gpnn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_ARMv7.apk?dl=0
08-22-2020, 11:38 PM
I tried AdamN's test build on khbbs to see if anything changed a bit well it either give the same usual error or I get this pic :

P.S when connecting in the lobby I get as well that little "connecting please wait"

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

08-23-2020, 03:57 PM (This post was last modified: 08-23-2020 05:33 PM by AdamN.)
(08-21-2020 09:08 PM)AdamN Wrote:  This pull request https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/13318
Should be much more stable and faster multiplayer Smile it may not fix games that weren't or half working before tho

Games that were having heavy performance drop (ie. Power Stone Collection) and games that were frozen almost permanently due to blocking socket (ie. Hotshots Tennis, Digimon World, etc) should now be able to run normally.
High latency may still cause performance drop tho, probably because i haven't simulate blocking for sending data (didn't bother with blocking sending because it wasn't critical issue that could cause near-permanent freezes)

Along with this i also fixed possible crash related to AdhocMatching, and also fix one of the multiplayer mode on Bleach Heat the Soul 7.

PS: It's not on my old test build links, so you guys will need to wait until it gets merged
PPS: The old MinTimeout implementation was buggy, so with this blocking simulation the higher the MinTimeout you use, the lower FPS you'll get, which is normal/expected to happen when overriding the timeout on games like Power Stone Collection.

Edit: Here are the test builds if you want to tests this over the internet.
Win32 & Win64: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kbwwx0q0w4ecm2...4.zip?dl=0
Android ARMv7 32bit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3gl942pt5n91fe...7.apk?dl=0

I've reupload these test builds to implement blocking PdpSend simulation, which is a bit more complicated compared to PtpSend due to the ability to broadcast.

And the only game i know that use blocking broadcast was Monster Hunter games, hopefully this won't cause any regression tho.

PS: If you're getting a crash related to Vulkan when loading a game (ie. Bleach 7) from SaveState try using D3D11 or recreate the SaveState

My Modified PPSSPP :
==============
Win32&64: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2t3mtdhb0f045cn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_Win32x64.zip?dl=0
Android(ARMv7): https://www.dropbox.com/s/b41bm43mtn1gpnn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_ARMv7.apk?dl=0
08-24-2020, 12:55 AM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2020 12:56 AM by onelight.)
(08-22-2020 02:29 PM)AdamN Wrote:  Kingdom Hearts issue is much more complicated, after testing it on JPCSP with prx files (which is the only way for it to works) i suspects it has missing feature within the PSPNetconfDialog implementation, so i gave up investigating it because dealing with JPCSP logs on my slow laptop is a pain in the a** Sleepy

how do you get jpcsp log, have you try add some logger name to LogSettings.xml ?
08-24-2020, 08:09 AM
Bleach heat soul......
Can the problem be fixed...
Some of us really wanna play soul verses .....but it just wont go to stage/player select♋?
08-24-2020, 08:18 AM
Can Bleach heat soul 1-7 ad hoc be fixed...
Cause many wanna play soul verses mode(including me).....but starting to hate the game cause the game just crashes when its supposed to show stage/character select
08-24-2020, 01:21 PM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2020 01:28 PM by AdamN.)
(08-24-2020 12:55 AM)onelight Wrote:  
(08-22-2020 02:29 PM)AdamN Wrote:  Kingdom Hearts issue is much more complicated, after testing it on JPCSP with prx files (which is the only way for it to works) i suspects it has missing feature within the PSPNetconfDialog implementation, so i gave up investigating it because dealing with JPCSP logs on my slow laptop is a pain in the a** Sleepy

how do you get jpcsp log, have you try add some logger name to LogSettings.xml ?
I only use the Show Logger and watch the log on screen, but trying to keyword filter the debug log causing the game runs like a slideshow which is frustating Sad
well it did creates a 1+ gb log file, but i didn't bother to check it, because it probably filled with things i'm not interested with (ie. kernel, gpu, etc) i'm not even sure which part of the log channel sceNet resides in

I only want the logs for 4 channels: sceNet, sceNp, sceUtility, and sceOpenPSID, but i can only see checklist option for sceUtility Sad if only they provides all the checklist like PPSSPP log channels, it might not runs as slow as filtering the text (and apparently i can only filter 1 keyword at a time -_- can't filter with 4 keywords at the same time?)

My Modified PPSSPP :
==============
08-24-2020, 03:00 PM
(08-24-2020 01:21 PM)AdamN Wrote:  

I only use the Show Logger and watch the log on screen, but trying to keyword filter the debug log causing the game runs like a slideshow which is frustating Sad
well it did creates a 1+ gb log file, but i didn't bother to check it, because it probably filled with things i'm not interested with (ie. kernel, gpu, etc) i'm not even sure which part of the log channel sceNet resides in

I only want the logs for 4 channels: sceNet, sceNp, sceUtility, and sceOpenPSID, but i can only see checklist option for sceUtility Sad if only they provides all the checklist like PPSSPP log channels, it might not runs as slow as filtering the text (and apparently i can only filter 1 keyword at a time -_- can't filter with 4 keywords at the same time?)
It was not the right way to get jpcsp log.
if you want logging a channel, ant the logger name and logger level to LogSettings.xml.
you can try add the following lines in your LogSettings.xml
<logger name='hle.sceNet'> <level value='trace' /> </logger>
<logger name='hle.sceNp'> <level value='trace' /> </logger>
<logger name='hle.sceUtility'> <level value='trace' /> </logger>
<logger name='hle.sceOpenPSID'> <level value='trace' /> </logger>
08-24-2020, 03:11 PM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2020 03:12 PM by Zinx777.)
(08-24-2020 03:00 PM)onelight Wrote:  

if you want logging a channel, ant the logger name and logger level to LogSettings.xml.

Hey onelight maybe get a log for AdamN so he could look whats wrong on PPSSPP.
I guess one log with the decrypted firmware and one without it.
08-24-2020, 03:59 PM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2020 04:18 PM by AdamN.)

I only use the Show Logger and watch the log on screen, but trying to keyword filter the debug log causing the game runs like a slideshow which is frustrating Sad

Ah i see, but how do i generate the log.html for the 2nd instance on the same folder?
i tried changing log to log2 on the 2nd instance before loading the game but the only file i see is log.html

Btw, when i checked the log.html i can't find "AdhocctlConnect" i remember seeing that function when watching the Logger during the "Connecting..." moment

My Modified PPSSPP :
==============
08-24-2020, 05:13 PM
(08-24-2020 03:59 PM)AdamN Wrote:  

I only use the Show Logger and watch the log on screen, but trying to keyword filter the debug log causing the game runs like a slideshow which is frustrating Sad

Ah i see, but how do i generate the log.html for the 2nd instance on the same folder?
i tried changing log to log2 on the 2nd instance before loading the game but the only file i see is log.html

Btw, when i checked the log.html i can't find "AdhocctlConnect" i remember seeing that function when watching the Logger during the "Connecting..." moment

just dont run 2 jpcsp at same folder, copy it to another folder and run 2 jpcsp from different folder
08-25-2020, 12:28 AM (This post was last modified: 08-25-2020 12:48 AM by AdamN.)
(08-24-2020 05:13 PM)onelight Wrote:  
(08-24-2020 03:59 PM)AdamN Wrote:  
(08-24-2020 12:55 AM)onelight Wrote:  how do you get jpcsp log, have you try add some logger name to LogSettings.xml ?

just dont run 2 jpcsp at same folder, copy it to another folder and run 2 jpcsp from different folder

Btw, i seriously can't find any of sceNetAdhocInit or sceNetAdhocctlInit functions in the log O.o
Are they not part of sceNet channel?
Should i added more channels like: hle.sceNetAdhoc and hle.sceNetAdhocctl to get them in the log?

And where can i find the list of all of available channels (just in case there are more sceNet* that was separated), because i thought hle.sceNet will also includes sceNetAdhoc, sceNetAdhocctl, sceNetInet, etc. they're not mentioned in readme.txt

PS: Are the modules here https://www.javatips.net/api/jpcsp-maste...nager.java will be treated as a separate log channel each?

My Modified PPSSPP :
==============
08-25-2020, 02:03 AM
(08-25-2020 12:28 AM)AdamN Wrote:  Btw, i seriously can't find any of sceNetAdhocInit or sceNetAdhocctlInit functions in the log O.o
Are they not part of sceNet channel?
Should i added more channels like: hle.sceNetAdhoc and hle.sceNetAdhocctl to get them in the log?

And where can i find the list of all of available channels (just in case there are more sceNet* that was separated), because i thought hle.sceNet will also includes sceNetAdhoc, sceNetAdhocctl, sceNetInet, etc. they're not mentioned in readme.txt

PS: Are the modules here https://www.javatips.net/api/jpcsp-maste...nager.java will be treated as a separate log channel each?

last time I report jpcsp log to jpcsp main Developer gid15, he suggest add following lines in LogSettings.xml

Code:
<logger name='hle.sceNetAdhoc'> <level value='trace' /> </logger>
<logger name='hle.sceNetAdhocctl'> <level value='trace' /> </logger>
<logger name='hle.sceNetAdhocMatching'> <level value='trace' /> </logger>
<logger name='hle.sceNet'> <level value='debug' /> </logger>
<logger name='hle.sceUtility'> <level value='debug' /> </logger>
<logger name='compiler'> <level value='debug' /> </logger>
<logger name='network'> <level value='debug' /> </logger>